help me with my decisions

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I have and am still enjoying call of duty black ops, and have recently tried dragons age and been addicted to it... but i want something else, something new (kind of new). but i cant decide what. Below are what im looking at title wise.....but havent played any of these options at all. except a demo of starwars which is why im putting it here in the first place was a good demo. but cud get boring potentially? anyway im a cheap skate. and cba buying all of these in one go if at all.. so where do i start? any dsuggestions input opinions or experiences are welcome:

fall out 4

assassins creed 3

fable 3

starwars: the force unleashed 2

issues...

fall out 4
I hear people say they had buggy copies....this would just annoy me i have an old xbox pre 2007, so any buggyness that could happen im likely to experience. how many people have had this issue...or havent had this issue? i see alot of people reviewing it experience this lik 1/3rd of people :S maybe wait till the patch.

assassins creed 3
loved it in 1 and 2. were a bit short. and slightly repetative the first one. whats this one like? worth while? any big step up. or cud i wait till price drops? its got the best reviews out of all the games on amazon no one gave it below 3 stars even those that slagged it off. lol

fable 3.
i liked fable 2. it was kinda quirky fun. and semi adddictive. but ultimately short. and didnt hold any real replay factor for me....how does number 3 compare? i read its worse :S

StarWars : the force unleashed 2
only played a demo which i found fun. and like some of the cool sh*t you could do to the little storm trooper peons. but it could potentially get old. I couldnt tell from the demo. any one able to give thier opinions on how good it is?

any comparisons if you have more than one of these games...and your personal opinions/preferences wud be cool.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Assassins creed 3 is phenomenal. By far the bestin the series and a truly awesome game.

Star wars I found to be boring and repetitive. Rent it if you want to play it.

I haven't played the most recent fallout. But I've heard it's great.

I liked fable 3. But very much the same ad the last fable. Probably not worth buying.

I dunno if you've looked into red dead redemption. But it is a really sweet game also.

tomtree

Head Gardener
fall out 4 doesnt exist, so are you talking about fall out 3 or fall out 3 vegas? fall out 3 was very good and worth getting if you havnt played it. I havnt tried vegas personally though i hear its fairly good; its basically an add on for fall out 3, so get that first.

assasins creed 3 was brilliant! i really liked 1 and 2, but i think 3 is the best so far. it also has multiplayer which i think is great, though unfortunately not many people play it anymore...

fable 3 was ok... i enjoyed it while it lasted, but overall i was very disappointed with it. very short and nothing new added to it really.

i havnt played starwars: the force unleashed 2 and i havnt read any reviews on it so all i will say is that i had the first one and never finished it because i got bored (and its only a short game). was cool at first but just got repetitive.

Personally i would get fall out 3 on the cheap and then assasins creed 3 once youre done with it if i were you. I myself am not going to by a new game until dragon age 2, gears of war 3, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, whichever is out first (which i think is the new dragon age). As far as im concerned those 3 are all must haves!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I, as a Star Wars nerd, liked the Force Unleashed series, but the second one is not really worth buying as it's short as hell

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I have Fall Out NV but I haven't given it much time to impress me yet.

I have, however, completed Fable - And I can tell you without a doubt that it isn't worth buying until you can pick it up for less than $15.

I found the entire experience completely underwhelming. Once again you can get through the entire game by levelling up magic and keeping hold of B, to unleash a massive fire/thunder/wind/etc attack that kills everything within a good 10 meters.

The story was also fairly boring - and the end, where you become King, is an absolute joke.

Another thing that annoyed me was that some parts of the game looked really polished, graphics wise, whilst others looked like something off the PS2. :/

(I saved 0/6,000,000 citizens for anyone wondering. The entire game claims to allow you to choose to be "good" or "bad", yet when you make the "good" choices at the end, everyone dies. Stupid? Yes)

TehPantz

Head Gardener
I would go with Fallout New Vegas. Yeah, I heard it has some bugs, but I also hear they are nothing major.

I would definitely NOT go with Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2. It is terribly short and reuses the same environments throughout.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
New Vegas - Astounding game. It took what made FO3 good, and added more locations, more weapons - And multiple endings, to the point where you can pretty much never get the same ending twice (there are that many pre-determinate options for each ending).
You can complete the game purely for killing everything and having a laugh, or you can play thematically, and there's some perks that just make the game totally anti-srs.

