• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Future Game Enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
It appears to be a totally stupid statement, that alot of people agree with - Except the people doing it. It's only stupid, if you lot disagree with it. The only reason you see it as 'mildly inconvenient' is because you can no longer do it without punishment. But it is also strangely ironic that a day or two after the change kicks in, along comes AR Mod, and mysteriously, alot of their members were the most prolific of those triggering one another.
Your best bet was to just not comment on this one, Cheese.
So where is your relevant post to the topic? Because my post was definately on-topic.

Haha!! It was more like a week after the change that AR mod was formed, and I think you'll find that it was formed due to the Omgpop split rather than due to any AR changes. Maybe you should stop commenting without thinking about what you're posting Dax. Also, Cheese has every right to post in a thread when you make ridiculous statements.
Read my earlier post again. I'm pretty sure AR mod was formed because after a group of (some uncontactable) people left Omgpop to form Res, they had to recruit half an alliance worth of external players, who were of a lower rank, and - from what I can see - lower skill and activity level. As soon as this happened, it made sense to make an alliance to exploit how weak the then current rank 1 alliance was, and from it AR Mod obviously gained an incredibly easy round win.

The AR change has had very little effect this round, and I very much doubt it will have a huge impact on any future rounds either. The biggest problem this round has been a lack of any vaguely decent alliances and leaders to play ftw, not triggering on solos or anything of that sort.

But note, that it wasn't a prod at anyone in particular. I was pointing out facts - A few days after the change, an alliance of ex-solos appear, you both react in a negative way to my stating of the clearly obvious? You've both just implicated yourselves, in a form.
I don't name and shame, I think that's negative to the community, but if a Bush-wide referendum was held on account of who thinks your solo group was behaving in a manner that was against the EULA, then you'd find alot of people in agreement with me. It's the truth, like it or not.
I don't dislike anybody in this game, but I do dislike a few player's penchant to take any and every opportunity to flame another player.
No topic relevant post for you either Ahead? Didn't think so.

This refers to the topic in what way?
Don't tell us to do something when you don't do it yourself.
And we never broke the EULA.
If anyone was stupid enough to be asked to be triggered on they wouldn't get triggered on.
Ask Azzer to check each time we triggered on one of those in the solo group it was from spying the hell outta lots of ids. Don't speak about something you have no idea on.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I believe he was referring to the clause that was added for Power Blocking Cheese - And I agree with him. "f a Bush-wide referendum was held on account of who thinks your solo group was behaving in a manner that was against the EULA, then you'd find alot of people in agreement with me. It's the truth, like it or not." On that part.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
I believe he was referring to the clause that was added for Power Blocking Cheese - And I agree with him. "f a Bush-wide referendum was held on account of who thinks your solo group was behaving in a manner that was against the EULA, then you'd find alot of people in agreement with me. It's the truth, like it or not." On that part.

Oh you are entitled to your opinion but likewise I have the right to defend myself and always will.
What does powerblocking have to do with the solo group? :S

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
EULA
5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can continue being played and enjoyed by all.

You were (in my, and many people's opinion) playing in a way that detrimented the game, the playerbase, and the business itself. You were stopping the game from being enjoyable to many, by using underhand tactics that aren't quite explicitly illegal, but highly frowned upon by many. Not very many people would have shed a tear or argued on your behalf if the few people who were triggering on the many were locked. You can argue that you were helping your friends and doing nothing illegal, you can argue that you were using 'war tactics' to fight and annoy omgpop, but the plain and simple truth was you were infringing on what some people might call basic principles and morals, and trampling on a rule that's difficult to manage. Some people would even say you were abusing a loophole (albeit well-known loophole) in the game.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
EULA
5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can continue being played and enjoyed by all.

You were (in my, and many people's opinion) playing in a way that detrimented the game, the playerbase, and the business itself. You were stopping the game from being enjoyable to many, by using underhand tactics that aren't quite explicitly illegal, but highly frowned upon by many. Not very many people would have shed a tear or argued on your behalf if the few people who were triggering on the many were locked. You can argue that you were helping your friends and doing nothing illegal, you can argue that you were using 'war tactics' to fight and annoy omgpop, but the plain and simple truth was you were infringing on what some people might call basic principles and morals, and trampling on a rule that's difficult to manage. Some people would even say you were abusing a loophole (albeit well-known loophole) in the game.

