• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Visible Repeat Attack Counter

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think what you're failing to understand is that if you don't know you've already hit someone, there is no way you can know if it's a repeat attack or not. Every attack you go on is a gamble. It might be a repeat attack or it might not. You only know afterwards when you see you've lost 40 honour.

Playing honourable is a playstyle that is now available and IMO a good thing to be encouraged. As toby says atm you can try and be honourable on an attack when in reality (or as far as the game is concerned) you are being dishonourable by attacking that person. This would enable you to always attack honourably if you so wish, which again IMO is a good thing!

atsan said:
anything that promotes repeat attacking, no.

It does the complete opposite of this. At the moment I may find a good target in my 70% range that I actually attacked a couple of weeks ago but dont remember doing so. As it is now regardless of whether i am trying to attack honourably or not i will attack this person.

If this is brought in, in the same scenario if i am trying to play honourably i will not attack that person, as i can see i have a repeat attack counter on him.

Davs

Garden Designer
Rather than having a thing saying when you attacked them, just have it say "You have attacked this player X times"

That way you don't know if the counter is active or not, but you know it's a repeat attack.

Not to mention the fact that players who repeat attack intentionally know exactly who they've hit - so having this added won't change anything.

Souls

Official Helper
Rather than having a thing saying when you attacked them, just have it say "You have attacked this player X times"

That way you don't know if the counter is active or not, but you know it's a repeat attack.

Not to mention the fact that players who repeat attack intentionally know exactly who they've hit - so having this added won't change anything.

tobapopalos said:
This could be something in the ID tooltip to the extent of "You currently have a repeat attack counter on this ID" or it could be a seperate page with all the IDs you currently have repeat attack counters on.

That's about the fifth time someone's said that :p

Davs

Garden Designer

tobapopalos said:
This could be something in the ID tooltip to the extent of "You currently have a repeat attack counter on this ID" or it could be a seperate page with all the IDs you currently have repeat attack counters on.

That's about the fifth time someone's said that :p

I interpreted their way of phrasing it as something SLIGHTLY (albeit very slight) different.

Souls

Official Helper
I believe the general idea was just an indicator saying that if you attacked this target, you would lose honour for repeat attacking; not an actual value, or the actual number or how long until it goes away.

Davs

Garden Designer
I believe the general idea was just an indicator saying that if you attacked this target, you would lose honour for repeat attacking; not an actual value, or the actual number or how long until it goes away.

fair enough, I think because of the bit where it said "you will lose honour" implied that the marker would disappear when it does go away.

But if it doesn't, that would be ideal imo

Lupus

Head Gardener
tim has the best idea as having something saying "you are a treacherous ne'erdowell who has attacked this fair player previously"

but as to having a number i dont think so. I think having a buffer time as well so the message will still appear for a time even after the counter has dropped to 0.