• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bushcast/Bushtube

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
And Cheese, grow up mate.

I can tell that you're joined to the hip with the forums and feel compelled to post every single day, but, some of us have other things to do. Places to go, people to see.

CrimsonFury88 - Posts Per Day: 3.52
Cheese - Posts Per Day: 0.49

I just thought that was an interesting little fact.

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
And Cheese, grow up mate.

I can tell that you're joined to the hip with the forums and feel compelled to post every single day, but, some of us have other things to do. Places to go, people to see.

CrimsonFury88 - Posts Per Day: 3.52
Cheese - Posts Per Day: 0.49

I just thought that was an interesting little fact.

But proves nothing.

It's called an average. Did you not go to school?

Stop trying to incite, it's getting awfully boring.

EDIT: More stats for you tobapopalos.

Cheese: Join Date: Dec 2007
Myself: Join Date: Oct 2009

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Yeah...it's an average which shows you post a lot more often than Cheese. He's been here a lot longer and makes less posts per day. That's why I posted that stat rather than the total posts or join date. So don't try to act like he's some no-life, forum-addicted loser and you're Mr Super-Cool-Out-There-Dealing-With-Real-Life-Joe-Millionaire.

From now on we'll just call you Crimson "I've got better things to do with my time" Fury.

Basically, stop trying to imply that everyone here, except you, doesn't have a life. And that just because people disagree with you that must mean they have personal problems.

It is possible for two normal people to have disagreements without one of them having issues.

Do you really believe you are some exceptional character on these forums that is being actively discriminated against? It seems whenever someone disagrees with you you automatically assume they have some agenda against you personally, and not the ideas you are putting forth. If someone disagrees with your ideas it might just mean they don't like the idea, not that they hate you and want to get rid of you.

If the same people disagree with you more than once then all it says is that you are very different people with different views on the game.

Having said that I would quite like to see you rot in hell for all eternity*.

*may be a joke

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
Yeah...it's an average which shows you post a lot more often than Cheese. He's been here a lot longer and makes less posts per day. That's why I posted that stat rather than the total posts or join date. So don't try to act like he's some no-life, forum-addicted loser and you're Mr Super-Cool-Out-There-Dealing-With-Real-Life-Joe-Millionaire.

Not at all. But I think you'll find that you're a part of the problem. This ALL stemmed from one or two posts in one or two threads, and now you insist on following me into every thread I post in, in some kind of bid to make me out to be the bad guy. What's the big deal? Seriously. It's getting weird now. Please, PM me. We need to talk so that you can both:

a) Understand me, before you continue to judge and make me out to be some form of ill-minded being that has nothing nice or positive to say
b) Say what you need to say without trying to be some form of public-hero.

From now on we'll just call you Crimson "I've got better things to do with my time" Fury.

Will you please stop acting like a Puppet Master and trying to imply that you know what I'm trying to say? If you take every single thing I say on here in a serious light (especially those with :p 's and such), then you're mis-understanding me. You totally disregard Cheese's comment to draw out that response. He expected me to respond the next day. And I commented that I wasn't here 24/7 to reply. Is it so wrong to let a little frustration creep into a response when every post from Cheese and yourself is giving me hassle? All you're doing between yourselves is turning another of my threads into a flame war, to detract from the point.

Are you trying to make me appear as the "Mr Nasty" of the forums?. You're giving back to me, as much as you percieve me to be "dishing out", with no sign of letting up. So who is truly in the wrong?

Basically, stop trying to imply that everyone here, except you, doesn't have a life. And that just because people disagree with you that must mean they have personal problems.

I'm doing no such thing. I've made a few jokes about people needing to log-out once in a while and go out to do RL things. The key word being joke. I have no qualms with what people do in their spare time, or for their amusement. We all know that some people play excessively though, and it's just a joke. I know that all of these people still have lives, and still do RL things. But, if you have serious issues with that, I'll stop doing it. You just need to ask, rather than go to great lengths to bring it up every time I post.

It is possible for two normal people to have disagreements without one of them having issues.

I agree completely. But ALOT of what you and Cheese are posting is getting personal now, and it's quite distressing when you just want to chat about a game that you play to break up your dissertation. Not a pleasant environment at all

Do you really believe you are some exceptional character on these forums that is being actively discriminated against? It seems whenever someone disagrees with you you automatically assume they have some agenda against you personally, and not the ideas you are putting forth. If someone disagrees with your ideas it might just mean they don't like the idea, not that they hate you and want to get rid of you.

I don't assume this in the slightest. Will you stop treating me like an idiot and more like a person? I'm blown away by the sheer amount of disrespect you're showing to me in this post alone.

