No Honour?

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
I just attacked a guy 81% of my score, and received no honour. Was thinking this might be a bug :(

This is the first time that I've attacked this ID, and i had sent at ETA 5, combination of lethals/INN/NLT/NLD, so can't see why i gained nothing from it

Attacking AAAAAAAAA
[range] 400,000 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 4,474,292 hostile staff.
[range] 206,507 hostile Terrorist attacked, killing 306,415 allied staff.
[range] 324,689 hostile Hooligan attacked, disabling 98,467 allied staff.
[range] 1,056,757 hostile White Knight attacked, slaying 78,317 allied staff.
[range] 198,525 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 200,630 hostile staff.
[range] 792,454 hostile Petrol Bomber lobbed Molotov Cocktails and killed 1,122,839 allied staff.
[range] 715,436 allied Hypnotist mesmerised 1,991,014 hostile staff.

Distracted: 4,674,922 [£17,652,184,400] enemies distracted.
Disabled: 98,467 [£3,743,018,000] friendlies disabled.
Died: 1,507,571 [£30,742,605,000] friendlies dead.
Bribed: 1,991,014 [£12,470,746,000] enemies bribed.

You gained 36,290 effectiveness.
You gained 0.24 fame.
You will soon be receiving £4,954,811,400 insurance.

Attacking AAAAAAAAA
[middle] 347,343 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 3,745,069 hostile staff.
[middle] 182,749 hostile Terrorist attacked, killing 46,278 allied staff.
[middle] 287,281 hostile Hooligan attacked, disabling 78,830 allied staff.
[middle] 186,211 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 177,831 hostile staff.
[middle] 587,699 hostile Petrol Bomber lobbed Molotov Cocktails and killed 713,368 allied staff.
[middle] 605,397 allied Hypnotist mesmerised 1,148,119 hostile staff.

Distracted: 3,922,900 [£14,704,606,400] enemies distracted.
Disabled: 78,830 [£3,196,738,000] friendlies disabled.
Died: 759,646 [£15,654,130,000] friendlies dead.
Bribed: 1,148,119 [£9,949,519,800] enemies bribed.

You gained 27,761 effectiveness.
You gained 0.30 fame.
You will soon be receiving £2,555,109,800 insurance.

Any ideas??

Davs

Garden Designer
did you send all/most of your troops?

H/F is reduced if you sent a small proportion of your troops.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That's weird. Because even if you got 0 honour, wouldn't it still show up as 0.00 honour gained?

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
H/F has definitely been changed midround. I remember at the start of the round I was losing 30-40 honour if I stole land from someone 40-50% but now I only lose 5 honour max (Unless it's a repeat of course.)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
similar to the topic, i have attacked people>65% of me and gained honour almost everytime.

how come then a guy 66% of me (shot up to 75% of me after first tick) then nets me negative honour this time. no repeat attacking.

It has happened beforew i hit some one 68% of me one time and got negative honour but can hit people 66 and 67% of me and get honour. (these values are before the ticks happen and during the send) its not often it happens like 1 in 15 attacks at most. but its very confusing when it does.

could it be me sending only 1 type of unit? aka just nanobots? that tilts the attack one way or another. As thats the only thing i can think that i have done differently on this attack to most of my others. Its on the verge of being not honourable cos of range and the use of 1 unit type just pegs it that bit below to be dishonourable??? any one able to shed some light?

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
That's weird. Because even if you got 0 honour, wouldn't it still show up as 0.00 honour gained?

If you didn't send enough troops to earn honour, it won't show.

I didn't send a huge portion of my troops, and i sent mostly units that i had wanted to be killed off. But still most of my LET were there, as well as a large quantity of bribed units

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

If you didn't send enough troops to earn honour, it won't show.

I didn't send a huge portion of my troops, and i sent mostly units that i had wanted to be killed off. But still most of my LET were there, as well as a large quantity of bribed units

the fact that you hit at 81% of you and the amount of troops you lost and how many of his fired, i would imagine you had sent enough troops for it to register as a real attack, and your probably around (or probably less than) rank 200 and it is a bug.