I'd say it is a tad extreme to say that we were in any way detrimenting the game. It did make me chuckle a bit to read this.
Could you not say that putting your contact number on overview is not preventing some people from enjoying the game how they want to play it? The rule was implimented due to powerblocking and I haven't seen used for anything else, and if we were indeed breaking that rule do you not think Azzer would have taken action? And no changing game mechanics is not taking action on a rule break.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
EULA

I'd say it is a tad extreme to say that we were in any way detrimenting the game. It did make me chuckle a bit to read this.
Could you not say that putting your contact number on overview is not preventing some people from enjoying the game how they want to play it? The rule was implimented due to powerblocking and I haven't seen used for anything else, and if we were indeed breaking that rule do you not think Azzer would have taken action? And no changing game mechanics is not taking action on a rule break.

Giving out your numbers is something you may do.. being triggered on is something you have no influence over..

5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all.

iirc Azzer did step in.. and did take actions about the issue? correct me if i'm wrong..

The solos were kicking arse without triggering, we held a hell of alot of the top 50 ranks, I was the highest solo for weeks (excluding when zhouj left his ally) I'll be honest it was too damn easy... the top alliance at the time had no idea how to kill or even land on a solo it was a complete laugh.

90% of the attacks I send on the targets I had..
All got triggered on. Main reason I barely got any land from you guys.
Same goes for any other person that was in OMGPOP.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
EULA

Well it appears over my long sleep on my day off, people have begun understanding my point and agreeing, rather than just idly waffling at me. Again, note the only ones to disagree with me are those that were in your little band of chums in the first place.
Cheese, I don't understand all this polava about you not doing it when you're asked to do it - You were doing it, with total knowledge of the consequences; Nobody could get land out of any of you, and any person that knows how to play solo, knows that the key to getting a high rank is by land massing, and when you hit a certain % AR, you let somebody kill you - You mass more land, and eventually, the AR mod can cover the time it takes to fully rebuild the staff you lost, plus a little more every time.
I did it in R33, and I'd like to believe I did it very well with two RL friends in a trio. You did detriment the playing of the game, as you disallowed anybody to take land from anyone in your group, and sometimes if you kill somebody, land can often be the tip of the balance that makes attacking them worth it in the first place. And you took that reward away.
In my original post; I was on-topic, and relevant, and put your solo group in as an example, without mentioning any specific names at all. Again, flame away on the basis of me making a totally fair claim from what I have seen personally.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
.....just me that doesnt like the idea of added defensive armour and see it as unfeasible??

well least it's been spammed to s**t in either case, what more could i wish for than the whole suggestion being totally derailed :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
.....just me that doesnt like the idea of added defensive armour and see it as unfeasible??

well least it's been spammed to s**t in either case, what more could i wish for than the whole suggestion being totally derailed :p

I did comment Willy - I said, it was unfeasible, go back and look. :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
BigBoss i'm sorry but in my opinion you are wrong and making excuses for your lack of skill.

Many times i spied you and piggied you with geo and i know others did the same.
I didn't see you being triggered on barely any of the times.
I have no idea where you are getting 90% from.

The majority of the attacks you did on me and alot of the other Spec Ops players failed due to your own skill, not people triggering.

Also i cannot believe people are saying in some way that the amount of solos at the top had some detriment on the game that was against the EULA. That makes me lol.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
EULA

Giving out your numbers is something you may do.. being triggered on is something you have no influence over..

5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all.

iirc Azzer did step in.. and did take actions about the issue? correct me if i'm wrong..

The solos were kicking arse without triggering, we held a hell of alot of the top 50 ranks, I was the highest solo for weeks (excluding when zhouj left his ally) I'll be honest it was too damn easy... the top alliance at the time had no idea how to kill or even land on a solo it was a complete laugh.

90% of the attacks I send on the targets I had..
All got triggered on. Main reason I barely got any land from you guys.
Same goes for any other person that was in OMGPOP.

