guess its goodbye

dafe

Harvester
some may know me, most probably dont but just wanted to say (im pretty certain) i wont be playing next round or any round after that. playing since round 9 the game finally got too boring (and frustrating) to play, solos dont have a chance anymore, top allies requires 24/7 contactability, real activity just doesnt count anymore, so..

goodbye.

Ezekiel

Harvester
Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer

Ezekiel

Harvester
Solos don't have a chance? lol.

Sorry but that is utter bullshit.

Non ftw is probably what he meant. Ftw meaning online 24/7.

how can you not have a chance to not play ftw? :S

Becase it's impossible to play casually? Unless your idea of playing bush is doing nothing but rebuilding everyday. Barely any attacking, tech-ing, growning.

lmao

I wouldn't say it if I didn't know exactly where he was comin from.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Becase it's impossible to play casually? Unless your idea of playing bush is doing nothing but rebuilding everyday. Barely any attacking, tech-ing, growing.

Only if you're a scorequeen.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

You really have no idea what activity and perceived activity is.

You are more active if:

* you log on for 2 minutes, send an attack, log off, come back 1 hour later, check target, come back 1 or 2 hours later for 20 seconds and repeat all day.

than

* you are online for 8 hours solid at your pc, refreshing all the time.

I know i've played rounds where i am barely "active" but just do what needs to be done.
Bush takes 30 seconds every few hours.

I would say if you timed yourself, and you were not a co-ordinator in an alliance - and just a normal member - you could easily "play" bush actually at the pc for 10 minutes max out of the 24 hours in a day - spread out - and i bet i could be more useful and more succesful than someone who plays for 8 hours solid.

Activity is bolocks, half the people i ever play with are hardly about.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I wouldn't say you could be successful with 10 minutes a day - But the point you're making is correct, except isn't he talking about solodom?

:p

Davs

Garden Designer

how can you not have a chance to not play ftw? :S

Becase it's impossible to play casually? Unless your idea of playing bush is doing nothing but rebuilding everyday. Barely any attacking, tech-ing, growning.

lmao

I wouldn't say it if I didn't know exactly where he was comin from.

As a solo player, who's chosen to pick a route filled with flaws (SO without teching SAs) I'm yet to get to a stage where I feel the game is impossible to play. Am I playing ftw? Most certainly not, I sure as hell wouldn't have picked this route if I was. Am I using sleep mode? Nope, I never have since R15 (when I started) and I don't intend to start now. Do I get zeroed every day? No, I get the occasional wtfpwn which is a nuisance, but the amount of insurance I get always makes it easy to rebuild in no time at all. And surely if you're NOT playing ftw you don't care about your score anyway?? And in case you think this in any way hampers your ability to play, I've manage to get in the top 60 for bounty hunting - which I know isn't an awesome achievement, but for someone giving a pretty half-arsed attempt at the game isn't exactly shoddy.