• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

H/F Rating to show in hover over thing!

Ezekiel

Harvester
I'm cleary fighting a losing battle here.

So if I told you my I'd right now, would you be able to find my h/f? Not unless you were within 15 ids of me. So how is that fully public? Right now, the fact it that you can't 99% of the time see their h/f means WK and WW own flak and help defenders.

If you change it, I can simply see "Oh, he's only got 2050 h/f, probably barely any WK I'll attack." or "****, he's got 3980 h/f, better send a few let's or a lot more flak to be safe".

Either way, negative impact, especially for solos.

Only arguments I see is "it's public stat" (which is not an argument for affecting game strats, ESP since it's not that public of a stat). And "it's a detterent" which I've already pointed as to why it isn't.By that logic make AR modifiers public, "as a deterrent"....

Dave said why make it public at all. Well yeah, let's hide it then. Doesn't do much other than cause this problem.

And once hacks are out, none of this matters. So this basically just degrades their early game ( all 4-5 days of it).

Davs

Garden Designer

So if I told you my I'd right now, would you be able to find my h/f? Not unless you were within 15 ids of me. So how is that fully public? Right now, the fact it that you can't 99% of the time see their h/f means WK and WW own flak and help defenders.

If you change it, I can simply see "Oh, he's only got 2050 h/f, probably barely any WK I'll attack." or "****, he's got 3980 h/f, better send a few let's or a lot more flak to be safe".

Only arguments I see is "it's public stat" (which is not an argument for affecting game strats, ESP since it's not that public of a stat). And "it's a detterent" which I've already pointed as to why it isn't.By that logic make AR modifiers public, "as a deterrent"....

Dave said why make it public at all. Well yeah, let's hide it then. Doesn't do much other than cause this problem.

And once hacks are out, none of this matters. So this basically just degrades their early game ( all 4-5 days of it).

It wouldn't be too hard, as from your ID one could find out your title. From knowing your title I can ask many other people with a similar title and probably eventually find the number. Yes, it's long-winded and a pain in the arse, but achievable nonetheless.

Although, if it was kept a private stat, I wouldn't complain - but then again, I'm against WKs being introduced during the flak wars anyway, as they're too powerful for that stage of the game.

And as for comparing it to AR mods... No. Just no.

Ezekiel

Harvester

It wouldn't be too hard, as from your ID one could find out your title. From knowing your title I can ask many other people with a similar title and probably eventually find the number. Yes, it's long-winded and a pain in the arse, but achievable nonetheless.

Although, if it was kept a private stat, I wouldn't complain - but then again, I'm against WKs being introduced during the flak wars anyway, as they're too powerful for that stage of the game.

Wouldn't be too hard cmon now, doesn't sound easy to me. Chance of getting someone in the same area is slim anyway.

What you have said though is you think they are too strong, which is where this grip comes from, and would be the better debate, not this.

And I'm not comparing it to ar mod, I'm applying th bad logic other arguments are made of.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

Wouldn't be too hard cmon now, doesn't sound easy to me. Chance of getting someone in the same area is slim anyway.

What you have said though is you think they are too strong, which is where this grip comes from, and would be the better debate, not this.

And I'm not comparing it to ar mod, I'm applying th bad logic other arguments are made of.

i gave up reading the arguments against after about half-way through the 2nd page as they seem to completely miss the point.
As has been said an unnecessarily large number of times h/f rating is a value which is already publicly viewable. This essentially means that putting in the tooltip will add no extra disadvantage to the target player.
What has also been (imo) needlessly repeated is that the h/f rating doesn't actually tell anyone how many wks or wws are present - just an indication that there may be some.

All this suggestion is saying is that it would be nice for a public stat to be made visible to all players, otherwise it's pointless making it public at all if only a handful of people can see it. As wks are devastating so early in the round (which is why i think they shouldn't be gained until later in the round, possibly at the same time as the land cap gets introduced, or just at a fixed number of ticks after round start - i haven't really thought about it that much) people can get seriously hurt by an attack in which they've walked into something they never had a chance of dealing with.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? :/

!winner!

!winner!

As has been stated before, you can have 2million WK's by just having 2050 h/f so i don't know WTF you're still going on bout Ezekiel
WK start to appear and grow in numbers as soon you reach a certain amount of H/F

All that Cheese originally asked for is.. Show the H/F rate in the hover, so you can actually expect WK's to fight against you..

Not too damn hard to understand is it?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Read the title of the thread. Now read every post I have made, and please point out anywhere I have even hinted that WK are too strong...
There's a phrase on the streets for people like you... 'Chat ****, Chat ****, Chat ****.'

Ezekiel

Harvester
please point out anywhere I have even hinted that WK are too strong...
There's a phrase on the streets for people like you... 'Chat ****, Chat ****, Chat ****.'

If WK weren't pwning flak nobody would care if they knew if a target had them. It's called inferring something.

Like I said, i've put in my 2 cents, the rest of you can banter between yourselves.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
people send at targets during flak wars and die to WK, when its still meant to be flak wars, it just goes against the grain for me.

I see no reduction in there lethal capabilities by it being seen on tooltip. It helps the people looking for targets, and the negative affect on the player who has been honourable is barely anything (reduce inc reduce h/f gains from defence.

At the end of the day either way, if its not clear who has them the whole beginning of the round. the game will be a different stratergy. People will mark a target when hit (in player notes) to not repeat attack. farm some h/f and they can have walk in suicide flak fun till hacks. and unless people can chose to avoid others with WK the game will change.

...and a bit down the road when every one has the skills and tricks to farm h/f for early rounds, flak wars will be no more. but if thats the way it goes so be it. i just didnt like the concept of the final result.

Last edited:

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
please point out anywhere I have even hinted that WK are too strong...

If WK weren't pwning flak nobody would care if they knew if a target had them. It's called inferring something.

Like I said, i've put in my 2 cents, the rest of you can banter between yourselves.

so you admit you are unable to show me saying Wk are overpowered. If I thought WK were overpowered I would have made a thread suggesting they were nerfed. Please don't assume in future. It has Ass, U, and Me in it and that aint something I'm interested in.