monitor issues

saint1d

Head Gardener
When my pc is off the monitor light is orange, then when the pc comes on it goes green, at least that's whats supposed to happen. A few months back whenever i put pc into sleep, when i deactivated sleep the pc would come back on but the monitor's light stayed orange and the screen was blank as if it was recieving no signal that the pc was on. My solution to this was to never put it into sleep. Tonight i switched my pc on but the monitor has the blank screen again. Have turned it on and off, disconnected all cables etc but still nothing. It's been working fine and i have no idea what the problem might be. Any ideas?

saint1d

Head Gardener
Ok monitor still not coming on, its in standby with the orange light showing.

Have bought the pc downstairs and hooked it up to the tv using the same cable from the monitor and it's working fine.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Have searched round the net but cant find any answers.

This is now officially doing my head in lol

saint1d

Head Gardener
I hope not :'(

I used to have the problem with it coming out of sleep mode, had to switch pc off at wall and turn back on again and it would work fine.

It was actually my wife who turned the pc off. She swears she just shut it down normally, hmm

TaO

Tree Surgeon
plug back in the cable... women! :p

Check all cables first.. unplug and plug them back in *on both sides, monitor and PC*

If thats not it... then plug some other monitor to your PC, if that does work.. its your monitor :)
If it doesnt work, its most likely to be your graphics card being dead.

You did any updates lately? it might have to do something with a new update for windows or whatsoever.

saint1d

Head Gardener
yeah the pc works fine on the tv so i'm thinking the monitor is at fault. Will try it on another pc at the weekend. Gutted cos its only 2yr old.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Made sure it's accepting the right input, assuming it has more than one?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Made sure it's accepting the right input, assuming it has more than one?
sorry, I dont follow what you mean?

I believe with the newer LCD screens you can use the older VGA plug or the newer one (forget what its called :/ must be tired :p)
So you need to make sure your monitor is set up so that its reading from the right source

although i highly doubt this is the problem. Sounds stuffed to me

saint1d

Head Gardener
it has a digital or analogue input. Has been working fine as it was tbh, just packed in i think. Will hook it up to another pc tomorrow.

saint1d

Head Gardener
The monitor is goosed, went to buy a new one, would have been £120, but optd for an acer netbook which was £220 down from £330. Will leave the pc hooked up to the tv and use the netbook when the tv is being used.