• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Reinstate Christmas Break (Petition)

Reinstate Christmas Break (Petition)

• Total voters

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
(dRage, who's players weren't even recruited as "ftw", managed to get a 19/20 sleepmode, organised the night before).

All 20 were online! FeR just missed the memo! :p
and yeah, we got more on to mass sleep than we did on to mass attack/defend =/

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Hobbezak, you're being stupidly dismissive. The complaint here is valid and does not deserve your "drama llama" nonsense. This is a bizarre situation which imo has been poorly managed. A choice either for or against a Christmas break should've been announced far earlier, giving people time to choose what to do over Christmas, and making sure everyone is aware of the change. Personally I would've prefered the Christmas break to stay as it was, but never mind.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Such fail.

I should probally 0 some people and see how many complaints you get then.

First thing he does when he decides to post something is piss people off.

Good job.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Hobbezak, you're being stupidly dismissive. The complaint here is valid and does not deserve your "drama llama" nonsense. This is a bizarre situation which imo has been poorly managed. A choice either for or against a Christmas break should've been announced far earlier, giving people time to choose what to do over Christmas, and making sure everyone is aware of the change. Personally I would've prefered the Christmas break to stay as it was, but never mind.

tobapopalos, I'm being awesomely dismissive. The complaint here is making a big deal out of a very small deal, ergo deserves the drama llama stamp of approval.
It isn't a bizarre situation, although I agree it could have been better managed.

The choice COULD have been announced earlier, maybe should. But the point here is that some people on IRC claimed that the fact that some people might lose troops over this, is all down to Azzers poor management, which is why they were making a drama out of it. It isn't. It's down to players false assumption that there would be a break.
When I arrive at a T-crossing in my car, and the car in front of me isn't using his lights to show what direction he'll be going, it's poor management on his behalf. If I assume he's going to go right, and I drive left past him to go left, and he hits me because he was actually going to go left, it's my fault for my false assumption.

If I then make a big drama out of it (e.g. on irc, and this thread kind of tries to deliver as well), I deserve the drama llama seal of approval. Especially because this is a gripes thread, posted in suggestions, for added drama. Either move it to the gripes, or let me post my llama.

Davs

Garden Designer
Can we also have a break for Diwali, Ramadan, Hanukkah and all other major religious festivals as well please?

Whilst the idea of the Christmas break is nice, with it being a national holiday in many countries, but I think it's a bit harsh on those who don't celebrate it to have it forced upon them in the game. Yes, it's bad that it was removed at such short notice, but I have no issue with Azzer choosing not to reintroduce it this time next year.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hobbezak you're being a ****wit again, as usual.

This was a stupid idea of Azzer's and it was handled exceptionally badly. That's it. The fault lies entirely with Azzer in this case I'm afraid. I don't personally care since I'm offline more than not these days but I would be very pissed if lost my troop/rank/chance to win or whatever because of an arbitrary last minute badly thought out admin move.

As I think No-Dachi and Dark Angel have pointed out, this game is so activity intensive, it makes absolutely no ****ing sense to remove days "off" as it were. In he few times I played competitively over Xmas it was awesome to have a few days off. I could genuinely enjoy the holidays and not have to worry over the game. That respite was very welcome indeed and should be reinstated at once.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
the lack of a break doesn't bother me, but the lack of notice is certainly worrying

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos, I'm being awesomely dismissive. The complaint here is making a big deal out of a very small deal, ergo deserves the drama llama stamp of approval.
It isn't a bizarre situation, although I agree it could have been better managed.

The choice COULD have been announced earlier, maybe should. But the point here is that some people on IRC claimed that the fact that some people might lose troops over this, is all down to Azzers poor management, which is why they were making a drama out of it. It isn't. It's down to players false assumption that there would be a break.
When I arrive at a T-crossing in my car, and the car in front of me isn't using his lights to show what direction he'll be going, it's poor management on his behalf. If I assume he's going to go right, and I drive left past him to go left, and he hits me because he was actually going to go left, it's my fault for my false assumption.

If I then make a big drama out of it (e.g. on irc, and this thread kind of tries to deliver as well), I deserve the drama llama seal of approval. Especially because this is a gripes thread, posted in suggestions, for added drama. Either move it to the gripes, or let me post my llama.

Awful post. Using driving as a comparison is moronic. It's more like expecting there to be a break between seasons in football, because there is a break every season in football, and because that's the way we always do it, and then have the FA say "sorry chaps, we're going to skip the summer break this year and just start next season straight away". Of course people are going to expect things to carry on the way they have always gone, unless someone tells them it is going to be otherwise, and the notification came far too late.

The choice DEFINITELY should've been announced earlier and is further ammunition for those who think Azzer doesn't care about the game anymore. Until his RPG game is completed we are still paying his bills and he should treat his (mostly) paying customers with a bit more respect. I know he isn't well at the moment and for that he should be given some slack, but apparently the Christmas break was hard-coded so he didn't actually have to come online at all. He could've just left everything as it was.

You can take your llama and shove it up your arse.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Hobbezak you're being a ****wit again, as usual.
True, but then again, I learned from the best in a certain irc channel ^^

tobapopalos said:
You can take your llama and shove it up your arse.
Stop spreading all this love, you'll make me blush. :D
Blushing_smiley_face.png

Btw, I think you should have just posted that, and nothing more. That's probably the only added value your post made.

