Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Treedude

Harvester
I will prob get in that mix at some point, saw a couple of you invited me to play last night, apologies for just dingeying it but I was very much enveloped in 15 century Florence assassinating some corrupt fools :p

And surely rank isn't the only measure that they use in Matchmaking DA, the matchmaking is also heavily based on players performance in the previous game (from what I can gather), and we all have to start somewhere, I'm sure even Mattheus was a level 30 once :p
And also people playing in parties won't help, which member of the party do you use as the measure for the skill of the group, highest? lowest? middle?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Also me and one of my housemates have started playing through the special ops missions which are pretty fun and some fairly challenging.

Woop woop!

Aye I love the special ops mode, great addition. Just love how many different missions there are and the ones with one person on some sort of heavy weaponry with the other person on the ground are awesome, brings a whole new dimension to it. I haven't even unlocked all the missions yet, need 3 more stars to get the last set.

I've not got nukes Ezekiel, I think a 25 kill streak is a bit beyond me :p

Yeah, we were playing the one where one of you is in an AC130 and the other has to get across the map last night and even I felt a bit sad at how into it we were getting...I believe my mate used the phrase "he's on your 6" lol!

Thats nothing compared to the british kids I heard the other day

"Take point Tom, Over"

"Roger that, taking point, over"

"Do you have a visual, over?"

"No visual yet - over"

"acknowledged - flanking right, over"

"Tom to John, I'm dead, over"

:/

Aha i hear stuff like that all the time, i swear 95% of the game population is >12 ;\ and on a side note, i do find it highly amusing irritating americans over voice chat, they get wound up so easily.

yeah, some americans are just annoying. They think they are god, and when they get pawned, they start dissing other nationalities, actually, even when they win they still do (ONLY SOME OF THEM) obviously, only the dipshits are the ones getting noticed.

Oh, spec ops is awesome fun. I was playing with my mate last night. We finished almost half of all the missions on three stars. Some were quite hard and took a number of goes, and some were not hard at all (race on snowmobile)
Loved the demolition one (destroy all the cars on the bridge) Just get unlimited ammo with the thumper and just blow up the enemy. The sniping one was good too, although hard.

Btw, im guessing a few of have noticed how some of the missions are taken directly from cod4 ? ie the sniper one at least.

And i dont think the online matches are as hectic as everyone said at the start. Ive had **** matches, but i still get matches were i go good. Unfortunately, the matches were i usually come first on my team, we usually get demolished lol.

Havnt had a kill streak above 7 yet, therefore not gonna bother with nuke. i dont think i ever got a 25 kill streak in cod4.

Did the campaign first. I kinda got lost as to who the bad guys were...i couldnt hear half of what was going on as i had the volume low. But it was short.

I think its all good, but i kinda miss the COD4 maps...

And so far ive had only one match with medium lag. All the rest have have been 1 or two bars (ie ****) I MEAN, WITH 60 THOUSAND PEOPLE PLAYING TEAM DEATHMATCH, HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIND JUST ONE AVAILABLE GAME WITH AN AUSSIE HOST!?!?!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Havnt had a kill streak above 7 yet

Massimo.jpg

Treedude

Harvester
I just discovered that Celtic aren't actually playing tonight so that frees up a good couple of hours for me so *if* I can pry myself away from Assassins Creed 2 then I will try and get in the mixer.

ps. That is a big if, if I knew how to make the font bigger I would have done :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I just got a 17 kill streak :)
Im also pretty disapointed if i dont get harriers now ...
Im getting a hell of alot of 30 - 10's and loving this game more and more as i play!
Its also awesome when you got a full team of talking people.
Just been playing with the same guys for like 4 hours!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
anyone got favorite weapons?

Im level 25 at the moment so havnt unlocked most yet.

Im currently liking a stealthy approach.
SCAR-H with silencer and heartbeat sensor, with cold blooded perk. Waiting to unlock ninja perk...

Also enjoy taking out all the aircraft with stinger and RPD and stopping power pro

Unfortunately i cant really enjoy sniping as im still not very familiar with the maps, but mostly the lag sorta makes it harder.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
m4 or scar.

Stopping power pro, bling bro (Holographic site + increased bullet penetration), steady aim pro.

Predator missile / Harrier / A130.

Magnum with increased bullet, flashbangs and throwing knifes because i like to make the game winning kill funny.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Oh yeah, didnt mention killstreak.

UAV/predator missle/emergency airdrop

I only got my 8 kill streak once, and then the game ended before i got to call in my emergency airdrop. Oh well, since i finished work i think ill hop on for a bit and see how i go :D

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I'm loving M4 with Scavenger (which is one of the best perks imo), Cold-Blooded and Ninja. Using the Stinger as my secondary so I can unlock Cold-Blooded Pro.

Commando, Marathon and Lightweight with akimbo P90s is also amazingly fun, especially on small maps like Rust.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Loadout:

Scar H w/ ACOG scope
Blue tiger striped

Sleight of Hand Pro
(Faster reloading, slightly faster aiming)

Hardline Pro
(kill steaks require 1 less kill)

Scrambler Pro
(Jams nearby enemy radars + Claymore detonation delayed by ~3 seconds)

-

Have unlocked TAR and FAL but will be keeping hold of the SCAR for a couple more levels - M16 I need next, level 40.

Ezekiel

Harvester
The setup I got 72-12 on was

M16 w/ ACOG
Fall Camo

RPGx2

Scavenger Aim Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Semtex, Flash

and ofc, the only good kill streak setup:

Harriers/AC130/Nuke

What's your GT again Twigley?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
My Sheep

I'll be on later.

Also fellow bushies - let's get our act together and pick times for playing because there are like 10 of us who play and many funsies could be had.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
My Sheep

I'll be on later.

Also fellow bushies - let's get our act together and pick times for playing because there are like 10 of us who play and many funsies could be had.

This.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Grr...my internet has been so bad the past few days i litterally cant play...i just got about 2 games then it dropped off so bad i was dead before i could even start moving!!!

sooo gay! :p