Or alternatively you attacked some one who had most of his score tied up in money/bush/plants, and may have even just died hence he was in your range, but didnt have many troops to show for it. enabling you to send only a few troops for bribes and what have you, this value as mentioned could have been not high enough % of your score to register it as an authentic attack. in which case i'd imagine you to be closer to rank 150-100, than 200. based on the actual amount of units seen in the BR

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
Actually, I think I was between rank 270 - 300

He had been attacked 3 times prior to me attacking him, as seen in his news report, but I attacked him just over a 100 ticks after the last attack on him. He had a fair amount of seeds, but not THAT much that it should have made a difference

He had more LET there than the amount i sent, and i sent almost all of mine :(

Ahead

Head Gardener
similar to the topic, i have attacked people>65% of me and gained honour almost everytime.

how come then a guy 66% of me (shot up to 75% of me after first tick) then nets me negative honour this time. no repeat attacking.

It has happened beforew i hit some one 68% of me one time and got negative honour but can hit people 66 and 67% of me and get honour. (these values are before the ticks happen and during the send) its not often it happens like 1 in 15 attacks at most. but its very confusing when it does.

could it be me sending only 1 type of unit? aka just nanobots? that tilts the attack one way or another. As thats the only thing i can think that i have done differently on this attack to most of my others. Its on the verge of being not honourable cos of range and the use of 1 unit type just pegs it that bit below to be dishonourable??? any one able to shed some light?

It's most likely because the ones you hit between 65-69% were in an alliance. I'm presuming this rule from when it was l/f is still in place:

Portal News said:
* When attacking members of an alliance, the calculations use the targets valuation, plus a rough equivalent of 3% of the targets total alliance valuation - effectively 3% of their members - regardless of if they are defending the target or not.

This increase would have been enough to make your target honourable if they were around 65%. As to the 68% one becoming 75% after you've sent: it's the target's % of you when you send which is taken into account so I'm guessing this one was solo and was therefore an unhonourable attack when you sent. Sending a single unit type won't cause an attack to change from being honourable to dishonourable, it will only scale your honour gains down.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

It's most likely because the ones you hit between 65-69% were in an alliance. I'm presuming this rule from when it was l/f is still in place:

Portal News said:
* When attacking members of an alliance, the calculations use the targets valuation, plus a rough equivalent of 3% of the targets total alliance valuation - effectively 3% of their members - regardless of if they are defending the target or not.

This increase would have been enough to make your target honourable if they were around 65%. As to the 68% one becoming 75% after you've sent: it's the target's % of you when you send which is taken into account so I'm guessing this one was solo and was therefore an unhonourable attack when you sent. Sending a single unit type won't cause an attack to change from being honourable to dishonourable, it will only scale your honour gains down.

Nice theory, only flaw is I've only ever hit 2 targets that were allied this whole round, and never stayed iirc. all those other targets i hit at 65-70 that were honourable, were solo. Or i can garentee most of them were from seeing SAS/Government forces in thier spies.

so nope. i can attack at 66% honourably
You gained 112,026 effectiveness.
You gained 11.34 fame.
You gained 30.09 honour.
You earned £441,403,945 bounty

and yet another person (66% of me) he was only 75% of me after first tick when some of my nanos died

You gained 161,338 effectiveness.
You gained 54.59 fame.

You lost 49.07 honour.
You earned £5,015,392,261 bounty.
You will soon be receiving £3,319,360,800 insurance.

its dishonourable. Once again Does any one have any experience with attacking with just one unit type (aka i sent pure nanos for funsies against ninjas) at a range that is usually honourable. >65% and it was dishonourable.

Davs

Garden Designer
you sure it wasn't a repeat attack?

I can quite safely say that I can't remember who I have and haven't attacked, so it's possible you just forgot you'd already hit them.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
you sure it wasn't a repeat attack?

I can quite safely say that I can't remember who I have and haven't attacked, so it's possible you just forgot you'd already hit them.

always check its over 144 ticks ago and rechecking my news shows...

I attacked the guy 134 ticks ago. And he doesnt appear on my news other than that so its well over 400ticks if not more if i had attacked him before. so wont count as a repeat attack

EDIT
and it came up negative so must have counted as an attack, and just checking I sent £1,050,000,000,000 of £1,777,260,270,000 worth of troops.. not that it should matter how much you send as that counts as to how much honour you gain or lose, not whether it is or isn't honourable.

Phobis

Weeder
To be able to send PMs your post count must be 5 or greater.

You currently have 2 posts and you can send PMs to following users only:

===

Ignore this post. I need to post nothingness to allow me to message possible friend.