Big Boy Bounties

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
The RPG being able to rush like that and make profit over and over is a massive oversight by Azzer.

It's too bad him and his minion (Weeble) are too inactive to do anything about this massive bug.

Hobo

Harvester
The RPG being able to rush like that and make profit over and over is a massive oversight by Azzer.

It's too bad him and his minion (Weeble) are too inactive to do anything about this massive bug.

i agree is an odd change, ( not gonna stop me doing it)

in my reports attackign three times same target i gained money, H/F and AR despite zeroing myself.
though this can be like a top robo attacking a smaller SA player. They do it relatively risk free, get bounty, get land, tho lose H/F. wth the added bonus of not losing all their troops.

This change as far as i can tell only really helps an RPG in any large sense.

Meh i changed my route to do this so I guess i rather they didnt change it AGAIN mid round, but next round this shouldnt be in place.

Last edited:

Silence

Head Gardener
I think you miss the point. The big guy looses h/f which in turn leads to bounty hunters. It is directly risk free, but indirectly risky.

Which in turn leads to being hunting.

[insert one argument from another thread]

But what is fundamental here is that the failure to address the main issue.

NOTHING SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR FREE.

I appreciate the new bounty rule. I agree with it actually, Im pro making the guys who are winning difficult. However Im against there being a mechanism where someone can use it for free.

So this is very simple; removing that 5% retaliation rule so that the rusher will atleast have a kind of detriment to think about. Yes he might only have a small acre count but then the top guy can gain too. (and at the very least it is an annoyance as minor as the guy who sends ~5mln RPGs at someone valued 100b score)

The last issue I would like to address was that someone mentioned not being able to deal with the attacks.

A harrier rush with -2 = atf3 =P How do you deal with that! lol

The point which I would like to make unequivocally clear is that nothing should be available for free. There should be advantage of doing something with a potential detriment which follows.

For those who cba to read this, summary: Adren rush bounty good - retal rule bad, so remove it.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
So, the victims of these rushes have 2 possibilities: Either be contactable 24/7, or continuously lose troops every night.
Or hit sleep mode. Just a thought.

Make T-rex init 1, fire on all ticks, quadruple their stats, and give them to me for the price of 1, giving hardly any score.
This unbalances the game? Well, hit sleepmode, then I can't attack you. Just a thought.

Sleepmode every night shouldn't be the standard in this game, suggesting sleepmode as the fix to new changes really isn't the way to go, imho.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
So, the victims of these rushes have 2 possibilities: Either be contactable 24/7, or continuously lose troops every night.

Make T-rex init 1, fire on all ticks, quadruple their stats, and give them to me for the price of 1, giving hardly any score.
This unbalances the game? Well, hit sleepmode, then I can't attack you. Just a thought.

Sleepmode every night shouldn't be the standard in this game, suggesting sleepmode as the fix to new changes really isn't the way to go, imho.

Agreed. Sleepmode, in my opinion, should be used rarely and as a last resort. It's a shame that it has become the norm these days.

zhouj

Harvester

Agreed. Sleepmode, in my opinion, should be used rarely and as a last resort. It's a shame that it has become the norm these days.

Beats getting pranked at 3am. :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Pranks at 3am are awesome.
Means i fit 1 more fap session in per day :O

Oh wait nobody ever pranks me cos im never offline :(

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
fap fap fap fap :eek:

on topic,

i havn't 'sufferd' at the hands of these rpg rushes despite being one of the larger strikers in the game. from values i have seen and heard of it does sound unbalanced, but in all honesty, i couldn't care less.

yes its annoying that they can profit from rusing so easily but surely its annoying when between 4 and 7 people who are atleast twice your score stack up on you for land.

the point of my post is that there are many aspects of the game that are 'unfair'

IMPO lower the bounty * slightly and try and make it easyer for ALL routes to gain this bounty not just RPGays.

just my two worthless pennys.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Just to note, as I've done some testing this round as an RPG Rusher...

The target must have a bounty of over 60-65% to break even... below that and it's not profitable.

From looking at the Most Wanted list, after well over half a round, only 18 players have managed to get their bounty level that high.
Of those 18, only 13 are in the Top 100 (or as near as - down to Rank 104) - the remaining 5 are all below Rank 250, and not in rushable territory.

Of these 13 players:

1 Robo - Nano (Have too much health for a profitable RPG hit) - Definate no
1 Robo - Nano (Practically zero lethals to kill with RPGs, mainly SDs) - Pointless
1 Robo - PA (Perfect target, but in sleep-mode) - Potential but in sleep-mode
2 Robo - Shield (One is Perfect Target, other is Rank 1 and ALWAYS online) - Potential
2 PoMs - Hypnos (Potential target for easy kills, but very low percentage return, and risk of him sending out, leaving Hypnos home and me loosing all my units) - Potential
1 PoM - No Hypnos (Pointless, would kill barely anything and get little bounty) - Pointless
2 Striker - Marines (Silly numbers of Marines which have too much health for RPGs to damage well) - Definate no
1 Solo Striker (No Marines, but being solo quite likely to trigger, and definately no repeat attacking due to AR mod) - Potential
1 Terrorist - Dogs/TLs (TLs are hard to kill with RPG, would die easily with little bounty) - Definate no
1 Fantasy - Sorc (Masses of Witches, too much health for RPGs to damage) - Definate no

So from that, we have 5 definate no's, 2 pointless targets, and 6 potentials, of which 1 is in sleep mode.

So essentially, we're talking about a situation regarding the new rule that is affecting 6 people :!:
(and as player around the Rank 100 mark, I can only hit 1 of those with a -2 mod...)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It isn't affecting 6 people. There might be 6 targets which are profitable, but you can still rush other targets for a slight loss but still get loads of bounty, which makes the bounty hunter stat a joke imo.

And it also affects all the people who can do the RPG rushing, which is far more than 6 people.

And it indirectly affects everyone who CAN'T do the RPG rushing, since they have to work a lot harder than nooby RPG players to get the same amount of bounty.

Steve_God

Official Helper
It isn't affecting 6 people. There might be 6 targets which are profitable, but you can still rush other targets for a slight loss but still get loads of bounty, which makes the bounty hunter stat a joke imo.

And it also affects all the people who can do the RPG rushing, which is far more than 6 people.

And it indirectly affects everyone who CAN'T do the RPG rushing, since they have to work a lot harder than nooby RPG players to get the same amount of bounty.
I'll rephrase:
- It only effects 6 people negatively as being profitable targets (the main issue for most)...
- It may effect RPG players by giving them 'extra' reason to do some rushing on the top...
- It may effect other non-rpg players no differently than saying "OMG, I'm a PoM player and I don't get night-time bonuses like the Fantasy route". RPG route is an agressive route yet weak in defence, always has been, and this just adds to the nature of the route...
- It may make it considerably easier to do well on the Bounty Hunter stat (for those people that look at it)...

However it also encourages attacks on those at the top, and is better for the game as a whole!

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

I'll rephrase:
- It only effects 6 people negatively as being profitable targets (the main issue for most)...
- It may effect RPG players by giving them 'extra' reason to do some rushing on the top...
- It may effect other non-rpg players no differently than saying "OMG, I'm a PoM player and I don't get night-time bonuses like the Fantasy route". RPG route is an agressive route yet weak in defence, always has been, and this just adds to the nature of the route...
- It may make it considerably easier to do well on the Bounty Hunter stat (for those people that look at it)...

However it also encourages attacks on those at the top, and is better for the game as a whole!

