SAS not recalling?

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I recently sent on an attack at someone who got hurt pretty bad a tick before me, I 1/2 expected to trigger. Which i did, but i sent no lets. So when i saw SAS showed up i was confused, then i realized that the person that killed him was atf 1 while i was atf 3. but he had recalled after the tick.

So i thought to myself. Well might as well stay the worst that can happen is Riots will stop me easy, but since his lets recalled the SAS will recall and hopefully the Riots will too!

It ticks, and the next thing i know all of my flak and theifs are dead. SAS stayed. I thought that it recalced at the end of every tick? and if thats the case why would they not have recalled even if there weren't any lets there to trigger them anymore?

Either things have changed
OR I DEMAND A REFUND! :p

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
I also feel that there might be a bug concerning SAS. I have a friend that started playing bustarion for the first time last week. I've been helping him learn some strategies and overall gameplay. I've played for about 5 years and know pretty much how SAS work.
The problem or glitch rather, i found, was when he was attacked by a player twice his size, and he was already out on an attack. He had a high AR, so i figured Gov defense would trigger. And it did, BUT on ETA 1...WTF!! That's what I thought...
And on af3 the gov def recalled and my friends own troops returned on aft and he was slaughterd by the attackers lethals.
Can Azzer plz shed some light on this phenomenon...
And i also have the same perspective as the above post. SAS should have recalled imo

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I recently sent on an attack at someone who got hurt pretty bad a tick before me, I 1/2 expected to trigger. Which i did, but i sent no lets. So when i saw SAS showed up i was confused, then i realized that the person that killed him was atf 1 while i was atf 3. but he had recalled after the tick.

So i thought to myself. Well might as well stay the worst that can happen is Riots will stop me easy, but since his lets recalled the SAS will recall and hopefully the Riots will too!

It ticks, and the next thing i know all of my flak and theifs are dead. SAS stayed. I thought that it recalced at the end of every tick? and if thats the case why would they not have recalled even if there weren't any lets there to trigger them anymore?

I think the above situation is explained as followed;
X kills Z in 2 ticks, which raises Z's AR alot. Y pigs in 2 ticks behind, with enough troops to trigger AR. X recalls due to the SAS, Y stays. As there was 1 combined MOB for both SAS and police, the goverment wont recall the mob as the remaing attacking force is still high enough score to trigger AR.

SAS cant recall because SAS and Police was in the same MOB.

If X and Y would have both recalled, SAS would have recalled aswell.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I also feel that there might be a bug concerning SAS.

not a bug, its just the way it is.

I think its good that tards who trigger on your attack get slaughtered for it :)

I agree totally, but how do we explain the AR triggering on ETA 1 and recalling at af3?

Must be someone before you then.
if not, then you refreshed during the tick, phase 5 of 9.
during that phase, mobs ticks, during this phase SAS also shows up

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I also feel that there might be a bug concerning SAS.

not a bug, its just the way it is.

I think its good that tards who trigger on your attack get slaughtered for it :)

I agree totally, but how do we explain the AR triggering on ETA 1 and recalling at af3?

ah ow thought you were just agreeing with davis :)
like tao said: that aint possible.
must be something you missed in the spy you did

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
I agree that it isnt suppose to be possible.
I checked and rechecked...SAS arrived on the afternoon tick then very next report says gov recalled, which was on the evening tick. Same tick just after gov recall, first battle report

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Its impossible the way you say it.
You must either have missed a tick, or had someone in front of you.

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
I know what it sounds like, but i honestly am as puzzled by it as you are by my noobish nature of seeing it as a glitch

If it is possible, I would like for Azzer to have a look at the battle report, since it has already vanished from my friends news...been about a week since the incident....i will send him a PM if he is going to be able to retrieve it

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Its impossible the way you say it.
You must either have missed a tick, or had someone in front of you.

:winner:

Unless Azzer manually sent/recalled the AR mob, I don't think that's possible. There has to be something else involved, some other factor we aren't hearing about.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I know what it sounds like, but i honestly am as puzzled by it as you are by my noobish nature of seeing it as a glitch

If it is possible, I would like for Azzer to have a look at the battle report, since it has already vanished from my friends news...been about a week since the incident....i will send him a PM if he is going to be able to retrieve it

Source; Manual
Every tick, the anti-rape code checks a "Solo" player's incomings that are at "ETA 1", "Attacking for 3" and "Attacking for 2" (Although since it calculates it "on the tick", it effectively does it when the mobs have turned into "Attacking for 3" "Attacking for 2" or "Attacking for 1" to the player's eye).

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
can you not trigger levels of gov with just inn, with these levels of troops versus the targets ar(1.45 lvl1, 2.5 lvl2, 5.5 lvl3, 13 lvl4). So if 1st guy makes 90% ar mod, with lots of inn still there you could easy still get it to level 3 gov trigger.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i don't think SAS can be present if there are no LET. At least, that's how i understand it. Since at 'rape level 3' according to the manual, you can be downgraded from SAS to Riots if you don't have LET there but you're at the appropriate level to trigger such a reaction.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
But I believe you can trigger biomechs without LETs.

Quote from manual:

There are one or two exceptions to the above. At rape Levels 1 & 2 - if any of the attacking units are "Lethal", then the rape level is automatically upgraded to rape level 3. Likewise at rape level 3, if there are no hostile lethal units, then the rape level is automatically downgraded to rape level 2. With regards to how many anti-rape units are sent - the amount is calculated using the difference between the total hostile incoming valuation and the victims own overall valuation - the difference being used to calculate how many anti-rape units to send - essentially "making-up" for the victims units to give the victim more of a chance against the attackers. Note that at rape level 3, the units sent can be a combination of SAS and Riot Police, depending on how many lethal/non-lethal units the attacker is sending.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I think the above situation is explained as followed;
X kills Z in 2 ticks, which raises Z's AR alot. Y pigs in 2 ticks behind, with enough troops to trigger AR. X recalls due to the SAS, Y stays. As there was 1 combined MOB for both SAS and police, the goverment wont recall the mob as the remaing attacking force is still high enough score to trigger AR.

SAS cant recall because SAS and Police was in the same MOB.

If X and Y would have both recalled, SAS would have recalled aswell.

To skip to point, head straight for the bold
-------------------------------------------------------
yay! i sent an attack, and then started smashing a report due friday, then checked back in to discover i had suicided on SAS, lost almost my entire army, am less than half my score, and dropped 200 ranks :D

Now im not really happy about this, especially since i am a POM and have no LETs!

What happened; i spied a Puppet and noticed he had too many sleepies for my current level of gardies to get through. So i thought, im busy, so what the heck, I'll go for the H/F. So i sent all my stuff with a geo (so ETA 5) Unfortunately, i was distracted by work for a bit after the spy, and sent without re-spying. Therefore i failed to noticed two smaller player sending at him (Target had high bounty) a tick before me.

They hit for one tick, and when i arrived, i triggered, and since they sent LETs SAS arrived. They recalled, and since the SAS was part of the mob (as TaO points out) they did not recall.

So even though i was not much over (would have triggered police probably), (also he was 100% of me) i still died epically to SAS.

I know its not technically a bug, and i will probably not do the same again, i still think it should be changed.

There is nothing fair about losing my entire army when im barely over the trigger limit and have sent no lethals. AR is recalculated every tick, so all that has to be done is send the police and SAS separately.

I know its not a large problem, but im sure its not a hard fix.

I know i shouldve been on spying/paying attention etc, but when I dont expect to trigger SAS, why would i bother?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I've seen people make more of a fuss of this little calculation.
Mint, being the best to my memory; Threatening to sue Azzer for the credits he foolishly bought to buy his whole staff - Priceless.
But, on-topic; It is a very difficult concept to really describe to newer people, and it is obviously causing confusion for some more experienced players too.
I believe it makes perfect sense in my eyes, but I can see what Davis is griping about.
Solution? Well, the only thing I can see, is the Gov recalling and re-sending to be appropriate to the newer situation, though this is also open to abuse, much like most things AR-based.