Which alliance have you had the most fun in...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The very first alliance I joined where I had fun was with Cizza Marksy and Steve in round 18 (i think). Sexeh_Grannies, obviously, and we had a real blast; a really insane crew, lots of fun in the ranks, and the first time i truly felt a part of a "crew."

Norfolk_N_Chance in Round 22 stands out as my all time favourite alliance. We had a fun crew, and it was where my longstanding association with Toby and his group really began.

Desperadoes in Round 29 was epic. I was somewhere around 22 hours active, and basically leading the alliance. I remember very little since it's all a ginormous blur. Being that active, and running an alliance, was devastating and I just about died. However, it had some true highlights (69/1337) resistance attacks as well as faking with TLs like a mother ***** when there were only a few of us on. Not to mention killing Dill in defence everytime he bought up troops. As well as misreading incoming, and killing off half the alliance in one tick. A tough, exhausting round, but one which was ultimately very rewarding and quite and experience.

As for FTW allies, War Huh, and RapeRinseRepeat stand out as the best times i've had in recent rounds. War Huh was fun crushing TBA in defence for much of the round, then when they finally bought real troops having some truly epic BRs. Again, I played with a crew that was phenomenal (for the most part) and we were a pretty tight knit bunch, and it was my first real FTW round. I learned lots, and despite being a horrific n00b was treated quite well. Of course RRR was a great round when we utterly raped our opposition, then the backstabbing split, then a long resistance (during the course of which Garrett spied for us which led to prolonging the resistance til we finally cracked), and then a good night's sleep for the first time in 2+ rounds.

So, most fun?

1: Norfolk_N_Chance
2: War Huh
3: RRR
4: Desperadoes
5: SG

Last edited:

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Anytime I get to play with Don, Lisette, Tiff, Lordie, TehPantz, Arild, etc.

Saplings in 24
YaCuteHills in 27
Desperados in 29

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can find on my user profile page :p

My first round in 17 with WhosWhos was a blast as i enjoyed the people there and thus the start of my career.

R22 must have been good, I don't know who I was with but I know Martin finally took me on board for a round as my name was "PlayingTonsilHockey of WithMartin"

:)

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Round 22, SboonX
Had a great time with all the people in there.. Also Hedge was a awesome leader.
Few real life friends of mine was still playing back then.

Round 23, SboonXII
Fun people, terrible round..

Round 25, Avalanche
Was my first round as "leader", recruited most people i knew ingame which are fun..
Lupus, Zoe, Augustus, Tapey.. and lots others, great time. Think its time to do a little reunion round with them :D

Round 29, BYOB
Had a terrible round start.. As soon i saw spot free in BYOB i almost begged Ogluk for a spot.. and i got it! Was my first active round where i was aiming for a decent rank.

MacMikey

Harvester
Well to answer your question with only one answer.
I'd definately say Monotony.
I was suppossed to lead this awfull bunch of inactive crazy people but it turned out to be a great alliance :D

Max

Garden Designer
For me, it was EventHorizon, where I spent many rounds having a hilarious time with Matt, Yang, Tyler et al, was fantastic :D

I've also really enjoyed playing in Protest, particularly the first round. It was something completely different from my point of view and required a whole new alliance strategy to make it work. So it was most certainly an enjoyable one!

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
1. Pestiferous - Best round there has ever been imo

2. Rizla----> TheKovenant - When we joined prozac in joining TK to take out all the dragon allies and take rank 2. So much fun!

3. Wilcard - Kick raping over 50 ppl was just fun :D

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Sexmagic: Leading a handpicked bunch of brilliant, awesome, hilarious, crazy guys was quite amazing. The quotes were great, everyone pulled their weight ingame, to my knowledge there weren't any guys who kept b¨tching at eachother... Great atmosphere, great play as well. What more can one want?

Ram

Head Gardener
WarHuh? - MY first ftw round and it was with a group of phenomenal players.

ReRR - I wasn't really doing much that round till the split and then I joined and we held off the resistance for a fair ammount of time?

Silence

Head Gardener

ReRR - I wasn't really doing much that round till the split and then I joined and we held off the resistance for a fair ammount of time?

*amount

Was it because they were BEST FRIENDS? Ahhh yes, best friends. Alliance which is full of friends.

=======

S2n was the best; simply because it was the keenest alliance to give 100% into wars. Some surprising names were in there yet they were fantastic

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

*amount

Was it because they were BEST FRIENDS? Ahhh yes, best friends. Alliance which is full of friends.

