• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Ignore thread

Garrett

Landscape Designer
not for 2 more decades kind sir. have you registered to vote yet?

Souls

Official Helper
What's wrong with just not clicking on the thread? :S

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
because then it's still all up in my face, and i'd rather just be able to ignore it in it's entirety so i don't have to mark forums read; or click the thread just to make it vanish from my 'new posts' ****. I just want to be able to ignore threads so they vanish entirely from my sphere of attention.

Mattheus

Head Gardener

I admit it's a little obsessive-compulsive, but I can't stand looking at the forums with threads still marked unread after a good read through. So any threads I have no vested interest in I either have to click on just so it's marked read, or use the mark forums read feature.

Unfortunately for me the very threads that would hastily find themselves on my ignore list are those terribly annoying myspace-esque 'word association'/'3 word story' abominations that are posted in approximately a thousand times a day. You can imagine the stress that gives my OCD riddled brain.

Ofc I could just make a good ol' gripe thread about those very threads, about how they're the stupidest thing on the internet since 'WTF KOMODO'. But I decided to try and be that little more productive and find a potential solution, since some people apparently get a kick out of them. Plus I'm sure some people apart from me could find use for it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
But if such a tool exists, it's gotta be less than a 5 minute jobbie. And I know more than a few players would use such a function. I know I surely would.

Also to use your example, it's a bit lame to have to ignore someone in PM ingame, but I know it happens. That's reasonable to me, so why not extrapolate that to threads? I just don't see any valid reasons for not wanting this done.

Last edited:

Mattheus

Head Gardener

it's a bit lame being that bothered that you need to entirely ignore a thread. it's not as if their are a vast number of active threads on these forums anyway.
Notice how I bumped this thread on the same day the word association thread was remade ¬¬

Davs

Garden Designer