This was a stupid idea of Azzer's and it was handled exceptionally badly. That's it. The fault lies entirely with Azzer in this case I'm afraid. I don't personally care since I'm offline more than not these days but I would be very pissed if lost my troop/rank/chance to win or whatever because of an arbitrary last minute badly thought out admin move.
A last minute move would be to announce 2 weeks back that you were having one, then not having one. There is no record of Azzer saying there would be any. Only assumptions. I call that bad judgement, not bad management.

As I think No-Dachi and Dark Angel have pointed out, this game is so activity intensive, it makes absolutely no ****ing sense to remove days "off" as it were. In he few times I played competitively over Xmas it was awesome to have a few days off. I could genuinely enjoy the holidays and not have to worry over the game. That respite was very welcome indeed and should be reinstated at once.
I don't disagree or agree, and this is neither here nor there. As pointed out by other posts, sleepmode is always an option if you want a break. Just like a pw would be an option for people wanting to play over christmas.
Blaming Azzer for possibly lost troops over a break that wasn't announced, even though you have the option of sleepmode available to you, is drama, deserving the llama which I will kindly remove out of my ass when needed.

tobapopalos said:
Awful post. Using driving as a comparison is moronic.
Eurovision argumentcontest. This is Brussels calling. We give toby... 0 points, for failing at giving arguments to his case. As was to be expected.

tobapopalos said:
It's more like expecting there to be a break between seasons in football, because there is a break every season in football, and because that's the way we always do it, and then have the FA say "sorry chaps, we're going to skip the summer break this year and just start next season straight away". Of course people are going to expect things to carry on the way they have always gone, unless someone tells them it is going to be otherwise, and the notification came far too late.
"Using football as a comparison is moronic". Calendars are decided before the season, as is the start of a new season. Seasons don't start "every first Saturday of august, because we've always done it that way". They just don't, or maybe in the UK but definitely not here. Start dates vary season per season, and are agreed before-handed. So, basically, summer breaks exist because they are agreed upon, not because "we've always done it that way". What occurred here, cannot possibly occur in football, because, as I said, calendars are agreed before-handed.
And there we come to my point: Drama would make sense if a before-handed agreed break were suddenly cancelled without any notice. Like an agreed football game being cancelled without notice. But, as we've established, this break wasn't agreed upon, therefore your example does not make sense.

Btw, I already know the level of your (directed at toby, alci often mixes interesting points in his posts) coming reply, it will be beside the point, with probably pathetic attempts at starting a flamewar, which you'll finish off with some kind of petty insult. I just made this post because I have too much time on my hands, not because I expect anything interesting to come out of it.

dramallama.jpg

And yes, I will have a taste of my own medicine. ^^

edit: Did you know I actually spent over 20 minutes on this? :O Sometimes I even amaze myself with the level of awesomeness I can reach by pure boredom.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
a) holy **** I hope this is the usual case and you're not actually being serious Hobbezak. Although I did not completely read your posts (due to the fact that its not worth my time if you're not being serious, which is still my hope), the argument you're attempting to make with the complete joke of an example is possibly the worst comparison i've ever seen. The fact that I'm not going to explain why (because frankly, if people can't see why they're not worth explaining it to) quite probably is proof enough.

Tricked you, there is no B.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Well I didn't mind either way, in fact I didn't know it existed before......however as I see it the only players affected would be the players below the top 2 or three alliance because they don't usually have a good contactability record

Walking_Death

Harvester
Hobb, please just shut the **** up. No one likes you. No one agrees with you, and no one wants your contributions on this thread if they are going to be so retarded. Your contributions are, in short, "Why do people care about this? If you care about this, then you are retarded." Except nonretarded people care about this, and for good reason.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Hobb, please just shut the **** up. No one likes you. No one agrees with you, and no one wants your contributions on this thread if they are going to be so retarded. Your contributions are, in short, "Why do people care about this? If you care about this, then you are retarded." Except nonretarded people care about this, and for good reason.

Sweet, I was afraid Iamsmart killed this thread for me, pointing out the obvious and all that, but your reply renewed the awesomeness I must admit. Denying the drama of this thread by adding drama is without a doubt the most awesome thing I've seen today since I looked in the mirror only 5 minutes ago. :D

Davs

Garden Designer
I don't entirely agree with the logic behind Hobbe's point of view, but I agree that everyone is making this into more of an issue than it actually is. Rounds that aren't over Christmas have no break, no one complains. Why should this round be any different. If anything, as I hinted at in my last post, people should have been complaining in the past that there were no pauses for other major religious and national holidays (for the sake of fairness/political correctness/whatever you want as an argument). It's a break which isn't needed. Yes, it sucks that it was announced far too late, but as people have already said, Azzer's hardly been at the best of health recently. Give him a break.

Razorwolf

Pruner
Just pointing out that we almost spend every round (if you in aftw ally) being contactable 24/7. What difference does it make if you have to be contactable over xmas? People have social lives/bdays/anniversaries and all sorts of things happen in thier lives. But they don't get breaks for those days... So why should there be a break in the first place..