1) giving out numbers ruins the fun for alot of people on this game so if you want to get technical about the rules then this also can be applied for giving out numbers.
2) Azzer didn't step in, Azzer changed the game mechanics to try deter a loophole in the game.
3) You are PoM, the way the attacks were triggered: spy top 20 / few solos... see incoming... send for the 2nd tick that way on the first tick the attacker kills a large proportion of the targets staff then AR is calculated the 2nd tick with the new score + AR mod. Again you are POM YOU HAVE NO LETHALS this cannot be used on you in no way. And if you are trying to claim people triggered on your first tick you are utterly moronic because I know 100% that this has not happened and instead you have a poor grasp of the game and lack the skill in attacking solos which is why we created AR mod to do with players like you, being so crap at attacking solos that playing solo was just too damn easy.
4) You want to call us cheats... can I remind you who got threatened to be locked for blatent mutual attacking, when one of your members sent to defend hq then left the alliance so you guys could farm him/her for free. Azzer recalled all your attacks and locked the guy wanting to restart. This is 100% cheating.
5) Don't be so retarded as to post something off topic and then ask for the thread to be locked because it is off topic... that is moronic and makes you look like you have the IQ of a pebble... You just have nothing truthful or intelligent to say and want to make yourself look cool by having the last word.

Seriously bigboss, you have played this game so many rounds and still round after round you suck more and more, the more you play something the better you are supposed to get. You however seem to do the opposite.

Hobo

Harvester
If you look at the solos who were actually doing well, it is mostly the same names as win the rounds, lead the allies, put the effort in. With a few welcome noobs i might add.
Allies have 20 members, and HQ troops for defense, Solos have 2 mates, the govt and luck. If an ally player seriously cba to find out solos sleep time or down time then i think thats the ally problem!

You want it to be easy you should stay low and hit bots. If you want the win you have to work for it.
Personally wasnt a huge fan of the triggering but its isnt against the rules, and though i would have liked to see a solo top 20 ( maybe i still will ??) this round lasting longer than most!

for the record i am not in any ally.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
So pretty much you contradicted your first statement with your second statement

Well done with that post, I applaud your astuteness.

Hobo

Harvester
i think all i can manage is wow. The warmth that infrequent posters are met with here never ceases to amaze me!
feels like a private party that i just crashed!

TaO

Tree Surgeon
1) giving out numbers ruins the fun for alot of people on this game so if you want to get technical about the rules then this also can be applied for giving out numbers.

How does someone ruin the game by giving out his number?
He’s contactable, so harder to kill..? so if you’re playing for a win, you are not allowed to put effort in a round? People who play for fun cba to put on numbers and 90% of them don’t care about winning a round…

2) Azzer didn't step in, Azzer changed the game mechanics to try deter a loophole in the game.

Changing game mechanics mid round doesn’t count as stepping in to stop the way of a certain group of people playing the game?.

3) You are PoM, the way the attacks were triggered: spy top 20 / few solos... see incoming... send for the 2nd tick that way on the first tick the attacker kills a large proportion of the targets staff then AR is calculated the 2nd tick with the new score + AR mod. Again you are POM YOU HAVE NO LETHALS this cannot be used on you in no way. And if you are trying to claim people triggered on your first tick you are utterly moronic because I know 100% that this has not happened and instead you have a poor grasp of the game and lack the skill in attacking solos which is why we created AR mod to do with players like you, being so crap at attacking solos that playing solo was just too damn easy.

If I still had the “Solo trigger thread” on the politics I would have copy pasted you all the times I got triggered on by a solo… shame Blockatiel deleted all politics before disbanding the alliance.

4) You want to call us cheats... can I remind you who got threatened to be locked for blatent mutual attacking, when one of your members sent to defend hq then left the alliance so you guys could farm him/her for free. Azzer recalled all your attacks and locked the guy wanting to restart. This is 100% cheating.

When did I call you cheats? I never called any of you cheats.. all I said is you “broke” the eula by spoiling the game for others.
Then when the member left.
There was less then 3 people aware of the leaving of this member.
There was less then 5 people online at the moment of this member leaving the alliance.
The member that left got kickbanned from the IRC channel by the leader because he was not aware of a restart of this certain member.
I can get you the IRC logs when I’m logged on at home. Never ever did this member told any of OMGPOP on politics nor on IRC that he was leaving the alliance and send his troops to the HQ.
5) Don't be so retarded as to post something off topic and then ask for the thread to be locked because it is off topic... that is moronic and makes you look like you have the IQ of a pebble... You just have nothing truthful or intelligent to say and want to make yourself look cool by having the last word.

How is anything I posted offtopic?
1, Reaction on your post
2, Show the eula which was related to the post you made.
3, Tell you how I think this solo group ignored the eula.
4, Tell you my experiences from this solo group triggering.

Where is this offtopic?

Seriously bigboss, you have played this game so many rounds and still round after round you suck more and more, the more you play something the better you are supposed to get. You however seem to do the opposite.

