• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bushtarion App!

steeljedi

Digger
Hi Azzer/people,

I played bushtarion for about 5 years but had to quit because I couldn't access it at work, well I could but might not have had a job for very long =P. So I was wandering when Azzer was making a bushtarion app for the iphone / Ipod touch, as I could then play in work no bother! =D

I mob isn't half the game bushtarion is and it has taken the iphone by storm, bushtarion or even a cut down bushtarion (maybe one of the older versions with fewer tech routes...less graphics etc) for the iphone would be amazing. So how about it azzer?

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted already (I never checked)
P.P.S. Don't go calling me a rich b***h because I have an iphone, loads of people do! ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/sho...ghlight=mobile

As far as i know work is still underway on this, so once its sorted out you can play from your iphone alot easier.

(Although i have an iphone and play from it while at work all the time and its pretty easy to do everything with the normal bush pages, just requires more scrolling...its far superior to trying to play on other phones)

steeljedi

Digger
To be honest I love the Iphone for game playing :D. The scrolling thing is so annoying for bushtarion on it tho. Whoever is working on the app should look at some of the iMob features, like a tab-bar menu system, alert tone when you receive new mail/news. Bushtarion is the perfect game for the iPhone and if Imob can make millions (like it has) how big could bush be!! :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Ahh, just to clarify whats being made (or planning on being made) isnt an app for the iphone...its just a "lite" version of bush that will be able to be played on all phones through their web browser (and as the iphones browser and internet capabilities are already very good it will be very easy to play bush using this and the iphone).

I dont believe Azzer would make a specific App for the iphone/itouch as aside from it not being applicable to enough users it would probably be fairly costly/time consuming with little reward back. And any sort of alert when you get news/mail would be out of the question as it would be unfair for some players to be able to be automatically notified if they have incoming etc.

Its a nice idea (for us iphone users ;)) but i dont see it happening...Roll on the mobile bush lite though!!!

x

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Just an app that acted as some kind of portal to the game would surely be easy to do?
Azzer?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Just an app that acted as some kind of portal to the game would surely be easy to do?
Azzer?

Tbh, as you said in the other thread twigs, it could be some relatively easy free advertising?

Same with a facebook application, just something simple to get people into the game...

saint1d

Head Gardener
Agree, all it needs is a half decent app for the iphone. Millons of potential users out there who would possibly switch to the full game. Lets face it, so many of the apps that are available seem to be a load of crap, yet people still download them.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I think it would be a great idea to make an app version. If it's an app its like free promotion, people will try it etc. It doesn't have to be all that different to the real site. Just more button like or something. I'd write one, but I'm an Android user.

But it would be great for opening up a new market.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think it would be a great idea to make an app version. If it's an app its like free promotion, people will try it etc. It doesn't have to be all that different to the real site. Just more button like or something. I'd write one, but I'm an Android user.

But it would be great for opening up a new market.

write one... iam an android user and i want :D

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I've got a bit of free time on my hands these days, and I was planning on creating a "Mobile" CSS file for the site, which would basically make it easier to navigate and do stuff in the game.

What I really want to know is which menu sections people use when they're on their phones, as the version I currently am working on would likely be too wide for most phones.

Personally, I think the last two menu sections, "Your Account/ID" and "Other," could basically be left out, for the mobile version.

Comment, suggest, and I'll post the initial test CSS file in a little while, so you can check what it would look like.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The only reason i could think of for keeping the 'Other' section would be for Mibbit. But other than that... not so much.

Deloitte

Pruner
I've got a bit of free time on my hands these days, and I was planning on creating a "Mobile" CSS file for the site, which would basically make it easier to navigate and do stuff in the game.

What I really want to know is which menu sections people use when they're on their phones, as the version I currently am working on would likely be too wide for most phones.

Personally, I think the last two menu sections, "Your Account/ID" and "Other," could basically be left out, for the mobile version.

Comment, suggest, and I'll post the initial test CSS file in a little while, so you can check what it would look like.

still working on this or abandoned ship?

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I haven't looked at in a while, but I've still got a basic version somewhere. Of course, Azzer would have to look it over, decide if it's worth having, etc.

I'm hopefully going to finally get a mobile phone with internet soon, so it will give me a chance to test it out then. I can put it online now, if someone would like to check it from their phone. It would be just a conceptual test, with nothing actually functioning.

Stegosaurus

Pruner
Someone pay the $99 for me to publish iphone apps and I'll make it happen.

Unless a whole bunch of you have jailbroken phones, don't have an iphone myself, but I'd seriously consider throwing one together if there is enough interest

Tiznak

Weeder

I couldn't agree with you more. I would go as far as taking out: statistics, combat stats, alliances, and request help. That would reduce the scrolling a bit more.