• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Poor bunker route

CLem

Head Gardener
The bunker route need some buffing or adjustments to accomodate to the new changes on bounty and white knights. At the moment the change just made it a horrible route to go in my opinion (before any of you guys shout "just because you are playing it and struggling!!11!", I am not playing bunker!).

As we know most if not all bunker player always attack at 40%, that means constantly losing honour due to the change and earn themselve a horrible red title. And since the change they are more likely to need to attack at the lower % because 80% of the people except for the top couple of alliances will have the uber flk killing white knights.

They also can't attack to gain honour and barely anyone attack them that often.

So I think they should have flk that are immune/highly resistant to white knights and that they should gain more honour in defense and lose less honour in flak attacks. Otherwise this will just become a useless route I think.

Reasonable?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Next round white knights will be changed to make them less uber, so that part of the problem should sort itself out.

And I believe that not being able to attack at 70% is just one downside to the bunker route which you have to accept. They are immensely tough in other ways which I think makes up for it.

Since they usually only flak people anyway they'll only lose honour on the landing tick, and I believe the actual amount of honour you lose for landing is far less than when you kill. Example: you might lose 40 honour a tick for killing someone 40% of you, but you might only lose 10 honour for flakking him.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Bunkers can easily tractor someone with WK as I don't imagine WK get too huge a ratio on tractors. Just an idea.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Bunkers can easily tractor someone with WK as I don't imagine WK get too huge a ratio on tractors. Just an idea.

tractors armour was reduced so they arent so good at flakking now, im not too sure how effective theyd be

I agree with what toby pointed out, white knights will not be so uber next round, and as the bunkers are flakking they wont really lose that much honour.

As far as im concerned, i dont even think you should lose honour for stealing land at any % (unless its a repeat attack) That would fix part of the problem, and i cant really think if negatives (more people flakking at lower ranks? Is that really a problem?)

CLem

Head Gardener
Next round white knights will be changed to make them less uber, so that part of the problem should sort itself out.

And I believe that not being able to attack at 70% is just one downside to the bunker route which you have to accept. They are immensely tough in other ways which I think makes up for it.

Since they usually only flak people anyway they'll only lose honour on the landing tick, and I believe the actual amount of honour you lose for landing is far less than when you kill. Example: you might lose 40 honour a tick for killing someone 40% of you, but you might only lose 10 honour for flakking him.

But when a bunker player find a target that they can flk they will keep hitting them and as we noted during flk war you can easily lose 40 honour on one of those attacks. Every other route has the chance to play honourably and have the bonus units, but bunkers can't realistically. They have gained nothing from the change but lose out as it is more expensive to flk (only way of attack) and become a more favorable target (due to bounty). Thats why I think they deserve something.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I hate the Bunker route anyway - So I don't care about how crap it's been made. I love busting through them with CG.

Turnip2k

Harvester
H/F has also caused bribers to have a hard time, since they can't really attack at 70% unless there is a really lucky target.

CLem

Head Gardener
and barely anyone attack them that often.

thus making red titles less of a problem for them...

just a thought

if red title is not much of a problem for bunkers we should see a fair amount of bunker solos with red titles in the top 100. But no, 90% of the guys with red titles don't even make it up the ranks and let alone survive there as the armour killers can have a field day there.

The only solo route that I can see surviving a red title is POMs since there are numerous numbers of cheap bounty hunters that keeps sending mobs to kill mainly flk.

As Turnip said, some routes HAVE to be played in a certain way that requires hitting small targets, and I don't think it is at all fair to put a one size fit all scheme to them without some tweaking. Less of a problem doesn't mean there is no problem, you need to balance things out otherwise some routes will just become obsolete.

Walking_Death

Harvester
personally, I never saw any reason for that route. RPGs + snipers will simply decimate them. Very weak route.. I'd like it if the troops were more defensive, but mobile so that they could be useful outside of solo play.

Darryl

Head Gardener
personally, I never saw any reason for that route. RPGs + snipers will simply decimate them. Very weak route.. I'd like it if the troops were more defensive, but mobile so that they could be useful outside of solo play.

In a world with bounty and H/F, the route does need adjustments, as has been pointed out in this thread.

However, one subroute out of seventeen being a good counter-route doesn't make the route weak. I never see a reason for RPGs, SAs and TLs will simply decimate them! And what about those robots, huh?

The only difference between Bunkers is that the counter route is effective even if the target is online, as they give up their ability to evacuate, but, arguably, that's made up for by having the quickest firing AD/HD combo in the game. And with a decent amount of flak, whilst RPGs will still have a damn good chance, Sentry Turrets (and I wouldn't take this route without them), will make attacking a bunker player far from worthwhile, there will be much better targets.

It's a good route, regardless of RPGs, it's just H/F that's a problem for this route and a handful of others, thouh I can't think of a way to sort it without destroying the route concepts, or making the system rather ad-hoc and giving certain routes different H/F calculations, which would be far from ideal.

Jonny

Weeder
I've noted the problem as well. And thank god that I never intended to play the route anyways. One odd solution would be to add a special tech, maybe something like "Public Relations" Researched after Bunkers,but before cloners. This tech would adjust the range of targets to say 40% (no idea what the best range would be, just a thought) Below this range attacks would be unlawful and possibly VERY unlawful, above this range attacks would be just as lawful. The precise number would have to be tweaked and would only funktion in solo attacks, but could be a fix for a number of routes, each with a diferent "public relations" value.