• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

10 man allies next round

10 man allies next round

• I agree

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • I kinda agree but a bit more than 10

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I like 20

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
didn't read anything before, but an extreme cut in members can mean that activity & contactability is not everything about the game anymore. There comes to a point where it is not worth it to put in 24/7 to the game and be contactable as you can just get raped by lots of people. There will be more politics and tempory teaming up (note not noobblocking) and crying and moaning = more interesting.

You can say it could put too much stress on the top alliance, yeah if they want to be active for 70 days...but people that burn out can easily take a week or two off, come back, and it is still fair game for all to fight for the number 1 spot again.

There needs to be significant weakening on solo though. Probably no Pnaps allowed.

Support!

<3 you clem. But this whole post is utter horseshit.

Turnip2k

Harvester
The trick is to make people not care about getting raped senseless lower down, but still be able to play competetively at the top.

The issue arises when you try to merge to two - since the top allies trying to play competetively results in them bashing the living hell out of any ally that is trying to play for fun and grows into range. The problem of rank 1 ally being unassasilable is also an issue. It's not all about numbers in an alliance - although this will tie largely into it.

There needs to be somthing more 'fun' to aim for if you are a FTF ally - not just value / land. HF is an example of this, the top ranks dont really give a crap about of it, but its a little bit of fun for everyone else.

Its also a psycological thing for lower ranks - getting zeroed every night tends to grind you down, since you cant acutally play the game if you dont have any units. HF is a permanent attribute, once you have it, people can zero you all they want, but they can't take it away from you.

By all means reduce the alliance size - but this WILL make the game more unpleasant for inactive / FTF players. Give the inactives somthing to play for, that can't be taken away by bashing from more active players and that problem is solved.

CLem

Head Gardener
didn't read anything before, but an extreme cut in members can mean that activity & contactability is not everything about the game anymore. There comes to a point where it is not worth it to put in 24/7 to the game and be contactable as you can just get raped by lots of people. There will be more politics and tempory teaming up (note not noobblocking) and crying and moaning = more interesting.

You can say it could put too much stress on the top alliance, yeah if they want to be active for 70 days...but people that burn out can easily take a week or two off, come back, and it is still fair game for all to fight for the number 1 spot again.

There needs to be significant weakening on solo though. Probably no Pnaps allowed.

Support!

<3 you clem. But this whole post is utter horseshit.

no offense taken, I am just an optimist that see this as a possible way that makes activity not the no.1 requirement of this game. It make crash and burn for 1 round but it may not.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
73% in favour of a reduction of some kind, pretty big majority.

Ofc the number of "no" votes doesn't incorporate "faceless" ftf players who don't use the forums. But again, are these people as valuable as our ftw playerbase, who pay to support the game by way of purchasing BPs/pre-booking IDs etc. Again again, I'm not trying to say these players aren't valuable, but whether the ftw playerbase should be suffering in terms of stale gameplay because of the alliance issue, just so ftf players don't have it "possibly a little bit worse", I'm really not sure :/

Alvestein

Garden Designer
im against this idea for pretty much the same reasons as the ones stated above.
not sure if this is a decent idea or not but how about upping the % boundary of people you can't attack? so people in the lower alliances have a chance to actually grow before getting wtf raped by the top.
just a thought ^^

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
73% in favour of a reduction of some kind, pretty big majority.Ofc the number of "no" votes doesn't incorporate "faceless" ftf players who don't use the forums. But again, are these people as valuable as our ftw playerbase, who pay to support the game by way of purchasing BPs/pre-booking IDs etc. Again again, I'm not trying to say these players aren't valuable, but whether the ftw playerbase should be suffering in terms of stale gameplay because of the alliance issue, just so ftf players don't have it "possibly a little bit worse", I'm really not sure :/

Perhaps we've just stumbled on a possible issue of some "FTW" players. Some may be under the illusion THEY are funding the game for the rest of the playerbase, and this superiority complex some FTW players might have (you've demonstrated it in that post) might make them believe that catering to them is the most important thing the game can do. In reality, the reverse is true - the majority of income comes from the people who aren't considered "FTW". THEY fund YOUR game. Making sure you don't screw them over just to give the FTW players what they ask is more important than perhaps you realise.

Edit: Should probably also remind you that these players who "aren't as important", are also where new players start - soemthing everyone wants to encourage and welcome to Bush, and where the FTW players also started out, so it's a good idea to make them feel welcome and improve the game for them, as much as it is to improve the game for everyone :p

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Keep it at 20.

I enjoy my mix of veterans and newbies each round. I find it's the best way to help teach the game.

