Sad times

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
And if you cut out the top 3 teams in the premier league it would be close between Tottenham, Aston Villa, Liverpool etc.

It just wouldn't be as interesting.

Point taken.

But what's interesting about one alliance storming off infront to be 3x as big as the alliance beneath it? :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
And if you cut out the top 3 teams in the premier league it would be close between Tottenham, Aston Villa, Liverpool etc.

It just wouldn't be as interesting.

Point taken.

But what's interesting about one alliance storming off infront to be 3x as big as the alliance beneath it? :p

Because those are the best players competing. That's why the Champions League will always be better than the Europa League.

After the round has been won the top alliance usually has little impact on the rest of the round. They occasionally attack ranks 2 and 3 or whoever is in range. But the good alliances who don't win usually still have something to do. Warring with each other or maybe resisting against rank 1, or just smashing the hell out of smaller alliances (which isn't as fun).

But since two of the other decent alliances have now deleted there really isn't anything interesting left to do. We could've warred with Mediocrity or Barcodes, or joined forces and tried to take down GC (improbable but still vaguely possible).

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
we can thank BB for ruining the round :!:

images

wtf, didn't Twigley ruin the round? I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about that...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

images

wtf, didn't Twigley ruin the round? I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about that...

The round would have been better had Asph stuck together, there'd have been more competition, so technically, yes. But the round may have wtfdied another way anyway.

The problem is - and has always been; that when rank 1 looks like it has secured a win, usually very earlier on and generally not wholly through skill but politics, or a lack thereof, that the majority of "FTW players" can't be arsed putting in "ftw" effort when "win" isn't even vaguely in sight anymore.

That leaves a bunch of hardcore players at the top, doing sweet F.A, and some guys in the middle, amusing themselves. And things stay much that way for the rest of the round.

This thread is fail - Whether med/BC disband has no impact on the quality of gameplay whatsoever. They weren't going to do anything anyway, their size limited the effect of their actions.

What we need is a bigger playerbase - the dwindling number of players (specifically ftw players, who keep the round interesting throughout) means we're left with an drab and uneventful round wherein all the action has taken place within the first two weeks.

How'd you tackle that? I dno.

[edit]

images

Which round?

= Win.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
you guys seem to be only seeing this from the top 3 alliances point of views. ranks 4-6 are still battling it out and have been nearly all round, the only reason you guys aint seen much of us is theres no point getting too large for the top allies to hit us as its a waste of our time and effort. to be honest berzerk coulda had a shot against BC aswel. heck fly over most of the rank 3-6 allies and most people should have a ton ofseeds saved up just because planting is suicide. don't count us out yet!

Changer

Head Gardener
you guys seem to be only seeing this from the top 3 alliances point of views. ranks 4-6 are still battling it out and have been nearly all round, the only reason you guys aint seen much of us is theres no point getting too large for the top allies to hit us as its a waste of our time and effort. to be honest berzerk coulda had a shot against BC aswel. heck fly over most of the rank 3-6 allies and most people should have a ton ofseeds saved up just because planting is suicide. don't count us out yet!

Win!

Tho if you all planted at once you would have a better chance of not getting killed

Alvestein

Garden Designer
against the top? no chance :p and i don't see us working with the other allies around our rank as they must be destroyed!!

dafe

Harvester
yup this game is dieing at its current state, i restarted like a month ago and am now allready near top 100 for activity, and apart from that the player count keeps getting smaller and smaller as well (even with all the inactives), and ftw? its more about being contactable/able to get on 24/7 then a game of skill and 'real' activity nowadays

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
yup this game is dieing at its current state, i restarted like a month ago and am now allready near top 100 for activity, and apart from that the player count keeps getting smaller and smaller as well (even with all the inactives), and ftw? its more about being contactable/able to get on 24/7 then a game of skill and 'real' activity nowadays

The harsh truth.

Godsend9701

Harvester
changer is right, if you all grew your seeds at once, you will have a better chance of keeping your land and defending against us, but you will have to be active, and join with other alliances to try and take us down, its not that hard to do, but no one ever trust anyone else anymore

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i think 'trust' is currently the least of the problems facing a resistance. Early round trust certainly is a major factor, but at this stage of the round? No i think it is, at best, a minor factor. Complete lack of will, lack of ability, lack of coordination and general lack of activity all are major contributing factors in this, and most other, resistances imo.

And i'd have to say i disagree entirely with your estimation that planting increases our chances of keeping land, i'd have to go with the opposite, it increases the chances of losing land. We might win one or two BRs, maybe even a few more, but the attrition would be more than we could handle imo, unless we took the offensive (we = multiple allies) and tbh, we all know how likely that is ;)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'll have a word with Changer, High Commanding Overlord*, about bringing back TBA, then we'll have at least 3 more FTW alliances, albeit very friendly ones.

:p

Blessed be.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Could you even find 60 players to fill 3 allies? :p not to mention fill a couple extra 'ftw' competitors? I think you'd be hard pressed to do so! ;)