atk dogs

john

Harvester
Not the best solo route. But mass terrorists is enough to scare off a good amount of attackers if you're not in the top ranks. Dont forget hoolies either, they can be pretty effective vs armor. Also, TL are obviously needed.

Mass dogs are pretty effective LET flak, even if you are being attacked by someone bigger than you the dogs will most likely die first tick but the rest of your LET will fire. However 2nd tick might not be as pretty, and 3rd tick will be a massacre. But hopefully by 3rd tick all your awesome terrorists will have killed all the INN and you wont loose land.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
its a good allied route to have, dogs are quick and cheap and don't die as easy as you think, great for countering most rushes.. plus you get bikers and TL, which are useful. Solo its a bit harder.. As john said, you do well first tick because the dogs die, but your lets fire.. 2nd tick, if its a bigger attack, your probably going to lose.. and last tick- TL don't fire..

Alvestein

Garden Designer
because i doubt our ally will be able to sort out any co operative atks and i was wondering how i play a route where the bulk of my army hits at close XD

oh and i'm not getting PUnit :D

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
hmm.. your probably going to want to mass dogs/bikers and attack poms then.. :p W/o TL, it makes attacking quite a bit more difficult..

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Without TLs you're lacking out on some killing power, and I'd suggest PBs instead. However, if you're hellbent on going dogs, I'd be using hools/terrors as the bulk of my army, and using dogs as a supplement instead of the main unit. You can't afford to spend too much money guarding terrorists, but they're nice for a quick defence, or a nasty bite last tick (if they'll live).

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
yea, the only crappy part for the hooli use is once you get to last-tick.. they stop firing :p

Davs

Garden Designer
You're all doing it wrong. Massing hoolies and nutters is the only solution - especially if you're not getting TLs.

Last round I didn't even bother teching terrors and managed to land attacks on apaches, harriers and a few robos. Get to it.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
my early plan was actually not to attack, but then i realised i might actually want to attack. oh the horror of my young indecisive mind!

anywhoozle, cheers for the advice! i shall now embark on my endless journey for peoples lands!

p.s. i just bought 13mil atk dogs ¬¬

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
because i doubt our ally will be able to sort out any co operative atks and i was wondering how i play a route where the bulk of my army hits at close XD

oh and i'm not getting PUnit :D

We ain't noobs :(

he didn't use the word noob in that post.. :p

Mass flak always works well for landing attacks on solos.. ^_^ you can effectively flak through anything if your persistant enough, the target is offline, and you do your calculations correctly..

but thats not as fun as watching their units do nothing..

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Hooligans are a massively underused unit!

Offensive - PB. Defensive - A.Dogs. Crazy - Thief.
Id say actual solo play with thugs requires Tl or youre going to die to waaaaay too much.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
looking at the stats of hoolies and nutters, am i right in assuming my sensible targets are high armour routes?

Max

Garden Designer
That's right Hiuey, especially as even those units that do fire very rarely target NLT, and even then poorly!