• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Friends Only for Account Mail

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
But the point is, its already implemented. No reason to take it out now, and it should be balanced to both ID and account mails.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The point is that I do not like getting random mails from people. Lets face it, most players are fairly retarded, and the only way to avoid getting annoying, badly written, lol!!1!1! infested mails from targets, defenders, or sometimes random people going "zomg don't attack that guy or I'll kill you" is to use friends only mail.

The ignore list isn't an option, since I don't know in advance who is going to mail me. It really isn't much help just stopping them mailing me more than once. I don't want that initial mail. I don't want to talk to these people.

So I use friends only mail. I've added pretty much everyone I might want to talk to, so anyone not on my friends list is someone I do not want to talk to. This way I don't have to read stupid mails. But now they just account mail me instead, which negates the whole purpose of friends only mail since anyone can account mail me.

And I'm pretty sure if there was a failsafe way to stop people from sending you retarded emails, telephone calls etc. plenty of people would love to use it.

Just because you wouldn't use friends only for account mail doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented, dafe.

And it wasn't the single mail from you that made me made this thread. Notice how I have used the plural terms "mails" and "people" in this thread.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
So what you really are looking for is.. isolation?
Just you and your friends.
You are not willing to meet any new people?
Most people meet new people by "random" mailings.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Well I'm not most people. I'm me.

And no, not isolation. I'm happy talking to people I know and like. I don't like getting random mails because the people who send random mails are generally assholes. I don't want to meet new people. Maybe you do, but I don't.

Is this really so hard to believe? :/

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Dafe: those are not 100% foolproof but surely you agree it's better than nothing? In fact a friends list only optipn is 100% foolproof, assuming they don't multi. Even if you don't agree your point still does not really stand, if you do not want to use the function then don't. But since this function ALREADY exists elsewhere why not transfer it since at least some people will use it. You have raised absolutely no valid bushtarion related reasons for why this should not be implemented. It would be a comparatively simple thing to do i should imagine (although i refuse to be held to that statement if it turns out to be impossible :D) and makes complete sense.

Iamsmart: the arguing was totally irrelevant but blame dafe for being stubborn

So what you really are looking for is.. isolation?
Just you and your friends.
You are not willing to meet any new people?
Most people meet new people by "random" mailings.

Yes. People i wish to meet i'll probably meet on IRC in #bushtarion or elsewhere bush related. I am willing to meet new people, but i'm a wee bit picky :p It is distinctly possible most people meet new people by random mailings, but it seems like the problem here is more related to someone who has ALREADY been blocked, and is now being persistent in resorting to mailing his Account Mail to continue said harassment. So it seems more like not meeting new people, as 'trying to keep people already blocked, completely blocked'.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Our message could not be sent to can't teach The ID of Toby [0.0] as they have the Friend Only option enabled.

I thought we were friends :(