• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Seed Thieves

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Make it so the value of the seeds you steal is displayed next to the seeds when you steal them...

Would be an interesting little addition, hardly any work, and nice to be able to see how much in funds you are actually getting.

Yes i know you can just look at your seeds value before you steal, and then after and work out the difference...but this suggestion is hardly any work and has no negatives

e.g.
You stole 64,936,899 seeds. [4,228,620] tree seeds. [13,813,950] bush seeds. [16,569,329] flower seeds. [30,325,000] grass seeds. {Value:£4,343,542,565}

Edit: The value is made up, before people start telling me its wrong...its just an example

Edit 2: Yes i know there are plenty more updates that need to be done, but that isn't a reason to stop posting suggestions- And Azzer seems to be taking a more active role recently, and as this wouldnt take hardly any time to code...

dafe

Harvester
Re: Seed Thieves

yup nice idea...its all about the scoregaining :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Plus, like right now i dont want anymore land...as i dont want to become a juicy target...so any attacks im going on im doing so without geos and just seed thieves...

this addition would make attacks with seed thieves seem more worthwhile (IMO, as people can see what its actually worth) and give people another option of play...rather than just sitting on acres planting/sometimes defending...

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I have one small question though, how should the falue of the seeds be defined?

I mean, should they have their grown up equivalent or just their fund equivalent as seeds?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

IMO it should be the value the seeds will give when grown (similar to what is shown on most of the FF add ons that are about)

Augustus

Head Gardener

I would have thought to avoid confusion it should be the actual value of the seeds, rather than if grown. As the value when grown can vary depending on the weather, whereas the actual value of the seeds always stays the same.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

what so the value of the seeds if sold?

i see what you mean...but i would be more inclined to say it should be a rough estimate of the grown value (like given by the FF calcs that many people have) as people never (in any great quantity, or deliberately) sell seeds...

just my thoughts...but if people think it should be the seed value...

philipd12

Harvester

I think it should be the actual value of the seeds just to aviod confusion, because you may not get all of the seeds when you plant them.
And if you bothered about seeing the price of them when they will be planted then get the Firefox add ons :D

Augustus

Head Gardener

pinpower said:
what so the value of the seeds if sold?

i see what you mean...but i would be more inclined to say it should be a rough estimate of the grown value (like given by the FF calcs that many people have) as people never (in any great quantity, or deliberately) sell seeds...

just my thoughts...but if people think it should be the seed value...

Your right no one really sells seeds unless its Grass or Flower or you really need funds quickly. But my point is that the value of the seeds when grown is dependent on the weather they are grown in. If I was a begginer and thought I had stolen a specific value of seeds, then I would be a bit confused if I didnt get the amount that had been specified. On top of this there's the possibilty noobs would think that is the actual value of the seeds, not realising you have to plant to get that value. Really you shouldnt be told you've stolen a particular value, when you dont actually have that value until you've grown the seeds. It's confusing and misleading if you're not aware of how the system works IMO.

Chezz

Harvester

That true, but I suppose the same could be said of the FF Extensions, like those of Polo....His extension also shows the planted value..

Otherwise, yes, I agree with what you are saying, it would be more noob friendly.

Augustus

Head Gardener

Chezz said:
That true, but I suppose the same could be said of the FF Extensions, like those of Polo....His extension also shows the planted value..

Ah, but by the time someone finds out about Polos amazin Nobreakspace add on, they most probably have a good understanding of the game so they are able to deduce that this is a value prediction rather than their actual value :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Can i just bump this thread and suggest it again! Was just thinking of suggesting this and remembered i already had! :p

And if not Azzer then Polo, any chance this could be a future feature of NBS? ;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Polo, may I also suggest coding a new game where our (good) suggestions get implemented and not just ignored and left out to die?

Would be quite cool.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Polo, may I also suggest coding a new game where our (good) suggestions get implemented and not just ignored and left out to die?

Would be quite cool.

Ehh...maybe. :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Bump. Was thinking of suggesting this, and took a quick look to see if it had been suggested and like all of my genius ideas, pinpower and I are on the same page. Bumpity Bumpy Bumperson.

Zaheen

BANNED
I find it enjoyable working things like that out (not that it even matters), you generally work out roughly what you will steal before you even send.

Not shooting down your suggestion, which is a good one. However I think the unit could be dramatically improved in other ways...

- It should always steal plants, followed by seeds.
- It should be more powerful, you should be able to completely cripple somebody in a few ticks, as opposed to only taking a %.
- You should have an option of it being more resilient or more powerful (but this will only be known by the player).

I think every unit should be re-balanced to be desired and used at all stages of a round, and not just when you are down in the dumps farming seeds from inactive players.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Toast

Pruner
- It should always steal plants, followed by seeds.
- It should be more powerful, you should be able to completely cripple somebody in a few ticks, as opposed to only taking a %.
- You should have an option of it being more resilient or more powerful (but this will only be known by the player).

And they should be an option at Near round start. Possibly having seed thieves during flak wars would give a different approach to developing.