How do i increase my temporary memory??? :S

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I am trying to make a DVD with a video file (MP4 i think), however when i try to click 'Start' i get this message:
"There is not enough disc space in the temporary memory"

How do i address this problem?

btw, i am using WinDVD Creator which came with my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated :)

TaO

Tree Surgeon
THe title on the main overview made me giggle more x)

"How do i increase my ..."

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
I am trying to make a DVD with a video file (MP4 i think), however when i try to click 'Start' i get this message:
"There is not enough disc space in the temporary memory"

How do i address this problem?

btw, i am using WinDVD Creator which came with my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2 ways:
1. Buy more real memory (= RAM). This is hardware, sadly it appears you're using a laptop so it might not be that amusing to add hardware to it.
2. Increase virtual memory. This reserves a part of your hard disk space, and uses it as memory. So first you have to check if you have enough clear space on your hard disk. Then google for Virtual memory + *insert your operating system*. The method to change the virtual memory size will be on there somewhere, but since you didn't tell us your operating system, no one can tell you how.

edit: As with a lot of these computer problems, google is your friend.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I upped my RAM from just 512 MB to 2 GB a while ago. Incredibly easy. So this cannot be the problem

I have now tried increasing virtual memory but it already has a maximum of 4092 MB which it doesnt let me increase further.

I already googled as well, yielding nothing of use. All i seemed to get was increase temp files for the web browser (which i already tried to no avail)

It seems this is one of those problems that would only happen on my computer and no one really knows how to fix it.

btw, i used Nero 6 and it worked fine, so no worries ;)