Discussion to a suggestion... how to make the rounds more competitive?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
You just aren't good enough if you aren't active or contactable.

Haven't we had this discussion before?

:p

Um...
Ask anyone in GC I was impossible to get a hold of when not online... but still finished rank 1, so I am slightly inclined to disagree with you smartypoo

I think casting the illusion you are impossible to hit is one of the most important factors in maintaining a position like that. As well as the fact your alliance must have your back like a buttcrack.

Think you misread me Dax... I was making the point I wasn't impossible to hit :p

And Iamsmart I think those 2 posts prove I aint lying. So I aint making myself look stupid thank you ;)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
You just aren't good enough if you aren't active or contactable.

Haven't we had this discussion before?

Um...
Ask anyone in GC I was impossible to get a hold of when not online... but still finished rank 1, so I am slightly inclined to disagree with you smartypoo

I think casting the illusion you are impossible to hit is one of the most important factors in maintaining a position like that. As well as the fact your alliance must have your back like a buttcrack.

Think you misread me Dax... I was making the point I wasn't impossible to hit :p

And Iamsmart I think those 2 posts prove I aint lying. So I aint making myself look stupid thank you ;)

Nono Chz, my point was, creating the illusion of invincibility, whether you are or not. It wasn't direct implication to you! ;D

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sooooo. BACK to the original suggestion. ignoring alliance size discussion, activity vs skill discussion. and how important contactability is or isnt.......

The idea has mainly support with only small simple problems, of potential backstabbing, which can be circumvented by the leaders picking people trustworthy.

and any shiop jumping could be got around by the suggestion of locking players and give the leader power to kick still.

And hopefuly any one leading would have sense enough to not want to get spies in other alliances for a cheap win, and not join in the pick a player setup if they weren't going to honour it, they can just say, no i dont want to play like that.

so martin you able to start a list on you're first post of people that would like to lead...if people start putting thier name forward?

Davs

Garden Designer
I just thought of another issue - what if the leaders who put themselves forward aren't as snazzy as they think they are?

Quite a few rounds have been decided by decisions made by alliance leaders. I'm assuming that the system would be something like picking a football team in a school PE session - each captain takes turns to pick 1 member of their team at a time. I can see some people being quite unhappy if part-way through a round they discover that their leader is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Arguably the round was won by BB, the leader, deciding to let you join the alliance and disband Asphyxia.

Just saying, it's not all black and white.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Do ninjas do good against...anything on their own?

Not particularly. ¬_¬

Anyway, to whoever said what if the captains sucked, people can put their names forward and then be voted on so the 3 that people want to be the captain the most are chosen.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Not particularly. ¬_¬

Anyway, to whoever said what if the captains sucked, people can put their names forward and then be voted on so the 3 that people want to be the captain the most are chosen.

I can start a list or people can PM me if they want to be part of it? Tbh it needs certain people to put their names forward for this, or there will be these 3 alliances and still one of the FTW leaders takes everyone else :p

but should I be the one to draft it, as I will probably expect to play a part?

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Not particularly. ¬_¬

I can start a list or people can PM me if they want to be part of it? Tbh it needs certain people to put their names forward for this, or there will be these 3 alliances and still one of the FTW leaders takes everyone else :p

but should I be the one to draft it, as I will probably expect to play a part?

Do it. People should put their names forward to be captains and to to members.

I'll be a member. =)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I'm in.

I don't want to be a leader, but if you have trouble finding any volunteers you can use me as a reserve.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Arguably the round was won by BB, the leader, deciding to let you join the alliance and disband Asphyxia.

Just saying, it's not all black and white.

It was actually Bubbles who got me in.
Bigboss wasn't going to let me and took massive persuation.
You fail, again.

Changer

Head Gardener
Not playing next round, so if you need anyone impartial for any reason then I could do it if I have the time.

Caranthir

Harvester
Edit to be on topic::

Could be an interesting idea, depending on the execution, and of course the involvement.

Not sure what my involvement will be, since I mainly play to play with certain people, whether it is going for a win or just hanging around.

Last edited: