Inglorious Basterds

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Best Tarantino movie, Imo. Really, really good one. You have to see this in the cinema, it's great. Hans Landa, the german, what a guy, what an actor. BINGO!! :D

Davis

Tree Surgeon
lol maxi that part was so creepy and funny, :p i forget which guy it was (I think the jewish Nazi) when they intro duced him and it did that block letter thing everyone in the theatre started cracking up :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I got only one thing to say:

brad-pitt-basterd-poster.jpg

ZOMG!

Yang

Harvester
yeah great film, ending was a total shocker! :p

thought it might in epic fail like Valkyrie...

Davis

Tree Surgeon
We in the killin' Nazi business...and cousin, business is a-boomin'!!

I gotta tell ya, we're pretty excited, watching a man get beat to death is the closest we come to seeing a movie.

fighting in a basement presents some difficulties..for one, you're fighting in a ****ing basement

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
"I think this might just be my masterpiece...."

rawr

Weeder
Inglorious Basterds lacking inglorious Basterds? *spoilers*

Inglorious Basterds lacking inglorious Basterds? *spoilers*

I was dissapointed.
The movie was "ok". Being not able to speak any other language apart from English. I spent most of my time reading subtitles, which i have no problem with. Rec, for example was an awesome film. I knew most of the film was going to be in German/French. so it's not as if it took me by surprise.
The cinematography in the film was awesome, the suspense, and the different camera shots etc. The long scenes without cuts were also good, and i have no quarrel about the acting. But i came out at the end of the film deflated. Really deflated.
After reading peoples reviews on here and on imdb etc, i was expecting a thrilling 2.5h. Which is not what i got. I go to the movies to be entertained, and i wasnt, at all. The trailers + interviews about the film seemed to focus on the basterds. But alas, they were in the film for aprox 15minutes? I wanted Nazi scalping and brains being bashed in, arms cut off, kill bill style. in the 2nd chapter?(i think) When they introduce the german guy who killed 15 gestapo officers, i got excited i was thinking thank ****, the films starting. But the film introduced only him? The film seems to be portrayed as a film of betrayal, Certainly the french chick got her revenge. But i mean, come on?! WHERE THE **** WERE THE BASTERDS IN THIS FILM?
all in all the film lacked action and basterds.
-Kelsey =) xxx

Edit - Going to watch it again tonight online, and try and clear all of my expectations etc. See if i enjoy it or not.

Last edited:

Illumination

Head Gardener
I haven't seen this movie yet, but I will- anything with Brad Pitt is at least worth watching;)

Why is it that men get sexier with age and we just get....old? :(

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I haven't seen this movie yet, but I will- anything with Brad Pitt is at least worth watching;)

Why is it that men get sexier with age and we just get....old? :(

we get sexier with age, men just don't know it cause they are always lusting after the young things. We women find experience sexy ;)

Leash

Weeder
The baseball bat scene when he starts on with the "old baseball" style announcing about hitting the ball out of Fenway was sweet! The tavern scene was great and very tense. I found myself uncomfortable as the tension was building and the shoot-out that resulted was resemblant of the one in Reservoir Dogs, but better! I wonder if Tarintino thought that he'd never thought he'd ever be doing a scene like that again when they were shooting it? Also, the burning down of the theater part when the French girl splices herself into the film and is laughing maniacally and screaming "burn" is awesome. I liked how her image showed up in the smoke like a ghost or demon or something.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Saw this last week, really really enjoyed it, extremely entertaining. Sort of Pulp Fiction meets Kill Bill and gets invaded by Nazis. A solid 8/10 from me! Well worth watching :D