PS3 or Xbox 360??

Steve_God

Official Helper
as others have said - if you want a Blu-Ray player as part of the box, get PS3.

Otherwise, xBox360 (and get the kinect too, it's damn good!)

xvi

Harvester
PS3 graphics look better, its cheaper in the long run if your going to play online, and it comes with a blue-ray. true story.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Actually in most graphics tests the Xbox360 comes out on top of the PS3 in almost all games...although only slightly.

And yeah its cheaper online but you get what you pay for, XBL is worth every penny if you want to play alot online

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
PC - Because I can utilise the power of either the keyboard/mouse, a 360 controller, or a PS3 controller. Now THAT is power to the user.

Davs

Garden Designer
Actually in most graphics tests the Xbox360 comes out on top of the PS3 in almost all games...although only slightly.

And yeah its cheaper online but you get what you pay for, XBL is worth every penny if you want to play alot online

Indeed. Although the PS3 has more potential in theory (because you can fit more data on a blu ray disc and it has more processing power), as I said in my original post programmers find it easier to code for the XBox, so they can get slightly better graphic effects to work on the XBox than they can on the PS3 atm.

TehPantz

Head Gardener
[16:28] <Lafin> FFS!
[16:28] <Lafin> So I got my xbox back from repair Thursday, and I finally got around to playing it just now
[16:28] <Lafin> It freezes and fries the HDD
[16:28] <Lafin> MOTHER F************ER
[16:29] <Lafin> I am so angry!

Thought I would leave this here :p

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Sending in the xbox for its second set of repairs within the last month. Out another 3 weeks from playing games. What a perfect time to be without a job :/

timtadams

Landscape Designer
the graphics argument is irrelevent. They are practically no different.

Aside, what i wanted to post was that the PSN network has been down for like 5 days now!

Basically, they got hacked, so they took the whole system down. They did a whole heap of checks, and now they are rebuilding the system.

I reckon its gonna be down for like another 4-5 days before its up again. Anyone wanna place bets? :D

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This will fuel the console debate even more.

Atleast-i-dont-pay-15-pence-a-day-for-my-psn-unlike-your-shitty-xbox-live-Error-Playstation-network-.jpg

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Sony has warned users of its PlayStation Network that their personal information, including credit card details, may have been stolen.

Good job

Max

Garden Designer
\o/ that bot post actually made hilarious sense.

Even the robots hate PS3s, now that they have developed sarcasm.

J

janemurray95

PS3 is the real deal. If you want hardcore games and gaming to the extreme.
Xbox 360 is what more arcade mainstream gamer.
PS3 developers make great games too.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I cant help but feel that all these new users with numbers in the name are bots.
But on the offchance that you're 15/16 years old and called janemurray and your first post is in the general section of forums about ps3/xbox ...

PS3 is the real deal.

If you want hardcore games

Halo springs to mind. Most of the best games are on both systems anyway. Also the added content for the biggest games come out on xbox first.

and gaming to the extreme.

I've always thought the opposite. Xbox live > PSN and the consoles are fairly similar. Most people agree with that but say because PSN is free its better as the difference in quality isnt significant.

Xbox 360 is what more arcade mainstream gamer.

Xbox 360 and PS3 are both mainstream. PC is where the hardcore gamers usually lie.

PS3 developers make great games too.

I did want to get that heavy rain and was dissapointed when it was ps3 only. But both make good games.