=======

S2n was the best; simply because it was the keenest alliance to give 100% into wars. Some surprising names were in there yet they were fantastic

Awwwwwww Bushtarion friends! Awwwwww Online computer game friends

/me does thumbs up

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
round 26, discworld

it was just a group of nice active people with enough dutchies and aus/americans to give good cover all the time. we were always online and always loved to pull giant trains on allies. which helped me at the time as i was extremist/fanatic.

round 28, apocryphal?

im not sure exactly if i have the right round, it was after i played ftw in dw, i had the chance to try it in an alliance with twigley. i remeber our alliance got to rank 1 and maybe you suck rank 3 and some one else probably toxo rank 2 at the time after the resistance and suddenly we had gone far enough ahead for the resistance to think it was our time.

I seem to recall playing with twigleys and chewie and recon and some others, who i had never played with, but the banter was great. i particularly like when yousuck (were ranked 2 or 3 at the time) hit us, rank 1 at the time, and all but 1 of our members was online to counter a perfectly executed attack on those that werent hitting us, and were offline. we killed and stole land from several different members. and all the incoming failed to the poms. all due to twigleys balls of steel and organisation, It was clear to me why so many people think highly of his ability at this game, it went beyond being able to play but being able to command and control.
at leats i think thaty was the round.

round 31, back in discworld,

with recon helping asmo lead, getting some drive into us, and for the first time ever kicking a few members of discworld for inactivity!!! i liked that round for discovering sorcs, raping people, getting d/w to rank 5, and helping septimus bribe a ton of tl's and other units with my sirens. and playing allied FTW/FTF properly for the last time with asmo, gadfly, ginga, rooney? and recon AND DEATHSCYTHE! (forgot to mention a few people, there was alot of love in that alliance for all of them, maybe except red he was a bit too underhand for me). and even our team mascott peanut (although we didnt tell him this). I was proud of kelsey for resisting joing cyrus' alliance 'Im on a boat.' for as long as he did. Who seemed to forget DW being asked not to attack them and doing it because of the love of kelsey. only to see fate not be so kind when the rolls reversed. but it was all good fun.

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Enmity.

Although many of them backstabbed me this round, I enjoyed that round the most (despite starting late). A successful resistance with the round lasting until the last couple of weeks, nice fun people to play with who had a sense of humor, and not a horrible alliance either.

Ram

Head Gardener

*amount

=======

/me does thumbs up

Could you be any further up Silences arse?
Also Inbetweeners joke.... k.

Last edited by a moderator:

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
R20: Guernica - Nothing beats my mass alliance attack on a solo and the aftermath of said attack. The BGs, by-in-large, quit, and we went from a 3-alliance powerblock to one alliance barely holding on for the win at round's end.

Honorable mention: R22 Sexmagic, R29 BYOB (until I left to lead Seed), R27 YaCuteHills and lastly, R19 Crazy_Diamonds. All middling alliances with great people and fun suicide attacks.

TehPantz

Head Gardener
R27: YaCuteHills

R29: BYOB

R31: OldFarts

All 3 allies filled with great people and tons of fun!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
R30, Affliction - Why? Because I started off in National Guard, made some new friends, taught some new people alot of stuff, then when me and two others were the last people making an effort, and two members had turncoated for two different alliances {Men At Work and RoyalSpade} and were always giving our lists and activity times out - I moved to Affliction with a friend, and in turn crushed both alliances that contributed to the fall of NG.
It was fun because I met a bunch of people, and it was the first round I properly used IRC, and mingled within #bush. They are my fondest memories of offence and defence alike in a single round. For others it may have sucked, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

R32, KHaoS - I joined here from Firewall just as Ogluk had taken command of the alliance, and it was admittedly in a bit of a bad way. I was in there for around three weeks with high activity, and total contactability, with just my mobile phone {My PC died in R31}. After those three weeks, I had RL issues, and left to solo until I had sorted things out. I returned from solo for the remaining 3/4 weeks - And played my heart out again.
My choices have all been from recent rounds, because the previous ones I've played have been without IRC, and IRC is a must-have for enjoying alliance play IMO.

Caranthir

Harvester
R23 - Pestilence

My first round, recruited by some IC (imperial conflict) groupies who left the IC alliance.

Times were simpler then, no phone calls in the middle of the night, no requiring everyone's phone number, no spies giving our your information and people leaving you in the lurch with no warning.

Ah to be honorable again.

Silence

Head Gardener

*amount

=======

/me does thumbs up

Could you be any further up Silences arse?
Also Inbetweeners joke.... k.

He was further up my arse when we had sex tbh. He loves it. We once dressed up like unicorns. Good times tbh

WE ARE BEST FRIENDS. ALLIANCE FRIENDS! :D

Last edited by a moderator: