P-UNIT availability??

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
I know this is a stupid question, but when exactly are the P-Units available for the whole playerbase? is it 11 days before round end?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Note that during the last 11 days of a round, all blueprint technologies are marked "free", so if you have the resources, you can develop the blueprint to give it a test for the final few days - a bit of a "trial run" to see if you think it is worth buying the next round.

Correct, and it's not a stupid question. I ask it at least once every round lol...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Another thing - Do you get the profile award if you tech PU when it's free? :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Toby said:

That seems silly...my first instinct is to say it should only be if you purchase and tech before its free...

Although i cant really see a reason why...just seems it should be that way to me! :p

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Toby said:

That seems silly...my first instinct is to say it should only be if you purchase and tech before its free...

Although i cant really see a reason why...just seems it should be that way to me! :p

So you think people should be able to effectively buy profile award points? This would be very unfair on those who aren't able to buy their punit (for whatever reason).

Kingdroid

Head Gardener
The whole point of the P-Unit award point I think is to help show those who have supported bushtarion through monetary donations

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I disagree. I don't think it's fair to rule out like 10 awards for people who can't buy game cash. People who buy the PU get to use it for the whole round. That is what they pay for, not the award.

Kuda

Official Helper
nope it shows a diversity in routes someone has played. That they aren't a 1 trick pony (only ever plays robo, etc :)

As for whether the profile awards should only be for those who purchase the blueprint. I disagree. If this was the case it would reduce the ability of alot of players to get 13 of the user awards which isn't fair.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
P-unit Awards should be accessible to everyone, regardless of 'income level' so I would have to disagree with being able to acquire it through purchase only.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
The whole point of the P-Unit award point I think is to help show those who have supported bushtarion through monetary donations

You dont have to donate money to contribute. Just playing actively enough to develop the p-unit at rounds end is enough i think, especially with a smaller playerbase