1. Unlike toby, I never said only rpg's benefit from this. You'll find SA's will profit from attacking thugs as well. You'll find that f117-rushes on poms will become far more lucrative with a x2 or x2.5 bounty, even though NLD don't give as much bounty.
2. This round has been very dynamic. 2 quasi-winning alliances have disbanded. History has shown that in a normal round, more people get an increased bounty.

and 3. @Webvictim: Where is this sudden arrogance coming from? Is it so hard to either make a constructive post like Steve, or no post at all. The form of your 2 posts here have annoyed me ("just a thought"), regardless of the content, or in the case of your last post, lack of it.

webvictim

Harvester
@webvictim: Where is this sudden arrogance coming from? Is it so hard to either make a constructive post like Steve, or no post at all. The form of your 2 posts here have annoyed me ("just a thought"), regardless of the content, or in the case of your last post, lack of it.
My last post was merely to indicate that I agree with Steve, but I accept it probably could have been made in a better way. I'll do so now.

Steve's calculations indicate that the issue this thread discusses is only really a problem for those who are 1) over ten times as large as the "average player" and 2) who have a bounty above 60-65%. I don't think that affects an unreasonable amount of players, particularly considering that they must have played dishonourably in the first place to gain such an elevated bounty level - one might even say that it's some form of karma that they can get rushed for profit. Every action has a reaction, just like my arrogance and your displeasure. The reintroduction of H/F was, in my opinion, designed to reinforce this and to help clean up the way that people play.

With regard to my post about sleep mode, I was genuinely trying to point out that there was a third option. The game has moved in the direction of contactability almost being a mandatory requirement to maintain the higher ranks, and even moreso if you 1) want to play dishonourably and 2) object to being rushed. If you don't wish to get woken up at night or lose troops, you can hit sleep mode. It's a perfectly viable option, regardless of anyone's opinion on whether it might be a plaster on a wound.

I apologise if I've come over as arrogant, that was never my intention. I think that some of the other irritating dickwands on this forum must have rubbed off on me, and I certainly don't wish to sink to their level.

*slaps self*

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Just to note, as I've done some testing this round as an RPG Rusher...

The target must have a bounty of over 60-65% to break even... below that and it's not profitable.

From looking at the Most Wanted list, after well over half a round, only 18 players have managed to get their bounty level that high.
Of those 18, only 13 are in the Top 100 (or as near as - down to Rank 104) - the remaining 5 are all below Rank 250, and not in rushable territory.

Of these 13 players:

1 Robo - Nano (Have too much health for a profitable RPG hit) - Definate no
1 Robo - Nano (Practically zero lethals to kill with RPGs, mainly SDs) - Pointless
1 Robo - PA (Perfect target, but in sleep-mode) - Potential but in sleep-mode
2 Robo - Shield (One is Perfect Target, other is Rank 1 and ALWAYS online) - Potential
2 PoMs - Hypnos (Potential target for easy kills, but very low percentage return, and risk of him sending out, leaving Hypnos home and me loosing all my units) - Potential
1 PoM - No Hypnos (Pointless, would kill barely anything and get little bounty) - Pointless
2 Striker - Marines (Silly numbers of Marines which have too much health for RPGs to damage well) - Definate no
1 Solo Striker (No Marines, but being solo quite likely to trigger, and definately no repeat attacking due to AR mod) - Potential
1 Terrorist - Dogs/TLs (TLs are hard to kill with RPG, would die easily with little bounty) - Definate no
1 Fantasy - Sorc (Masses of Witches, too much health for RPGs to damage) - Definate no

So from that, we have 5 definate no's, 2 pointless targets, and 6 potentials, of which 1 is in sleep mode.

So essentially, we're talking about a situation regarding the new rule that is affecting 6 people :!:
(and as player around the Rank 100 mark, I can only hit 1 of those with a -2 mod...)

Well-worked out, and I like that I'm classed as 'the perfect target'. I'm flattered :D
But in all seriousness, rushing on -2 hasn't affected myself personally yet, and I wouldn't go crazy if someone did, it's the nature of the beast - I got myself a 76% bounty, so I'm bound to get people prodding me for free money. :p