Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Frijj

Harvester
Great game.
Campaign took me about 7 or 8 hours and that was on hard so its pretty easy.

Online is absolutely amazing. In my own opinion it just beats CoD MW2 in so many ways. Bigger battles. Bigger Maps. Vehicles. Just everything is better. If you play it then go play MW2 you see huge differences in game play and graphics. Weapon choices depends on your class but there are weapons that can be used for all classes.

I also feel sniping is more realistic in the sense that the further away the target the further you have to aim above the head. And you can also snipe the pilots of helicopters which is really funny as anyone else in it dies.

Also if you pay the extra £3 for limited edition when they release the new maps you can just download them.

But really i am loving this game online. Mostly only play rush though. If anyone has never played Bad company rush is basically the attackers have to blow up 2 COMM stations and if they do they progress to the next 2 COMM stations. The defenders have to prevent this by killing the attackers 75 times as thats the amount of lives they have. There is no time limits which is good and bad. Bad in the sense of if it's a campy game it can last for ever which is just boring.

Plus EA have dedicated servers for it so it is unlikely games will lag except the last 2 days they have been doing work on them so some matches some have been laggy.

Anyway this is just my opinion and that so don't flame me because i think it's better than MW2.

If anyone else has got this game on PS3 i wouldn't mind a few games in a squad, it's extra points.

Lupus

Head Gardener
i'm getting it asap and i think your right mw2 is overly noobish this time round, they should have Kept it Simple Stupid, instead of having killstreaks flying off the handle and god knows how many attachments

Ezekiel

Harvester
You cant sprint and strafe. BC2 = Fail.

And dedicated servers? Was the laggiest game I have played in ages. Every match was a joke. Vehicles are a novelty. Clunky controls in general. Overall I hated it.

Darryl

Head Gardener

Erm. I've not played it on all platforms, but on PC you certainly can, and I'd be amazed if it was different on consoles. Unless you mean sprint and strafe simultaneously, which you can't. But I'd like to see you try and sprint and strafe in real life. It's not something that's been in any of the BF games, and it sounds a bit silly anyway, really.

I'm enjoying it so far, the vehicles are great fun. Helicopters are a bit tricky to use, they certainly take some practice, but they've stuck to the controls that they've used since Battlefield 2. Vehicles are a huge part of Battlefield, so I don't know why you'd call them a "novelty". If you don't like vehicle combat, you picked the wrong game. There are some game types that minimise the impact of vehicles rather than them being the prominent aspect of the match, but really, BF isn't an infantry vs infantry game, if you like that, play something else.

And the servers have been very good on PC, at least. Some major problems for a couple of days after launch, but that's expected. They're very stable and lag free now, and have been the same for the last week or so. Perhaps it's different for the console servers.

marvin

Tree Surgeon

Erm. I've not played it on all platforms, but on PC you certainly can, and I'd be amazed if it was different on consoles. Unless you mean sprint and strafe simultaneously, which you can't. But I'd like to see you try and sprint and strafe in real life. It's not something that's been in any of the BF games, and it sounds a bit silly anyway, really.

I'm enjoying it so far, the vehicles are great fun. Helicopters are a bit tricky to use, they certainly take some practice, but they've stuck to the controls that they've used since Battlefield 2. Vehicles are a huge part of Battlefield, so I don't know why you'd call them a "novelty". If you don't like vehicle combat, you picked the wrong game. There are some game types that minimise the impact of vehicles rather than them being the prominent aspect of the match, but really, BF isn't an infantry vs infantry game, if you like that, play something else.

And the servers have been very good on PC, at least. Some major problems for a couple of days after launch, but that's expected. They're very stable and lag free now, and have been the same for the last week or so. Perhaps it's different for the console servers.

This.

It is/was the exact same as on the console versions of everything Darryl said.

Frijj

Harvester

And dedicated servers? Was the laggiest game I have played in ages. Every match was a joke. Vehicles are a novelty. Clunky controls in general. Overall I hated it.

You haven't really played it have you.

You can sprint and strafe.
Dedicated servers are the most useful things ever.
Vehicles are amazing.
Controls are even better.
I play it on PS3 and its perfect. Don't know what console your playing it on.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

You haven't really played it have you.

You can sprint and strafe.
Dedicated servers are the most useful things ever.
Vehicles are amazing.
Controls are even better.
I play it on PS3 and its perfect. Don't know what console your playing it on.

i think snes

Ezekiel

Harvester
Click the left stick. Hold right on the left stick. Still sprint straight? Fail.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Played it on PS3. which was terrible..

Got it for PC now, and is MUCH better :)

Mattheus

Head Gardener
One question - How the hell do you find people to shoot at? -_-
I've been spoiled to the core by call of duty games, now people have to spot enemies for it to show up on the radar? :(
The maps are so ridiculously big I find myself wandering around like a lost tourist for half an hour, before someone finally crosses my line of sight 2 miles away on the horizon...for a split second.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game. But I'm just having trouble adjusting to the pace of the game. Makes the CoD games look so arcadey.

So far I've only been using the recon class, I mostly sniped in CoD, determined to try and get good at it in this game. :p

Frijj

Harvester
Depends what maps you play. Cause recon is good on all the maps if you have a good place to camp really. Best places are usually slightly elevated and covered in bushes or rocks or debris. I use medic class a lot now as you get a lot more score for it.

Souls

Official Helper
You would've hated BF2, Mattheus. These maps are so tiny in comparison to what I expect from a Battlefield game :p

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Having played this some more, I'm really starting to like it.
I've found that playing rush games help the problem I had with finding enemies, as it splits the map in to smaller chunks, each with set objectives. Makes it easier to find where the action is.
While on first impression it may have a lot of similarities to MW2, they're actually quite different games. BC2 is a lot more tactical...dare I say it...realistic. I love the fact that the environments are completely destructible. Seems like *everything* can be destroyed. Nothing like those -ohshit- moments when you're hiding in a building and suddenly the whole wall is blown off leaving you in full view. Generally the game seems to have a lot of depth.
To be fair I haven't even touched the vehicles yet, except when I wanna get from A to B much quicker, but they don't really feel out of place like they did in CoD WaW, as the game is actually designed round them, rather then just plonked in for the hell of it.

One slight annoyance I have is the match making system, I don't know whether it's the game not wanting to put extra players in to a game which has already started, or if it's just lack of players (surely not?) but it's happened a few times where I'll be in a game where one team has a lot more players then the other, sometimes as extreme as 1 v 5, and it seeming to stay like that.

I still haven't really scratched the surface as I've barely touched any of the classes except recon. But I'll get round to it eventually.
Thumbs up!

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I have the M95 now..
And DAMN! that's one farking awesome sniper!..
The sound like omg...

Now i've completed the Recon stuffs ill start playing as a medic i guess :)

Frijj

Harvester
That is a differant class of weapon. It can take down helicopters with enough shots :p.

Still prefer my Magnum Gol sniper though.

Whats the highest marksman you have recieved? You get marksman points for head shots from a distance. Best i have had was like 342 or something like that. It was on Arica Harbor. I was attacking and ran up the hill to the right from the spawn and he went in the far away watch tower. Took my 3 bullets to finaly hit him :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Agreed
Gol is much better then the M95..
M95 reload takes too long :(

My best marksman aint that high, think it's around 250 max..

Had an awesome kill last night..

Guy in a chopper, i shot him
Chopper crashed killing 2 enemies
Then another guy from the chopper jumped out of chopper, and i shot him in air

You play on PC?