Age As a Definition

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'm having an argument with a friend {please note it is a friendly one, serious points, but no real wager on whatever outcome}, but I'd like other's opinions on what they believe age is by solid definition.

Frank Jane Casper was/is a paedo.
15 minutes ago · Comment · Unlike
You like this.

Aidan Ducker He's a child. Your argument is invalid.
14 minutes ago

Dax Powell No he isn't. He died a child, he's been in existence for about a century; Retort.
11 minutes ago ·

Aidan Ducker No but when you die you don't age physically
/rebuttle
10 minutes ago

Aidan Ducker Why am I saying that like I know what happens when people die o_O
9 minutes ago

Dax Powell But that is irrelevant; Age is not determined by how long something has been alive, it's for how long it has been in existence. Human beings use it as a way of measuring lifespan, that is all.
My bed is 12 years old, and that clearly isn't alive, is it?
Counter-retort.
7 minutes ago ·

Aidan Ducker Yeah but Caspers body has always been that OF a child. Whilst chronologically he may be 100 odd, biologically his spiritual entity is that of a child.
Like when you watch ghost films, the ghost is always what the protagonist looked like as they died.
4 minutes ago

Dax Powell He can still be a 100-odd year old pervert in a child's entity. Like Hannibal Lecter wearing a dead skin mask - He is still Hannibal Lecter behind the mask, but presents himself as a different image.
Throughout the time he has been dead, you would imagine he has extended his knowledge, wisdom, and general experience of life {albeit the fact he is dead} by watching the living. Hence on top of his time-based age, he is also a possessor of what could be said to be adult experiences.
Though him being a pervert, all said and done, can't be an issue - He is no longer human, so he can't be a pervert. A fantasiser, perhaps - A pervert however, he is not.
4 minutes ago

Frank Jane Surely age has nothing to do with it, he's been looking at pre-pube boobs all his life/death. I think it's time for him to move on.
4 minutes ago

Aidan Ducker Frank what did you watch today to make you think Casper has been looking at naked toddlers.
about a minute ago

Dax Powell Now this has become a sty of comedy and childishness; And I love it.
2 seconds ago ·

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The age of an object is generally determined by how long it has been in existance as that object. (eg you age a building by it's build date, not by carbon dating the original materials used in it's manufacture).

The age of a living creature is determined by how many years it was alive for, before death. Once a living being is dead, while the CORPSE can age, the BEING can not, because "aging" in a being requires life - it's a record of how many years the being has been alive for.

A person's corpse may age by 500 years. The person will never have aged another year, as they were no longer alive to have aged.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
The age of an object is generally determined by how long it has been in existance as that object. (eg you age a building by it's build date, not by carbon dating the original materials used in it's manufacture).

The age of a living creature is determined by how many years it was alive for, before death. Once a living being is dead, while the CORPSE can age, the BEING can not, because "aging" in a being requires life - it's a record of how many years the being has been alive for.

A person's corpse may age by 500 years. The person will never have aged another year, as they were no longer alive to have aged.

That's cool then, I'll kill myself next year, be immortalised at 21, and learn everything over time, and look at 16 year old girls and not feel TOO guilty. :lol:

Caranthir

Harvester
So the fact that when I watch movies with young teenage girls in it and think of what they look like when they are my age is wrong :(

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Well, I think that's fair enough.
Best chat up line for those kind runs along the lines of "Does this cloth smell like Chloroform to you?"
Works, every time.