Besides, not everyone plays for the win, some of us stay around for the fun. :p

Ezekiel

Harvester
Perhaps we've just stumbled on a possible issue of some "FTW" players. Some may be under the illusion THEY are funding the game for the rest of the playerbase, and this superiority complex some FTW players might have (you've demonstrated it in that post) might make them believe that catering to them is the most important thing the game can do. In reality, the reverse is true - the majority of income comes from the people who aren't considered "FTW". THEY fund YOUR game. Making sure you don't screw them over just to give the FTW players what they ask is more important than perhaps you realise.

Edit: Should probably also remind you that these players who "aren't as important", are also where new players start - soemthing everyone wants to encourage and welcome to Bush, and where the FTW players also started out, so it's a good idea to make them feel welcome and improve the game for them, as much as it is to improve the game for everyone :p
Going kind of off topic, but not really, i'd def agree with Azzer her.

I'm one of these "new" players that lurked around enough to get a sense of FTW play and decided to give it ago. And as recent events show, it all been a bit of a mess this round for me. Without out telling stories and rambling on, it's safe to say that if 10 man alliances were to happen, there's no way i'd play. Ive met enough stupid people and a few cool people to know that I would need to play even harder/for longer to compete for top spots, and the little enjoyment in times of respite there was would def be sucked away. I don't know if i'll even bother playing next round FTW as it is.

If enough of the vet's want this then why not all chip in for your own private world for a few weeks. I really don't think this will make any positive differences, just make more extreme differences in FTF and FTW.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
73% in favour of a reduction of some kind, pretty big majority.

Ofc the number of "no" votes doesn't incorporate "faceless" ftf players who don't use the forums.

This post is one of the most egotistical, self indulgent, and myopic comments I have ever seen on these forums. You display a shocking lack of respect and understanding of the playerbase; which I guess shouldn't surprise me. Although hope does spring eternal....

25 votes, or 56% of the voters here decide they want 10 man allies. This is 25 players out of 1127 forum users. (even accounting for Spambots/Multi etc, 25 voters is a fraction of the playerbase.)

* 1,771 IDs in this world have been registered to date this round.
* 731 of those IDs have actually been deleted.
* 183 IDs are marked as online right now in this world.
* 1,401 is the highest number of IDs online in this world at any one time to date.
* 659 IDs have been active in this world in the last week.

And naturally, as you yourself admit, this is a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of the players who actually play this game; not just in forums, but in the game itself. So doesn't your attitude seem insanely self interested? You're trying to spice up the game for 60 players, which is, at most, 10% of the active ingame IDs; while destroying the gameplay for the rest of the players. Get your self important ass off your self important horse, and think of the game as a whole, rather than just for yourself for once.

But again, are these people as valuable as our ftw playerbase, who pay to support the game by way of purchasing BPs/pre-booking IDs etc. Again again, I'm not trying to say these players aren't valuable, but whether the ftw playerbase should be suffering in terms of stale gameplay because of the alliance issue, just so ftf players don't have it "possibly a little bit worse", I'm really not sure :/

Uh, despite Azzer's rebuttal to your post, anyone with a brain could have told you that the FTW players clearly are not the main source of income from this game, 60 players are not likely to fund his entire game. So to suddenly deem 90% of the players "irrelevant" and "unimportant" is a painfully stupid thing to have done. Even you should know better DA.

The FTW playerbase isn't entitled to anything more than the newest newbie or an old n00bie. While clearly you are under the impression that your **** smells sweeter than the rest of us, I can only tell you how wrong you are. The FTW gameplay is stale because of the FTW players. Maybe if you spread out your "invaluable" core of FTW players, and took on a few newer players, you might not have trouble filling out an alliance of 20 people.

And making 10 man allies would not make it "a little bit worse" as you so casually put it for the lower ranked, not-FTW allies. It would make alliance play "for fun" downright intolerable and borderline impossible. So while you might have 3-4 FTW allies, you would have nothing under that, which to me seems rather counter productive. Wouldn't it be fun to have masses of solos around again? yeah. Cool. let's ruin gameplay for 600 players, so we 60 can have a good time. **** off. Pathetic.

Not to mention Azzer's point that we all started out as "newbies" and had we been utterly ignored/sidelined and deemed unimportant, we wouldn't be here today, and neither would the game.

Don't be such a self centered prick DA. It doesn't suit you.

Last edited:

Ahead

Head Gardener
The trick is to make people not care about getting raped senseless lower down

This. If being killed/zeroed is made to be not such a huge deal and kick in the teeth, then 10 man alliances *can* work, and the fact that people in lower alliances might die overnight won't cause them to quit and give up.

