Account locked

ZYTHER

Digger
okay im really really disapointed. my account got locked because of the multi rule. ive ben playing this game for a few rounds now and i keep on inviting more of my friends to join the game i even got my girl to join i dont have 2 accounts i have an account and my girl has an account and we share our home computer. so now i cant play bushtarion because my account is locked and i really love the game im not breaking any rules so please can someone just help me

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
There is a 30 minute rule. You're not allowed to log in to two accounts on the same computer within 30 minutes. Generally breaking this rule many many times results in you being locked. I don't like the rule, but that's what it is.

ZYTHER

Digger
Okay so what am i going to do now since my account has been locked. I never played more than one account surely the admin could see that in my history ???
I really love the game and now i cant even play it thats just a big disapointment

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Well, normally accounts are deleted. You just make an entirely new account AND ID rather than just an ID.

Azzer's normally around during Havoc time which is in 11 hours. I'd camp out on IRC and see if he pops on if you care about keeping your account. I doubt he'll let your account finish the round, but if you explain the situation (and he believes you/has no evidence to the contrary) he may be leniant and let you keep your account so you dont lost your history. If you don't care just wait until your account is deleted and make a new one. You could also try mailing him and Weeble on the forums.

Zaheen

BANNED
It doesn't sound like you cheated.

But you may be able to understand that many players who did what you did (by logging into 2 different accounts on the same computer) can be seen as cheating, there is no way to prove you were not cheating either?

Must follow the rules unfortunately, I've lost my account/history before too, but they don't matter to me.

Abadger

Beginner
so quick question, if you have a family network... what happens if you use one computer, and another family member uses another computer and both log into bush?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
From my understanding as long as its a different computer the 30 minute rule doesn't apply.

Zaheen

BANNED
so quick question, if you have a family network... what happens if you use one computer, and another family member uses another computer and both log into bush?
That's fine I think, just make sure you're not breaking any other rules like mutual attacks against each other etc.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

There are methods of finding out if two IDs that are being played on the same IP have been accessed from the same computer, or different ones. A few years back I used to have some friends over for round start, and then we'd be three or four of us, sitting in the same room with different computers for hours upon hours to gain an edge - and that never caused any problems.

My advice to you is to send Azzer a PM on the forums, asking him to look into your case, and in the future be more restrictive with how you use the computers. I understand that if you have a shared computer it's not always possible to know if someone has just logged in or not, but if in doubt just wait 30 minutes - or use a different computer. :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
He won't make an allowance, because in theory anyone could attempt to blag this excuse.
I've had this conversation with him before on behalf of somebody I knew in real life - You can't let one off for using this reason when people that cheat use the exact same one.
It's about being fair, and if I'm honest, Azzer is rarely unfair to the playerbase.

penguin

Official Helper

I've actually wondered the same thing.. I know like five or six people who come over and usually they have their own computer, and all computers would be logged onto my internet connection, but all on different computers, on bushtarion.
I actually googled about IP addresses, and I found this out:
The IP address is actually each computer that is logged onto the internet, not the internet connection itself (PHEW). Then a bunch of useless information about the classes of IP addresses.

So if Azzer goes on the same IP address with two different accounts within 30 minutes of each other, then multiple computers (or computer-like systems like the PS3 and Wii) on the same connection shouldn't lock your account for 'multying'.

The 30 minute rule is a pain, but in order to stay clear of being admin locked, you have to follow the rule :( Also, following that rule will allow you to keep your cookies and avoiding being cookie locked, which sucks ALMOST as bad as being admin locked. With cookie lock, you just have to wait until your cookies reset, with admin locked, you have a chance of your account being deleted. You lose four cookies EACH time you break the 30 minute rule :/
I'd do what other's have said and shoot Azzer a pm if you didn't catch him in IRC.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Family networks are fine. One family network has a single IP address on the internet (if going through a home router - that router has your "external" IP address which is viewable by websites/etc, but every computer within the network has it's own separate "internal" IP address which isn't accessible from outside), but IPs are not the only way of determining multis.

If you have three people living under the same roof all of whom play Bushtarion then there wouldn't be an issue so long as you don't break any terms of the EULA (troop sharing, mutual attacks, that kind of thing) or log into each others accounts. There are methods to tell if any of those things are going on, however, and automatic flagging for possibly suspicious activities which result in human/manual investigations.

If you have any direct requests regarding locking then yes - either get in touch with Azzer or myself and we'll set you straight :)