Indeed i have been playing this game a long long time..
But I have only started to care / play seriously since 5 rounds ago..
Did you see me get worse in those 5 rounds? If so tell me..
R 30; TDL top 5 alliance
R 31; Fun round TIR
R 32; Rank 1 solo *pure solo*
R 33; Rank 1 alliance, top 3 personal rank
R 34; Rank 1 alliance, top 3 personal rank
This round, rank 1 alliance with a top 3 personal rank until the alliance disbanded.

Wait let me guess, your next post is something like this;

Posted by Cheese;
Yeah sure your posts are still irrelevant because I say so.
You are still a newb, and none of the things you have said are tue.
Please stop posting you are wasting webspace for the world..

Silence

Head Gardener
You were so busy to try and slap cheese I think you missed the key point to the post, which was an interesting one.

Someone posted this: "5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can continue being played and enjoyed by all."

Okay, would you not agree that it is rather broad? That the true meaning of the phrase is somewhat ambiguous and when one reads it closely, it has a strong sense of an arbitrary enforcement.

Now leaving that aside for just a moment I now want to quote this: "1) giving out numbers ruins the fun for a lot of people on this game so if you want to get technical about the rules then this also can be applied for giving out numbers."

Now when this is considered with the rule that you stated, it fits. People who use contact numbers are a detriment to the game as it requires a high level of dedication and thereby putting off a significant amount of people from bothering (excuse my speculation but that was not an unreasonable assumption)

Okay so how is this relevant? The point which is made is that, that quote you posted is a set of rules which has been designed where the admins can enforce AT THIER OWN DISCRETION. I would like to put emphasis on this as this is key to the argument.

I propose that the rules in these circumstances are deliberately written in a manner which the admin can go along and stop anything "underhanded"

Therefoooooooooooore if the triggering that happened was a true detriment I’m sure that something would be done further than what happened. But I guess it was nothing more than a malicious attempt at different kind of warfare.

So in summary: if what was done was very naughty something more personal would have happened =P

This was for arguments sake as I don’t think Cheese's side conveyed clear enough =P (may not represent my views! :O )

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Silence you have to do a lower case o

Like this:

:eek:

or the :O emoticon doesn't work :(

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Did you see me get worse in those 5 rounds? If so tell me..
R 30; TDL top 5 alliance
R 31; Fun round TIR
R 32; Rank 1 solo *pure solo*
R 33; Rank 1 alliance, top 3 personal rank
R 34; Rank 1 alliance, top 3 personal rank
This round, rank 1 alliance with a top 3 personal rank until the alliance disbanded.
R30 top 5 alliance - wow that's hard to do. 1 above Discworld Kudos! What's that your 25th round?
R31 Fun round will let you off
R32 I can only assume you were bunkers again not hard
R33 Decent ally you did nothing
R34 Decent ally you did nothing
Both times you were useless constantly asking for peoples help

This round I was rank 1 for the 3rd tick... now according to you any rank acheived counts towards how good you are so you may have got top 3 I got rank 1. Therefore Me > You.

Btw nice to know you believe you should stop posting BigN00b

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
in the sense that azzer altered the game it could be construed as stepping in, in the sense that azzer did do something as apose to nothing.

but the statement
"to ensure the game can continue being played and enjoyed by all" if it was so detrimental to the game he would have banned/kicked, taken more radical action against repeat intentional, solo/nap triggering of antirape. like that of mutual attackign and multis. just like silence has stated

but he didnt, what he did do is make it so that to keep on doing this ar triggering, could lose you all your AR and chance for government defence(as well as gaining high bounty|low h/f), he incorperated into the game a feature and deterent, no different to h/f has been used to deter people attacking/bashing people much smaller than them. You can still do it if you chose to. you can still chose to play in that way. but then you get penalized for doing so. its still a viable choice to play in that way if you feel the benefits outwway the punishment.

Therefore imo, you cannot justify that intentional AR triggering was deemed by azzer as breaking the EULA. Else you could claim attacking at 30% is breaking the EULA. He deemed it a viable play stratergy, but introduced consequences to this play style that could deter repeat use. or penalize it. thus directing more people to play in a more wholesome way.

please, can we see first of all by azzer actions see he didnt like it or freely allow it, but also its not the end of the world just like being a spie in an alliance is allowed (hell that isnt even penalized), so in short GET OVER IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.