What I don't agree with is the approach play. The way people put things across. Yourself and Cheese burst in with your "anti" attitude and do your very best to say you don't like my ideas in the most disrespectful way possible. The long-winded, or ridiculously short "this is ****" type post. It adds nothing to the thread. It's not discussion. It's not debate. It's not argument. It's just plain dismissive

If the same people disagree with you more than once then all it says is that you are very different people with different views on the game.

Again. Not implying this, or disagreeing with you. It's the attitude that people take to it that is the worrying thing

Having said that I would quite like to see you rot in hell for all eternity*.

*may be a joke

See above.

Losing interest in even trying to contribute to this game, day-on-day.

Changer

Head Gardener
No wonder your losing interest. You first insult 50% of the playerbase, telling them to **** off cause they're killing the game. Then you decide anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
No wonder your losing interest. You first insult 50% of the playerbase, telling them to **** off cause they're killing the game. Then you decide anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

Adding to the problem or making it worse, Changer?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Adding to the problem or making it worse, Changer?

Lol there you go again another person disagrees with you so you jump straight on their back.

However I have found something I can agree with you on... yes I did join the forums before you :eek:

If you don't believe the post count statistic use the forum to find what posts I have made over the past week for example I can guarantee that it will be less than what you have made.

Take note again if you go further I didn't even post in these forums I merely browsed them to see if anything interesting appeared, then I started reading your posts and thought "omg this guy has no idea what he's talking about can't accept criticism and will be very enjoyable to wind up"
So that's what I did maybe once a day started to wind you up though naturally I still do disagree with 90% of the things that come out of your mouth may I add.

And as you can make real life jokes and find it perfectly acceptable heres one for you:

If you can't accept any form of criticism or disagreement on something obviously so small to your life as a forum how on earth are you expecting to suceed in the big bad real world?

Don't worry as normal I expect any questions to be ignored and any small criticism taken as a personal attack and I look forward to reading your highly amusing childish responce :)

Leah

Pruner
I am normally a big advocate for people having a good attitude in forums, especially toward new people. Patience, understanding, and a bit of a sense of humor are good things to have, and help keep the game and the community fun.

That being said, Cheese's initial suggestion to do a search didn't come across as at all hostile. He mentioned that he had noticed Crimson's request to not be treated like a newbie, so clearly he's payed attention to what he's written before, and made a perfectly reasonable suggestion. If the search turns up no threads that seem to cover the topic of this one, perhaps an appropriate response would have been more along the lines of "Cheese I checked the search and didn't find anything like this. Could you point out which threads you were talking about?"

See how civil that was?

Instead he gets: "As you don't want to be treated like a tit, I won't. So in future, make sound recommendations."

Crimson, if you just want to have friendly conversations about Bushtarion, and make your suggestions, maybe in the future give people the benefit of the doubt? I've seen several times now where people were not trying to be rude to you, or were just joking around, and you took it way personal and got far more insulting in your response than they were in any part of their post. Many of the people here have been playing with each other for a long time and there's a sort of understood sense of humor within this community. You can't get so offended over every little thing.

Also, regardless of whether Cheese, toby, or anyone else was meaning to upset you, your responses every single time have been far more venomous that what was said to you, leading to the impression that you are trying to escalate the situation, not resolve it. You seem to get very personal, very quickly. It is inappropriate and rude, so it is not surprising that you are not getting the friendly discussion you claim to want. People are not going to want to talk with you if it seems that everything they say will be taken wrong and they will be attacked. Calm down a little, maybe ask someone else's opinion before getting upset over a comment that may have been meant as a joke.

As for your suggestion, I think anything that gets Bushtarion's name out there is a good idea, even if it's just a friend looking over another friends shoulder at a podcast and going "what's that?" It may also help keep people interested through the entire round, rather than playing for a week or two and quitting.

I also liked the suggestion of some of the things that need doing being delegated to those within the community that have the time and will to do them, since Azzer can't/won't/whatever. Now we just need to get ahold of Azzer with that idea....

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
For the sake of decency, stop *****ing at each other.

In terms of the suggestion: I like it, but as other (potentially more useful) suggestions haven't been implemented, this is going to be pretty far down on Azzer's "To Do" list.

As regards the petty squabbling: I have to say that initially I took CrimsonFury's side against Cheese as, not entirely surprisingly, Cheese was just being a bit of a cock.

To the pair of you and to anyone else who felt the need to participate in flaming: if someone feels the need to publicly insult you on the forum, just ignore them - it's so much easier.

And as for this:

And again you ignore me crimson, if you aint got anything to say to my response about you bringing RL into the game then stop trying to bring it in.

Thoroughly unnecessary and completely off the topic of the thread.