[CANCELLED] Old-school Bushtarion meet - SIGN UP HERE!

Microchip

Weeder
With the minor reunion that Azzer pulled off with the Age 2 re-run (damn you, Azzer! Give me the last month back!), it's got quite a few of us thinking we should do an old-school Bush meet, akin to the insanity we had back in Bolton many moons ago.

We're looking at setting up for Blackpool, on a Friday->Sunday. Having a quick scan through dates, October 23 to the 25th, we can get a travelodge in the middle of Blackpool for £45 per person for the weekend, based on 2 people sharing each room. Obviously if you want your own, you're probably looking at double that. Dates aren't set in stone, but it's the one we've come up with so far on IRC.

Being an old-school meet, we're talking some serious debauchery, naturally. If you have to ask your parents to come along, it's a safe bet you shouldn't be there. We're talking back to the insanity of Bolton, mixed with lots of drinking and silliness over a weekend.

Who's interested in a weekend of insanity, doin' it old-school?

EDIT: Cancelled, not enough interest. Will attempt to re-organise this one.

Last edited:

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
As discussed on IRC, I *should* be there.

Although, this is depending on work, and whether I'd be able to get the friday off as I'm not going to be travelling to Blackpool at like 9pm.

Tim

Harvester
I'm up for this. As I said in IRC, it should be a case of people book sort out their own accommodation as that way it is booked & there is no need for a central organiser to make arrangements, collect deposits and ultimately pay.

PS: 23rd to 25th October, which as Microchip says is a Friday to Sunday. About 6 weeks away I would guess.

Microchip

Weeder
I'm up for this. As I said in IRC, it should be a case of people book sort out their own accommodation as that way it is booked & there is no need for a central organiser to make arrangements, collect deposits and ultimately pay.

PS: 23rd to 25th October, which as Microchip says is a Friday to Sunday. About 6 weeks away I would guess.

Okay, so I forgot to add the month :p Suitably edited.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I, obviously, am in. Hopefully as will my canisters, but only if I can get donations to re-stock them. If you don't know what I'm referring to then don't worry about it.

Should be funsies >=)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
I'll hitch a ride in the Azz-mobile and see you fellas down there.

Microchip

Weeder
I, obviously, am in. Hopefully as will my canisters, but only if I can get donations to re-stock them. If you don't know what I'm referring to then don't worry about it.

Should be funsies >=)

Count me in ;-)

Tim

Harvester
By the way. I just realised that the date of this is exactly five years on from the very first Bush Meet. The first Bush Meet was also this same weekend in October!

So if you wanna make history and celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Bush Meet, then sign up!

Kuda

Official Helper

Should be funsies >=)

omg, the memories!!!!

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, 1 month isn't really enough time for me to save up the cash for flights and such to get all the way back to Europe :(

On the bright side I'll be back over that way in Feb/March and fully plan to get Angela to have a party at hers :D <-- haven't told her that part yet mind!

Treedude

Harvester
I'd be well up for it if the weekend changes, unfortunately that weekend I'm going to be in Belfast for my brothers 21st :( :)( because i'll have to miss it, not because my brothers 21 :p)

I shall keep checking though if there are any changes of plan! Is a shame coz the number of people who have been to all of them is rapidly reducing :(

Microchip

Weeder

Should be funsies >=)

omg, the memories!!!!

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, 1 month isn't really enough time for me to save up the cash for flights and such to get all the way back to Europe :(

On the bright side I'll be back over that way in Feb/March and fully plan to get Angela to have a party at hers :D <-- haven't told her that part yet mind!

Oh good, just down the road from me ;)

Microchip

Weeder
Has anyone got any particular preference on the weekend? I can't do the weekend after, as I'm in Whitby, although I could technically do any time after that. But the sooner the better really, but the earlier we do it, the more the place costs us. I suppose the weekend before is also an alternative, but depends on what other people want.

Votes on a postcard? I'm indifferent between the 16th-18th and the 23rd-25th.

Tim

Harvester
Has anyone got any particular preference on the weekend? I can't do the weekend after, as I'm in Whitby, although I could technically do any time after that. But the sooner the better really, but the earlier we do it, the more the place costs us. I suppose the weekend before is also an alternative, but depends on what other people want.

Votes on a postcard? I'm indifferent between the 16th-18th and the 23rd-25th.

I would rather 23rd - 25th, as that means I will just have been paid and can afford to live the high-life in Blackpool. :D

But if it's the weekend before, I will just put some money aside.

What did you find out about pricing, Microchip?

Microchip

Weeder
Haven't yet, will do shortly for both dates.

Also, we start booking by the end of the week, depending on the dates preferable to people, so get choosing your preferred date people.

Treedude

Harvester
16th to 18th is the only one of those 2 i can do, will have to look at costs also coz thats gonna be a tight month but yeah, i vote that weekend

Microchip

Weeder
Right. Just spoke with Travelodge. Based on current figures (up to 6 twin rooms, i.e. 12 people) they can't accomodate us at Blackpool Central on *either* date. Blackpool South Promenade might be able to, they said, but check when we're ready to book.

Helpful.

Looking into alternatives.