My on-the-side recommendation; STALKER. It's currently on a massive reduction via Steam(all 3 games for about £7?), and it was everything that FO3 managed to get wrong, and made it better. It's not better than New Vegas in all aspects, but both games have their own better areas (ie, no lazy ******* fast-travel system in STALKER, that ruins all free-roam RPG games).

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
(ie, no lazy ******* fast-travel system in STALKER, that ruins all free-roam RPG games).

wtf...fast travel makes RPG games playable. Nobody wants to spend hours walking from one place back to another and then back again with nothing to actually do.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
(ie, no lazy ******* fast-travel system in STALKER, that ruins all free-roam RPG games).

wtf...fast travel makes RPG games playable. Nobody wants to spend hours walking from one place back to another and then back again with nothing to actually do.

I'd have to agree with Toby. Especially for quests like "get 25 mushroom stalks" etc.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

I'd have to agree with Toby. Especially for quests like "get 25 mushroom stalks" etc.

I always thought the whole 'finding new places' thing was something you can only really do when you walk to and from places. It's not like everything becomes any more difficult. Oblivion - Steal/buy a horse, cast a lighten load/increase speed spell, have a high agility/stamina level. Using fast-travel sort of takes away part of the fun of those games - Discovering stuff.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I always thought the whole 'finding new places' thing was something you can only really do when you walk to and from places. It's not like everything becomes any more difficult. Oblivion - Steal/buy a horse, cast a lighten load/increase speed spell, have a high agility/stamina level. Using fast-travel sort of takes away part of the fun of those games - Discovering stuff.

If I want to discover stuff then I can wander around. If I just want to go from A to B because I'm trying to achieve something, then I don't want to spend hours doing it, and that's when fast travel is a nice thing to have.

On-topic I'd go with either Assassin's Creed or Fallout. Those were the two I was looking forward to most before my xbox died, and I've heard bad things about Fable 3, which is a shame because I really enjoyed Fable 2.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

except with Oblivion the option of fast travel is there if you want to use it :p

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

except with Oblivion the option of fast travel is there if you want to use it :p

I ran around in oblivion a lot more than I used the fast-travel option.. I really enjoyed running into critters in the wild.. chasing down deer, and discovering new places.. Its a lot of fun when you have all the oblivion gates, you run around in the wild, and you can find them quite randomly..

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

I ran around in oblivion a lot more than I used the fast-travel option.. I really enjoyed running into critters in the wild.. chasing down deer, and discovering new places.. Its a lot of fun when you have all the oblivion gates, you run around in the wild, and you can find them quite randomly..

sure, but its still good to have it as most quests are talking at A, doing stuff at B, and reporting back to A.

it can be a ***** if that was a 30 minute walk :p
plus, it would be annoying as you your pockets get filled rather fast and you need to sell/store stuff and have to walk back to a city.

tomtree

Head Gardener
also on oblivion you can only fast travel once you have already been to the place once before. so in my opinion they got a good balance between exploring and being able to fast travel.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
also on oblivion you can only fast travel once you have already been to the place once before. so in my opinion they got a good balance between exploring and being able to fast travel.

Yeah, I guess there is that, but all the same - You'll never find all the Oblivion gates by just walking to and from main questline locations!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
cheers for the feed back people. lol search and destroy is too pro for me twigley.

and i have fall out 3 allready hence the desire for new vegas. was just worried because so so many people complaining about glitches, game freezes, corrupt save files. that kinda thing would just tick me off. but i guess by now maybe its been patched enough to not be a porblem.

im thinking assassins creed 3, first. because i like that free running stuff. and if its better than the others its bound to be good. Also i leant my AC 2 to my mate and have been getting an urge to just run around hidden blading people (in game), and those two hander counters were sick. sqewering people on spears and what not. Also If i get fall out 4, it will be a couple of months before i get assassins creed 3, because ill try to do too much, and i like to try every single outcome. and play through different upgrade options (big guns, small guns, melee etc) i think its RPG OCD.

That also gives fall out NV a bit of time so any bugs are worked out....though the ability to actually upgrade guns sounds sweet. Does it still use VATS btw? because i havent seen it in any of the trailers i watched a few months back. also ill keep an eye out for the other mentions. cheers.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
That also gives fall out NV a bit of time so any bugs are worked out....though the ability to actually upgrade guns sounds sweet. Does it still use VATS btw? because i havent seen it in any of the trailers i watched a few months back. also ill keep an eye out for the other mentions. cheers.

VATs is still there, but the weapon upgrades are pretty poor, and to advertise it as a major point of the game is misleading at best.
You'll be disappointed with the Brotherhood's part in the game too, probably.