Cookie lock weirdness?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
System Message:

Anonymous Proxy Detected! Your personal weekly cookie allowance is now at 0, and your account is now cookie locked. You will be unable to use any world 1 ID on your account.
Please ensure you disable/remove any proxy software or settings before you log on again. Your cookie allowance will reset to 10 on the tick following Thu 01st Jan, 1970. 00:00:00.

First off, I have never used a proxy intentionally, and in the past week while i have logged on with multiple devices I am almost 100% sure i haven't logged on enough different devices that would result in a cookie lock. Furthermore i can still use my account as if it was perfectly normal, and lastly i'll be unlocked 39 years ago? What is going on?

(PS: wasn't the cookie limit boosted to 15 recently, instead of 10?)

I appear to be having similar issues to mrmongo and Nightmare, minus the constant refreshing...

Davs

Garden Designer
Hmm... a fwe more of these and it'll be an epidemic lol.
Does anyone know if Azzer's said anything (either through PMs or IRC) on this? It hasn't affected me yet, but by the look of things thus far, it may only be a matter of time before everyone is affected by it...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
[11:53] <Azzer> Give me the URL of the page you see this actual error?
[11:53] <Alcibiades> ok one sec
[11:53] <Alcibiades> i can't get the URL anymore
[11:54] <Alcibiades> it was just when i logged in today
[11:54] <Alcibiades> on my comp at home
[11:54] <Alcibiades> the red text came at the top of the Overview page
[11:56] <Azzer> Think it's just an old pre-age-5 error code somewhere in the system somehow
[11:56] <Azzer> But I'd like to see HOW it came up - which would need a URL probably :p
[11:56] <Azzer> You certainly still have 13 cookies though ^^
[11:57] <Azzer> So it's just a fault with some old error message somehow popping up, god knows how from the top of my head (without manually typing some URL codes in, or having avery old bookmark :p)

[11:57] <Alcibiades> lol
[11:57] <Alcibiades> okey dokey
[11:59] <Alcibiades> well good to know i'm not cookie locked
[11:59] <Alcibiades> i was like 'wtf? how did i expend 15 in a week' :p
[11:59] <Alcibiades> if it happens again i'll save the url and send it to you tho
[11:59] <Alcibiades> but nightmare and mrmongo were having similar issues i think

Max

Garden Designer
I got this message whilst at uni, I was very confused at the time, until I read the 1970 date xD Then I just found it hilarious :D