• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Server Failage

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
SIGH

You aren't getting it. I know what you're saying, you've said it at least three times in this thread. You obviously aren't getting what I'm saying.

Yes, if you recall all mobs some people might complain that their attack was ruined. some might complain that. Others will be saved because they sent out a mob thinking they'd be on in 50 minutes but the server goes down for 4 hours and they end up triggering AR and dying. They will never have an opportunity to attack again? Get serious.

What I'm saying is the benefits of recalling all mobs MASSIVELY outweighs doing nothing. I don't know why you're saying doing nothing is the best option since the largest complain this time was that you DID do nothing. And you lost several members of the community because of it. Do you think you are going to lose several members of the community because you recalled a single attack? I doubt it. Missing out on a few hundred land and one attack is a lot different from getting your entire army zeroed that you've spent day and night protecting for weeks.

That's my point, if you don't agree with it that's fine, but you don't need to continue quoting the same argument to me - I just don't agree with you.

No Iamsmart you are missing the point you aint getting what Weebles saying, I get exactly what he is saying and agree 100%. And for those that quit the game because the server failed once in the past year how totally pathetic and immature if your tv doesn't turn on once in a year you don't point blank refuse to watch it ever again, seriously grow up

BuBbLeS

Harvester
tbf cheese tl;dr

[Unapproved by DA - Along with 14 other posts that were off-topic/flames]

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
doesn't surprise me you can't read 2.5 lines Bubbles :p

BuBbLeS

Harvester
:( that's unfair. I'm messing about with Cheese and you have to take a cheap shot.

Go kill him Cheese :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Cheese couldn't kill me if he had all round, oh wait... ;)

BuBbLeS

Harvester
haha, bless Cheese. He is after my rank 1 spot :( go stop him Alci :D

*on topic*

as has been said, no matter what Azzer does people will moan.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

I could if you got in my range once in a blue moon alci ;)

And Bubbles I don't think iamsmart is smart enough to understand that mate :p

BuBbLeS

Harvester
i like iamsmart so leave him alone you bully lol

and Weeble what are you doing.... nazi mod stop editing my posts :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
as has been said, no matter what Azzer does people will moan.

I feel that argument is a bit of a cop out.

Surely the idea is to make as few people moan as possible, and make them moan as little as possible?

The way it is at the moment there are only a few people who got screwed, but they got screwed over in a big way. If it was changed so that mobs were recalling instantly then sure, a few people would still moan, but they wouldn't be moaning much because they only lost a potential land grab or whatever. And lets face it, if they did moan everyone would just tell them to grow up. However, getting all your troops wasted because of a stupid server problem I feel is pretty good justification for moaning.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
STOP

Everybody wait. I want a moment of silence for the man who understands logic. I can't believe it took 2 pages, but somebody finally got it!

Thanks Toby.

Edit: And lets face it Cheese, you've added nothing constructive but your bias crap with me to this thread. Please stop harassing me in at least one thread that I post in. Thanks.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I almost said it Marvinder :(

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
STOP

Everybody wait. I want a moment of silence for the man who understands logic. I can't believe it took 2 pages, but somebody finally got it!

Thanks Toby.

Edit: And lets face it Cheese, you've added nothing constructive but your bias crap with me to this thread. Please stop harassing me in at least one thread that I post in. Thanks.

This is not harassment just because I disagree with you does not mean I am harassing you. This is a public forum where you choose to create threads for other people to reply to, you cannot complain at people replying to you're thread, why create it in the first place if that is the case.
I have posted in here because I disagree with your suggestion and also find your stupidity amusing but no I am sorry if you can't take criticism I believe if you stick to just pm'ing yourself you won't have to deal with criticism.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Who said it does?

It happens like once every year or 2 get a grip

Not really a good reason not to implement this idea. Plus someone had already posted that before. Not useful criticism and obvious hostility.

SIGH

You aren't getting it. I know what you're saying, you've said it at least three times in this thread. You obviously aren't getting what I'm saying.

Yes, if you recall all mobs some people might complain that their attack was ruined. some might complain that. Others will be saved because they sent out a mob thinking they'd be on in 50 minutes but the server goes down for 4 hours and they end up triggering AR and dying. They will never have an opportunity to attack again? Get serious.

What I'm saying is the benefits of recalling all mobs MASSIVELY outweighs doing nothing. I don't know why you're saying doing nothing is the best option since the largest complain this time was that you DID do nothing. And you lost several members of the community because of it. Do you think you are going to lose several members of the community because you recalled a single attack? I doubt it. Missing out on a few hundred land and one attack is a lot different from getting your entire army zeroed that you've spent day and night protecting for weeks.

That's my point, if you don't agree with it that's fine, but you don't need to continue quoting the same argument to me - I just don't agree with you.

No Iamsmart you are missing the point you aint getting what Weebles saying, I get exactly what he is saying and agree 100%. And for those that quit the game because the server failed once in the past year how totally pathetic and immature if your tv doesn't turn on once in a year you don't point blank refuse to watch it ever again, seriously grow up

Again, hostility, probably trying to wind me up and begging for a fight as usual. One of the worst analogies I've ever seen - But I won't even bother pointing out why to you because I know you're smarter than that.

Wait...Another post insulting me? What does that make? Three out of three? Nothing to do with the topic either. Shrug.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Who said it does?

It happens like once every year or 2 get a grip

Not really a good reason not to implement this idea. Plus someone had already posted that before. Not useful criticism and obvious hostility.

SIGH

Again, hostility, probably trying to wind me up and begging for a fight as usual. One of the worst analogies I've ever seen - But I won't even bother pointing out why to you because I know you're smarter than that.

Wait...Another post insulting me? What does that make? Three out of three? Nothing to do with the topic either. Shrug.

Why thank you for going to such effort to make your post look so perty.
Point 1, it is criticism it's pointing out I disagree and why I disagree so what if somebody else has the same opinion as me :eek: the world will not end don't worry.
Point 2, As far as I was aware your ID is in sleepmode so I assumed you hadn't quit the game so wasn't actually aimed at you well the part about quitting the game the lack of intelligence part that was mostly aimed at you.
Point 3, Use a ridiculous statement as your nick well you are asking for such comments honestly.

If you find this hostile I am deeply sorry it is mere light hearted humour, this kinda stuff normally winds up the 14year old chavs down my street but hey works on big kids too :D

I get the nick now I guess, it's like Little John out of Robin Hood, he was named that because he was so big. So Iamsmart must be named that because... I'll let you work it out clever boy :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Is it possible for you two to not spam up a thread with your stupid posts?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Please try to stick to the topic at hand, fellas.

-

I'm for the argument that at least someone, somewhere, would be upset if this or any other mechanism was implemented to try and change the impact of the server failing.

Dunno if someone has already said - but I'd be pretty annoyed if I was af3, had determined I could beat the defence and was looking at a large amount of land - only to have my mob pulled. That represents a loss too.

Don't try and fix this, is what I say. Purely because this happens like once every year, if that, and when it does it impacts on a handful of users.