• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Variation of game play

saint1d

Head Gardener
After playing the ridiculously boring Mafia Wars on Facebook, I quite liked the idea of being able to choose what type of mobster you would play as. You choose a mobster who would be more powerful at attacking or defending, or a mobster that would earn more cash.

I think it would make things a little more interesting in Bush if a similar idea could be implimented when an id was created, meaning that when you attacked someone there is always the possibility they have a defence boost, likewise if you have inc they might have an attack boost. Ideally it would be better if such information wasnt too obvious in spy reports (not sure of a way round this atm, possibly change the suggestion to an increase in bounty or an increase in insurance, although that isnt as much fun).

From a cash point of view, if this boost was chosen then it would be quite simple just to add the boost when plants were sold, that way no one can predict the boost from flyovers.

I think the boost would have to be fairly substantial to make it worthwhile, but not ridiculous, maybe 10-20% increase?

This is just a brief suggestion, any thoughts welcome.

Madmeater

Harvester
I think this is kinda already there, but less obviously.

It depends on player mindset
Some people are good defenders, and will have a route setup that is good for doing this, such as distractor.

Some people are offensive minded and do alot of bounty hunting, and so will have a setup that is strongly offensve, doesnt really stand up without help from others.

And some people mass land and rely on other people to protect their fat arses :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
a 10%-20% increase in damage in attacking or defending is pretty significant imo. Could you imagine TDs with a 20% damage increase?! Crikey. (or TLs for that matter).

It totally throws balancing out the window and makes the game considerably more 'random' from what i understand of your suggestion.

As it stands, i do not necessarily like this suggestion. However, there is room for improvement, especially in the HQ routes/units so that they can provide those supplementary boosts for players. Needs work, 1 thumb down.

Davs

Garden Designer
To me it just sounds like another way to over-complicate the game. Although an interesting idea, as has already been said, the route system is sufficient enough for carrying out something like this. It adds a necessary amount of variety in play styles and tactics, without making people have to worry about random crap they can't predict. IMO it would just lead to lots of people getting rather pissed off as a result of a target being able to buy up that bit more troops for the last tick (or something to that effect for a number of other situations).
That being said, the general concept isn't actually that bad, it just needs rethinking (imo).