• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Unit "init" suggestion

Greenfinger

Planter
Hello,

i really don´t know if this bin suggested befour. But this might give this game a different action and alot of more tactics to use.

What IF, just IF, some units had their "init" different each tick.

For example a (r/m/c) 440/200/670
and example b 700/210/400.

And to make this more interesting, on each tick. They could even do different damage ;)

This would make this game more interesting =).

What you people think ?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I agree it would definitely stir things up a bit but i think it would make things way way to complicated. This game is already complicated enough for a new player..imagine telling them that their units will not only fire at different times on different ticks but do different damage. And all the other units they are firing against will do the same meaning working out who is going to fire when and do what sort of damage would be insane!! :p

Nice suggestion to spice things up but just too complicated in my opinion. (And from an "Azzer Point of View" imagine how long it would take to even start to balance this change...;))

Steve_God

Official Helper
It would definately make the game more complex and interesting! Especially in addition to the different r/m/c combinations, although not sure how off-putting the added layer of complexity might be to new players?

Greenfinger

Planter
It might be somewhat more difficult to new players, but in the other hand. This would imporve the game. In my opinion

Davs

Garden Designer
I like the idea, but as the others said, it sound far too complicated. Yes, in theory it would make things far more interesting, but new players would get even more confused by the game than they already do. Not to mention how long it would take Azzer to find a way to actually make it work, and then balance it etc...

However, if it were possible, I wouldn't mind testing it in a couple of PWs just to see if it would actually be worthwhile or not for W1.

Greenfinger

Planter
I like the idea, but as the others said, it sound far too complicated. Yes, in theory it would make things far more interesting, but new players would get even more confused by the game than they already do. Not to mention how long it would take Azzer to find a way to actually make it work, and then balance it etc...

However, if it were possible, I wouldn't mind testing it in a couple of PWs just to see if it would actually be worthwhile or not for W1.

I like the last part of this

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
While it might spice things up and add a new dimension to the game, it would be insanely, wildly complicated. Impossibly difficult for new players to get a grip on, and difficult even for older veteran players.

Nice theory, impossible to do. We've been trying to make this game more newbie friendly, not less.

The inits are the way they are because they are balanced. Same as why the units are as powerful as they are. What you are essentially asking Azzer to do is rewrite his entire system of inits/balance/AD/HD etc simply to add a new level of complexity to the game. Billions of thumbs down.

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
I sort've see where you're coming from Puppe...

IMHO, although it would be immensely difficult to code, I've always thought that in tandem with varying initiative changes, ALL units should fire in the "close" tick.

If an RPG trooper gets into close quarters with the enemy, I'm willing to bet he'd drop his RPG launcher and try to kill something off with a knife or something of the sort. It seems daft that when attacking, RANGED units would walk into an enemies base knowing it'll get killed.

Would an RPG Trooper move up the field at the front of a pack of grunts? No. He'd hang back. So if he's going into CC, he might as well fight at CC.

RPG RANGED
RPG Trooper * LET Kills [all] LET ALL 40 4 £56,000 *** * * *****

RPG MIDDLE
RPG Trooper * LET Kills [all] LET ALL 40 4 £56,000 *** * * *****

RPG CLOSE
RPG Trooper * LET Kills [all] LET ALL 860 4 £56,000 ** * * *

That way, they aren't always guaranteed to get an attack in, BUT, if some of them do survive, they put up a very weak "struggle".

OBV, this would vary dependent on the unit.

Make of it what you will, that's just my two pence.

Davs

Garden Designer
I have to admit, I've always had a similar view. That being said, there's no real need for this feature - it's just to add an element of realism to a game which has cybernetic warriors and witches...

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
I have to admit, I've always had a similar view. That being said, there's no real need for this feature - it's just to add an element of realism to a game which has cybernetic warriors and witches...

Very true.