Jamesh

Weeder
sent at target eta 5 yet took 6 ticks to get there :?:

therefore allowing defence extra tick to get there

because of this i died :s

utter crap imo

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm afraid that strikes me as very unusual if not almost impossible. Can you copy/paste the section of your news where this happened? Without IDs of course.

The game is pretty good about not having errors like that so I feel like it must be something else to be honest.

Jamesh

Weeder
Tue 30th May, year 3. Afternoon 4 Ticks Ago Recalled Hostiles
You recalled 42,081,370 employees that were sent to attack SOMEONE [XXXX].
Tue 30th May, year 3. Afternoon 4 Ticks Ago Attacking SOMEONE [XXXX]
Battle Report - Attacking SOMEONE [XXXX]
[range] 5,428,247 hostile Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 40,567,426 allied staff.
[range] 2,900,000 hostile Terrorist attacked, killing 656,507 allied staff.
[range] 4,648,669 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 5,011,931 allied staff.
[range] 2,500,000 hostile Assassin attacked, killing 1,129,589 allied staff.
[range] 466,866 hostile Hooligan attacked, disabling 114,092 allied staff.
[range] 3,548,916 hostile Hippy Van attacked, distracting 1,241,016 allied staff.
[range] 911,232 hostile Grenadier attacked, killing 993,950 allied staff.
[range] 185,722 hostile Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 158,836 allied staff.
[range] 500,000 hostile Ninja attacked, killing 460,767 allied staff.
[range] 901,000 hostile Petrol Bomber lobbed Molotov Cocktails and killed 1,335,961 allied staff.
[range] 400,000 hostile Jeep attacked, killing 17,228 allied staff.

Distracted: 41,967,278 [£451,073,586,500] friendlies distracted.
Disabled: 114,092 [£686,180,000] friendlies disabled.
Died: 9,605,933 [£253,631,128,500] friendlies dead.

You gained 49,616 effectiveness.
You will soon be receiving £44,131,494,300 insurance.

Tue 30th May, year 3. Noon 4 Ticks Ago Motion alarms
Motion alarms were beeping along various corridors, but we could not see anybody. Somebody is obviously trying to spy.
Mon 29th May, year 3. Afternoon 10 Ticks Ago Outgoing Hostiles
You sent 51,687,303 employees to attack SOMEONE [XXXX], they are set to arrive in 5 ticks.

notice 10 ticks ago sent eta 5. 4 ticks ago they landed???? my spy report said defence was tick behind my first tick. :s

Jamesh

Weeder
and heres spy report showing def 1 tick behind me

Tue 30th May, year 3. Midnight 8 Ticks Ago Incoming Friendlies
News from your sources is that in 3 ticks, 3,300,000 people from def 1[xxxx] will arrive to defend you.
Tue 30th May, year 3. Midnight 8 Ticks Ago Incoming Friendlies
News from your sources is that in 3 ticks, 17,232,345 people fromdef 2 [xxxx] will arrive to defend you.
Mon 29th May, year 3. Evening 9 Ticks Ago Incoming Friendlies
News from your sources is that in 4 ticks, 7,890,964 people from def 3[xxxx] will arrive to defend you.
Mon 29th May, year 3. Evening 9 Ticks Ago Staff Recalled.
Staff Recalled. def 3 recalling
Mon 29th May, year 3. Evening 9 Ticks Ago Incoming Friendlies
News from your sources is that in 4 ticks, 7,890,964 people from def 3 [xxxxx] will arrive to defend you.
Mon 29th May, year 3. Afternoon 11 Ticks Ago Unknown
We were unable to get any specific data on this news.
Mon 29th May, year 3. Afternoon 11 Ticks Ago Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 41,686,792 people from me [xxxx] will arrive to attack you.

yet showed first tick?????

nightwish

Pruner
there is no bug ... evening is 1 tick after afternoon so the defender was there at the same time as you ... plus your attack took 5 ticks to go started afternoon, used 5 ticks to get to the opponent and the 6th tick the first attack occured ( in the next afternoon)

all is well timed. you just miscalculated the times the defence was sent.

there is no bug here

Jamesh

Weeder
how you work that out?

