100 pushups

Garrett

Landscape Designer
i'll be impressed if you can still rip wet paper after doing 100 pushups in a row. like 5 seconds afterward. no resting :p

noodly appendages indeed.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yay, just did a hundred easy

all i needed to do was 50 pushups warmup a few minutes before hand, and i did it without holding for even a second

could probably do it again as well :D

took more than 6 weeks lol, but i kinda forgot about it :)

Greenfinger

Planter
I dont know how mutch i could do. Tho my wife does 300+ just like that. But she trains in martial art so that kinda explains it *yelous*

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I dont know how mutch i could do. Tho my wife does 300+ just like that. But she trains in martial art so that kinda explains it *yelous*

wow, 300+ without stopping is awesome :shock:

but my mum used to do karate when she was young, and had to do 100 knuckle pushups to get black belt. I doubt i could do 40 of those in one set.

So my mum has one up on me lol, ive still got work to do ^^

And just did 500 situps in one set :D did them the easy way though "P

Greenfinger

Planter

wow, 300+ without stopping is awesome :shock:

but my mum used to do karate when she was young, and had to do 100 knuckle pushups to get black belt. I doubt i could do 40 of those in one set.

So my mum has one up on me lol, ive still got work to do ^^

And just did 500 situps in one set :D did them the easy way though "P

Well, its all about how you work out i guess. She have bin working her ass off for about one year now. Shes in a good condition. I myself, i´m not in any condition at all =P

Davs

Garden Designer
knuckle pushups

At my cadet unit the runts, so to speak, were being punished by giving them pushups to timing ("UP, MIDDLE, DOWN, etc")
To try to show a bit of moral support and set an example I joined in and made the mistake of doing knuckle pushups - it was especially a mistake as it was on decidedly gritty concrete lol. I vowed never again :p

Zaheen

BANNED
I'll give it a go...
5!
How did that go then?

I'm gonna aim for 200 hundred push ups by doubling the amount you're supposed to do. No idea if it will work though. :p
Did it work?

-----

I haven't done pushups (or anything for that matter) for about 6 years...

I will do all 3 of the programs, I would do the pullups as well only I don't have a bar I can use.

-----

Initial Tests
Pushups
Initial: 32
Feels like I am about to pass out, not eaten much for the past week, hardly anything the past 2 days, and barely had anything to drink either. But that is no excuse.

Squats
Initial: 100
Probably could have done more but decided to stop - legs feel like jelly now =]

Situps
Initial: 85

-----

I think I will start on Thursday 12th August - Ramadan starts on that day as well, so I will be fasting for almost 17 hours each day (for the first 30 days).

Last edited:

[yoyo]

Planter
I did 11, but Id rather have to jog 3 miles than do another. Go get 'em boys and count me out!! Thanks for the link though DS!

how long does it take for you to run 3 miles?

it takes me about 1.1 hours to bike 12 miles with two long steep hills in my loop

is running better than bikin' ?

have not ran a mile in like "a long time" LOL

sorry for ramblin'...back on topic

i did 34 pushups before i could do no more. i dont need big guns though so im out:mrgreen:

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Running vs. biking? Depends entirely on what you want to do. General cardio they're both as good as each other (over the same time period/energy put in type thing), but if you're specifically training for a running race/event then running is obviously better as it trains your muscles for that activity. Same goes for biking. There's really no advantage of one of the other, just depends what you prefer ;-)

I started this programme again a while back (along with the squats & situps) but sort of forgot about it when I moved house...may have to pick up again from where I left off...

Zaheen

BANNED
is running better than bikin' ?
As Weeble said it depends what you're trying to do.

Like to walk/run up a hill it's MUCH easier than to bike/cycle up a hill. Running tends to work your whole body biking really only does your legs (maybe your abs slightly).

But biking is much more fun, as you get so zoom down hills XD

-----

Just a small update, I didn't start my workout yet, it's too difficult this month.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Like to walk/run up a hill it's MUCH easier than to bike/cycle up a hill. Running tends to work your whole body biking really only does your legs (maybe your abs slightly).

Oh, i dunno. When i was riding to uni i would go up all the hills in the lowest gear possible just because high gears were so easy and took too long (I think that may have been the cause of me somehow f*cking my rear wheel up :p)

Running up that hill wouldve been waaaayyyyy harder.

Of course walking would be easy...

I agree with the second part though. I was thinking the same thing actually

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Running vs. biking? Depends entirely on what you want to do. General cardio they're both as good as each other (over the same time period/energy put in type thing), but if you're specifically training for a running race/event then running is obviously better as it trains your muscles for that activity. Same goes for biking. There's really no advantage of one of the other, just depends what you prefer ;-)

I started this programme again a while back (along with the squats & situps) but sort of forgot about it when I moved house...may have to pick up again from where I left off...

Weeble speaks correctly. However, the biggest overriding factor for me if i were to choose would be that I'd much rather be on a stationary bike, than a treadmill in a gym. ;)

And running is considerably harder on your joints so biking ftw ;)