Alliance AR if the value of your alliance is below a certain %age of the values of all alliances put together maybe? Unless at war with an alliance, then alliance AR can be removed for the two alliances in the war. This would stop the top alliance bashing a smaller, inactive alliance as well as making the "war" function actually have a purpose?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
azzer and asmo posted, this thread is complete. close it down!. wooo. although DA was gven a thrashing from azzer and alcibiades...I'd just like to give you a clear indication/proof of the ftf being the ones funding the game from what i have seen. as i know when i was in DW and on the losing side generally. you were more determined and happier to spend credits. gadfly for example is happy to spend some money on game cash on a semi regular basis, i know i do when i can....but when your in a FTW alliance you have such great land mass that the amount of gamecash you can get from your credits is not worth it because you make so much anyway. The only thing FTW players may purchase is the blueprint which isnt garenteed. I Know commie, rarely tries to get in a high flying alliance. bu he always buys a blueprint and has paid before for another 3 players blueprints in one round. (technically 2 other players as red restarted if memory serves correct)

So im with everyone else. FTW unfortunately do not support the game as much as some one playing FTF, on a general overall basis and quite often on an individual basis.

Frijj

Harvester
As many have said the 25 votes for 10 man alliances is tiny compared to the actual amount of players. Is there possibly a way to put an actual vote in Bushtarion. So when players log in they see it. Like the DOFG vote. So on their overview a link to this forum or maybe a new forum where they can vote on what they want. Just an idea.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As many have said the 25 votes for 10 man alliances is tiny compared to the actual amount of players. Is there possibly a way to put an actual vote in Bushtarion. So when players log in they see it. Like the DOFG vote. So on their overview a link to this forum or maybe a new forum where they can vote on what they want. Just an idea.

It's not a feature I trust to player votes. Bushtarion's not a democracy! I take on board all suggestions, all viewpoints, opinions, discussions, and many suggestions make it through in their original form, others edited, others put on the back-burner for "Possible future inclusion", and others still rejected.

Smaller alliances won't be brought in in the immediate future, vote or no vote, so there's little point in spending time asking for people's help on this decision :p

If people want to concentrate on increasing competitiveness, as I said before, they need to either look at facilities to provide further challenge beyond the game's "default" challenge for alliances that pull ahead early enough for the rest of the playerbase to make a difference, or features to enhance resistances. (or take matters in to their own hands as per Martin's idea on splitting up the "FTW" players and maybe taking on board some non-FTW players in the mix too to train up new people as part of the process of "mixing the teams up")

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Saying Azzer has clearly expressed that alliance sizes will not be altered is there any point having these discussions going on more pages?

In other words... LOCK :D

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Nobody posted after him but you.

Quit being like this Cheese. You're such a troll.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Nobody posted after him but you.

Quit being like this Cheese. You're such a troll.

Um Azzer said no about 3 pages ago.
Azzer said no again 3/4 posts ago people still argued.
Grow up Iamsmart seriously it doesn't make you cool.
And learn what a troll is then think about how stupid your post is.

So quit being like this Iamsmart. Act your age.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
So to suddenly deem 90% of the players "irrelevant" and "unimportant" is a painfully stupid thing to have done. Even you should know better DA.

Firstly, most blatant case of putting words in someones mouth I've ever seen on these forums.

As your entire post is based on your belief that I don't consider ftf players a valuable part of the playerbase, please go read my post that clearly states

me said:
Again, I'm not trying to say these players aren't valuable

I would respond in full to your last post but as you've proved once again you can't make a point without being both hostile and abusive I'm not going to bother. Tbf you've just made yourself look like an emo with that rant. Try a constructive response that doesn't involve tears + omfgz and I'll give you the time of day.

-

So to suddenly deem 90% of the players "irrelevant" and "unimportant" is a painfully stupid thing to have done. Even you should know better DA.

Firstly, most blatant case of putting words in someones mouth I've ever seen on these forums.

As your entire post is based on your belief that I don't consider ftf players a valuable part of the playerbase, please go read my post that clearly states

[q]But again, are these people as valuable as our ftw playerbase, who pay to support the game by way of purchasing BPs/pre-booking IDs etc. [/q]
Your exact words.
You are merely implying that they are less valuable than the FTW players, which is indeed a very arrogant and stupid thing to say.

Whether you read my post as that or not, that is a far cry from interpreting what I said as "ftf players are "worthless" "irrelevant"", as an argumentative Alci has suggested I said/implied.

Nobody is saying FTF players shouldn't be given as much consideration as FTW players. I'm saying our FTW "core" players, who return round after round, should be considered as important despite being far fewer in number. Whenever a new change is suggested there has to be a balance between what is going to benefit gameplay for each very different group of players, obviously something that is completely unfair for either side is out of the question, but (and perhaps this is shortsightedness on my behalf, I've never really played ftf) I can't think of that many downsides for ftf players. Azzer, and others can, which is why this proposal has been rejected. Fair enough.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
And learn what a troll is then think about how stupid your post is.

So quit being like this Iamsmart. Act your age.

img_char7.jpg

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

But again, are these people as valuable as our ftw playerbase, who pay to support the game by way of purchasing BPs/pre-booking IDs etc.
Your exact words.
You are merely implying that they are less valuable than the FTW players, which is indeed a very arrogant and stupid thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.