11ticks ago i sent eta 5 yea?
9 ticks ago def sent eta 4 yea thus i would be eta3 so how can be same tick?

10 ticks i sent eta 5 tokk 6 ticks to land?

not possible

CFalcon

Official Helper
I think that suggests a bug with the addon you are using to count ticks with.

If I read that report without the '9 ticks ago' bit, I wouldn't see anything amiss.

Youngsters relying too much on NBS these days..... :p

Bcoy

Weeder
Youngsters relying too much on NBS these days..... :p

I found this part of your reply too be patronizing even though not aimed at me.

I too am new and learning the game and use one of the advertised scripts off the forums. maybe re-write the games manual explaining more in depth how things work for us so called youngsters..

Or remove these so called scripts all together if they are incorrect. I have to admit reading through the forums i find the everyday players more helpful than the official helpers ;)

Please take this the right way this isn't a personal dig just a observation from a so called youngster

ps
I forgot we could come into IRC for a helpful chat.. I tried this btw , I met a channel with about 30+ people were it took over a hour for one of the op's too answer me and pointing me back too the manual (talk about around in circles) The game i feel is good the hired support however poor.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Or remove these so called scripts all together if they are incorrect.

They're not official scripts, they're made by players and offered to other players. These guys put a lot of time and effort into that, and for example antisback offers his plug-in free of charge to everyone. I find a proper thanks is in order, not a "oh but it's incorrect, so they should be removed". They've only ever been made to help players, not play the game for them. ;)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
eta 5
eta 4
eta 3
eta 2
eta 1
attacking for 3 ticks
[BATTLE]

takes 6 ticks.

Bcoy

Weeder
Jeez !! don't get me wrong without Anti's script i would have stopped playing in my first week hadn't a friend who has played a while pointed me towards it ..

My gripe is that the official help on here says its incorrect in his statement not me :) Is the comment of "youngsters relying too much on NBS these days" not a dig that the scripts are not always correct ?

I appologise if it seemed i was digging at the addons as I wasn't, In fact as I said above Anti's addon is all that kept me playing it made a lot of sense in areas the manual had black holes.. My gripe is that some of the official help tend too be aimed too belittle or just slate off at new players. (Please note i said some) ;)

/salute Anti's mod 8) i have no problems with it what so ever .. very very useful but i hate the fact new players are categorized for using it especially by helpers. I bet many seasoned players still use it ;)

Jamesh

Weeder
check news

10 ticks ago ETA 5
9 ETA 4
8 ETA 3
7 ETA 2
6 ETA 1
5 ATT FOR 3

spy shows att for 3 was 4 ticks ago not 5 like it should.

maybe anti's mod wasnt working correctly that is only logical explanation.

Jamesh

Weeder
And has for youngsters using mod's PFFFTT!!! i find that disrespectable tbh. yes i am only 19 but my dad plays bushtarion and has done for bout 5/6 yrs and he uses it too.

these mods are very good normally and dont need helpers telling them not to use/rely on them.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
He was being sarcastic. Take it easy ;)

OMG another helper telling newer players what to do! That's so disrespectful!

what a great way of helping and enticing new players in the game :s

To parafrase the sig of alcibiades a while back: "If they can't take a joke, f*k them". Obviously CF was making a comment in a lighthearted spirit, and so was I. :)

actually, i agree with cf that new people shouldnt get involved with all these tools from the start. you get a way better learning curve when you just find things out on youre own instead of trusting these tools. donno, whats patronizing or demonizing about giving this advise though :p

Bcoy

Weeder
I just found being catagerized as a youngster just because I'm new too a game or use a addon/tool a little patronizing :)

Was never ment in anyway as a personal jab at any reply off any member and appologise if it looked that way ... 99% of response I've had in the way of help as been positive and useful but I do sense 1 or 2 moderators are or seem a little highly strung especially towards newer players .

Again sorry for any misunderstandings .

Bcoy ( your 35+ year old youngster ) ;)