allianced play is dead, if not ftw

nopjes

Head Gardener
the playerbase is geting smaller blahblahblahblah
the game is no longer fun blablaba

currently I am rank 150 and hardly playing this round.
however, I have the average score of the rank 3 alliance.
this means that with the currentt level of skill and devotion of the average player, beeing solo has become to effective. This while the social part of the game and the strategical possibilities with other people is the most fun in this game(most people do agree with me on this right?) is what makes this game unlike anything else i have seen.

sorry for the terrible english

timtadams

Landscape Designer
im rank 80-90 and not even trying.

shorter rounds jaja

random alliances ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random alliances would just push more people out of the game. i cbf with alliance play.

The only real solution is to find a different game.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I've been told of a few, although GW2 is the only one I'm genuinely considering.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
It is a crying shame that Azzer won't come back to make even the smallest of changes.

I reckon he could spend a day making minor changes that would pump at least another decent round or two into the life of the game.

At the moment things really are grinding to a halt.

nopjes

Head Gardener
It is a crying shame that Azzer won't come back to make even the smallest of changes.

I reckon he could spend a day making minor changes that would pump at least another decent round or two into the life of the game.

He kinda owes it to people like you and ogluk, who voluntarily help him make money, and have done so for quite a time. so that makes him pretty much an asshole..

timtadams

Landscape Designer
im rank 80-90 and not even trying.

Rank 29 without trying!
/flex

:p

but yeah, game seems a bit dire this round, the end is upon us i fear

pfft, got p-unit, doesnt count :p
but yeah, with that much land and no effort, lol

Ive already gone back to a game I used to play. Not as challenging as bush, and no point playing to win. But no real activity requirement. I just play to war and chat with my alliance in IRC.

Max

Garden Designer
Can someone not genuinely make a clone of bushtarion that is pretty much the same game? Because if they did I am certain we would all happily make the switch and pay good money as we do now for an active admin. I know I would.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Can someone not genuinely make a clone of bushtarion that is pretty much the same game? Because if they did I am certain we would all happily make the switch and pay good money as we do now for an active admin. I know I would.

Apparently bush started basically as a clone of another game called plantarion, or something, for which the code was publicly released. I dont think the code is hosted anywhere on the internet at the moment, but I believe Polo downloaded it and has a copy. Don't ask me how i remember, but I know it was in a thread somewhere.

So yes they can. Provided they have the knowledge, time and desire. And the code probably.

Elderveld

Official Helper
That sucks! :( i wish i could code, i would of done it, i tried to teach myself some coding, but could not bring the time needed after a while :(

Koeniej

Harvester

He kinda owes it to people like you and ogluk, who voluntarily help him make money, and have done so for quite a time. so that makes him pretty much an asshole..

We should all stop purchasing stuff. That might wake him up a bit, money is the best motivator!

Or hax0r the game ofc so p-unit is free xD

Coruba

Head Gardener
I heard a rumour a kiwi was trying to clone it. They can do anything in Dunedin......

I agree with Max - would happily make the switch for a active admin.

Thirdly is there anything else similar to this game that is text and turn/tick based? Any ideas welcomed.

Max

Garden Designer
Planetarion is close, but I find it incredibly slow paced compared to bushtarion. (Takes half a day to attack). Which is both a blessing and a curse really!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So yes they can. Provided they have the knowledge, time and desire. And the code probably.
Yeah, a handful of us have got the old Plantarion code stored, but this got discussed in a previous thread not that long ago, and there were no takers then.

I would look at it. I have not done any coding in ASP though. But I've had my hands in different sorts of languages, so picking up something new is possible. When it comes to it, it's all programming. I doubt my win7 home edition has IIS, but i might just install Win 7 enterprise activated (or whatever i need) on a VM.

But I'm gonna have shedloads of time come a month, so someone can PM me if they can give me a copy (Polo's links dont work). Who knows, I might be able to make something of it and palm it off to someone who can host it. Wouldnt happen too soon though.

Elderveld

Official Helper
I am offering myself as a helpee whit watever u need help whit! tester or idea's or w/e.
The more people working on it the quicker and easy'r it will be!