• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Honour gains for distracting etc.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Yes I understand that gaining honour from distracting is and should be significantly less than killing, and no I am in no way saying it should be the same.

From attacking between 40-60% my score and distracting very few staff I get the following honour losses:
You lost 57.35 honour.
You lost 59.12 honour.
You lost 19.88 honour. (distracting 10bil)

Now I chose to hit at 76% my range and get the following:
Distracted: 33,355,131 [£279,855,102,800] enemies distracted.
Died: 253,933 [£733,588,400] friendlies dead.

You gained 80,692 effectiveness.
You gained 26.74 fame.
You gained 7.32 honour.

2nd tick there were 2 defenders both above 50% my score and get the following:
Distracted: 1,115,480 [£3,289,283,200] friendlies distracted. 35,579,423 [£237,135,862,800] enemies distracted.
Died: 11,222,776 [£32,155,681,200] friendlies dead.

You gained 72,464 effectiveness.
You gained 20.73 fame.
You gained 10.00 honour.

So for even a slight chance of getting my hoour to be positive I'm going to have to do so many attacks at 70% gaining 30 honour per attack on average which obviously could take a while.

My suggestion is either make the honour losses for distracting less or slightly buff the honour you gain for distracting. But of course keep it so you get less honour for distracting than for killing for obvious reasons.
Just so it is at least slightly possible for a PoM player to get out of the red.

Can I also ask that people don't spam the thread with rubbish and instead post their opinion whether they like it or not and hopefully with some reasons :)

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I completely agree. The only way I've been landing is with losing huge amounts of honour, and when I'm attacking 75%+ I'm getting like 12 honour back a tick. It seems to be 4 honourable attacks to make up for one land grab atm.

Elevnos

BANNED
a pom should be able to attack the people around themselves without many losses anyway, that's one of the reasons for pom's uber stats

Ahead

Head Gardener
I don't think it's just a problem for distracting, I've noticed that honour in general is a bit dodgy still. For example, if you have a pure flak incoming, you seem to get a lot more honour if you lose the land than if you buy up and block it. Bit strange really as losing land isn't honourable at all..

Ram

Head Gardener
I seem to lose honour faster than I can gain it killing....
I lost 15 honour for killing 2 units, wtf?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
a pom should be able to attack the people around themselves without many losses anyway, that's one of the reasons for pom's uber stats

Where have I said anything about losses? I am talking about honour gains/losses... at least read my post before you post something stupid again Elevnos.

Elevnos

BANNED

Where have I said anything about losses? I am talking about honour gains/losses... at least read my post before you post something stupid again Elevnos.

I meant you should be able to attack the people around you without losses if you're a PoM. That way you CAN attack the people near you to get honour and land rather than just getting smaller people.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think its probably fair that honour losses should be proportional to honour gains if the poms can gain less honour cos they dont kill then probably fair if they lose less if they dont kill the enemy.

but that aside landing on a taget will net you a large loss any way if below 70% so would still be hard to make that back.

you were losing alot of honour attacking half your size i would like to think if you attacked someone close to twice your size you would gain that same amount of h/f whether thats one person or a group of defenders.

i think its a fair and good suggestion.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

I meant you should be able to attack the people around you without losses if you're a PoM. That way you CAN attack the people near you to get honour and land rather than just getting smaller people.

Ok thanks for that.
Read my post again.
I am attacking at 70% now as I said, so telling me I CAN attack the people near me is kind of stupid... um isn't it already obvious I know this as I have told you I am ALREADY doing this.

willy: none of those losses are from stealing land, they are all from blocking with about 500k-1m loudspeakers.

tomtree

Head Gardener
have to say i agree with cheese!

i got a fair bit of negative honour attacking bots early on in the round which is fair enough. however, i've been in quite a few honourable battles since then, many of which i have lost a fairly large ammount of troops yet my honour has barely gone up...

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
defending myself against someone 152% my size:

Distracted: 46,078,233 [£246,644,059,000] enemies distracted.
Disabled: 6,398 [£375,270,000] enemies disabled.

You gained 26,678 effectiveness.
You gained 2.83 fame.
You gained 10.94 honour.

That's a joke right?

That's last tick. Middle tick:

Distracted: 29,098,735 [£180,180,525,000] enemies distracted.

You gained 19,459 effectiveness.
You gained 2.81 fame.
You gained 10.69 honour.

I get the exact same. yet I distract 60 bil more close tick. That just seems illogical.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There will always be some random variance in multiple ticks of a same battle, because the battle itself has random variance in what exact units you end up hitting and in what ratios (ie that time you hit 1 mil gardeners 10k geos, this tick you hit 11k geos and 999k gardeners, etc.).

The honour gained from distracting/disabling is less than for killing, and this is by design. It would be nonsensical if disabling or distracting a unit granted the same gains, because you can distract the same unit that's attacking you three times in a single combat alone, let alone future combats - the unit still exists!

That being said, I do remember many previous rounds with honour/fame in where protestor routes tended to get very high ranked with honour & fame, purely because of the nature of the route in combat as a whole.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
There will always be some random variance in multiple ticks of a same battle, because the battle itself has random variance in what exact units you end up hitting and in what ratios (ie that time you hit 1 mil gardeners 10k geos, this tick you hit 11k geos and 999k gardeners, etc.).

The honour gained from distracting/disabling is less than for killing, and this is by design. It would be nonsensical if disabling or distracting a unit granted the same gains, because you can distract the same unit that's attacking you three times in a single combat alone, let alone future combats - the unit still exists!

That being said, I do remember many previous rounds with honour/fame in where protestor routes tended to get very high ranked with honour & fame, purely because of the nature of the route in combat as a whole.

Yeh I wasn't asking for it to be the same as killing a unit, just either the losses be slightly smaller or gains just slightly bigger.

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm with Cheese on this. By all means, keep the gains lower for disabling and distracting than for kills - but raise them a little bit. The way it is now does seem a little bit harsh against PoMs.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
[18:41] <Flip> [range] 1 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 15 hostile staff.
[18:41] * P sets mode: +l 83
[18:42] <Flip> Died: 15 [£33,000] enemies dead.
[18:42] <Flip> You gained 14.56 honour.

Now killing 15 gardeners is it really more honourable than blocking 300bil?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
[18:41] <Flip> [range] 1 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 15 hostile staff.
[18:41] * P sets mode: +l 83
[18:42] <Flip> Died: 15 [£33,000] enemies dead.
[18:42] <Flip> You gained 14.56 honour.

Now killing 15 gardeners is it really more honourable than blocking 300bil?

wounder what range that is. well i definately have my farming stratergies figured out. its all about relative sizes. i reckon i could get whiteknights within the first 24-36 hours of the next round. :D