allianced play is dead, if not ftw

antisback

Head Gardener
Not sure azzer would take to kindly to anyone cloning his game.

Apart from that it would be an awful lot of work to do - but if someone wants to do it I have pretty accurate numbers for most things which i'm happy to share, i also believe CF has pretty accurate unit stats.

Elderveld

Official Helper
Well to be fair, we could just create our 'own' unit names, and stats ofcourse similair to here.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Not sure azzer would take to kindly to anyone cloning his game.
At what point is anyone expected to give any f*cks about this? He practically cloned plantarion. It obviously wouldnt be the same. Change names to avoid copyright. Call it "HydroponicWarfare". Whatever.

Apart from that it would be an awful lot of work to do - but if someone wants to do it I have pretty accurate numbers for most things which i'm happy to share, i also believe CF has pretty accurate unit stats.
Sure would. And I dont currently have the experience with ASP. But I will have a lot of time soon and I do enjoy this sort of thing, for the challenge. If i can get plantarion code in a month I'll see what I can learn and do with it.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
LAH were discussing this for about 3 hours in our channel at one point - It is totally doable, but would require a lot of dedication from one individual, or the combined efforts of 5-6 knowledgeable people.

Amanala/Ant/Benny have the sort of know-how to make that work. I could contribute, but frankly I didn't become a programmer for a reason (it ****ing blows), so I shall refrain.

Amanala

Harvester
LAH were discussing this for about 3 hours in our channel at one point - It is totally doable, but would require a lot of dedication from one individual, or the combined efforts of 5-6 knowledgeable people.

Amanala/Ant/Benny have the sort of know-how to make that work. I could contribute, but frankly I didn't become a programmer for a reason (it ****ing blows), so I shall refrain.

I am ~a month into writing a functional clone (for fun/partial credit towards a Software Engineering paper). I have a web-server (with root access), I've created a basic design (I'm not graphics artist), and a working economy (as I intend to run it), and a basic ticker.

I don't intend of charging for this game (I think the ability to purchase in-game advantages is perverse). If anyone has any suggestions, or feels like providing any help -- let me know.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
It is a crying shame that Azzer won't come back to make even the smallest of changes.

I reckon he could spend a day making minor changes that would pump at least another decent round or two into the life of the game.

At the moment things really are grinding to a halt.

He kinda owes it to people like you and ogluk, who voluntarily help him make money, and have done so for quite a time. so that makes him pretty much an asshole..

We should all stop purchasing stuff. That might wake him up a bit, money is the best motivator!

Or hax0r the game ofc so p-unit is free xD
IMO this is a marvelous idea, based on the "Money talks, bullshit walks" axiom. If no single person were to purchase any BC it would cause that round to be a money loser, just maybe he doesn't want this game to just die away and might do something,... anything at all would be refreshing. Also with a small player base how much more competitive it would be if there were no punits???

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
or he will just go ahead and pull the plug and all this raging debate and fruitless argument will come to a screeching halt.

Koeniej

Harvester
or he will just go ahead and pull the plug and all this raging debate and fruitless argument will come to a screeching halt.

Thats what i thought after i posted that haha! He might just think 'mmm bushtarion doesnt bring me money anymore, cya!'

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon

I am ~a month into writing a functional clone (for fun/partial credit towards a Software Engineering paper). I have a web-server (with root access), I've created a basic design (I'm not graphics artist), and a working economy (as I intend to run it), and a basic ticker.

I don't intend of charging for this game (I think the ability to purchase in-game advantages is perverse). If anyone has any suggestions, or feels like providing any help -- let me know.

U DA MAN!! ALL HAIL AMANALA!!
(caps for emphasis)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

CF would be interested in getting involved, I'm quite sure.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It is a crying shame that Azzer won't come back to make even the smallest of changes.

I reckon he could spend a day making minor changes that would pump at least another decent round or two into the life of the game.

He kinda owes it to people like you and ogluk, who voluntarily help him make money, and have done so for quite a time. so that makes him pretty much an asshole..

azzer doesn't owe anyone anything. grow up.

Reactions: Dax

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I missed you.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I've always felt he owed everyone at least a goodbye, and at a push his reasons for leaving. After a long while I was able to get something of the sort myself, but the community has never had anything close.

As for anything more than that I don't think anyone can blame him much for wanting to leave.