• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Collapsable Incoming

Khris

Pruner
This is a small thing... but it would be cool... if on the alliance overview page...

When an incoming is covered... you could collapse it... and it would just show like

THIS GUY HERE [XXX] COVERED 100 incomng hostile 100 in coming friendly...

Right now my alli page is hard to read, and if you could close those when things are handled be easier to move on to the next.

Is a small thing, but i think it would be nice when dealing with multiple incoming. And it could pop up like any of the other bars do when something changes in it...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That's why you have mob notes, so you can write something like 'Covered'. Two thumbs down.

Khris

Pruner
Did you even read my suggestion or did you just want to talk ****.

When you have 20-30 people attacking someone... on like 4-5 people... It takes a long time to scroll down the page and makes it hard to read. who wants to put COVERED in everything.

If it was collapsed, with COVERED written in those little mob notes you like so much... that i MENTIONED... then it would be easier on the eyes and to read.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Err i've spent the last two rounds getting large amounts of incoming so i'm perfectly aware of what you're talking about and we managed just fine with only 2 defensive coordinators. It takes all of 30 seconds to write COVERED in the appropriate mob note slots if you use Copy/Paste and open a bunch of the notes at the same time, then you can click/tab your way through and paste it in under 10 seconds.

If you get at least two competent planners you can write orders on all the incoming mobs without too much fuss and bother.

Maybe you should just be better organized?

I'd find too many problems for newer alliances who accidentally collapse incoming and then don't see it (think of the gripes threads that would result). If new incoming showed up on the same target, would you have it pop back open again automatically? If so wouldn't that make defense far too easy? So you know when new inc has arrived? Or would prefer to have it done so that once 'collapsed' the inc would be able to pile up without anyone knowing unless they opened it again? i don't see either of those options are particularly desirable.

If you have trouble scrolling down your inc screen, that's one of the breaks of being resisted against. Tough titties my friend. Quit your whining; you're lucky to even have mob notes which makes defense a ridiculously simple process for most of us anyways.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I would support it if it wasn't possible that abuse already mentioned. It really needs to auto decolapse when a new inc appears or a mob is recalled, but then it can be used as an automatic alarm to see when something changed.

Khris

Pruner
lol. Sorry i dont have the cool shades like you do alci and get tired of seeing the red when its already handled.

It was just my thought to help stream line and make pages easier to navigate.

About the abuse tho... I suppose it could be used to "monitor" it or whatever, but only if the player A) Collapses it n B) pays attention?

I know most people already put the amount of incoming blah blah in the mob notes when there is a stealth/possible stealth there. Its not like you couldnt tell a recall/send from spying the target anyway.

And about the noobs accidently clicking it... In my mind when the incoming is collapsed... you would be able to tell when it no longer says the name of the attack there... because it would only collapse when there is multiple incoming? (hostile or friendly) and the mob notes would still be there.... Easy to read. so if they say COVERED or ETA 3 here or whatever... Players would still be able to read it discover it.

i know this is not a big deal and i'm not trying to sit here and whine, I just thought that this little creature feature would be nice to have. Yes i thought of it after the 24 hours of incoming, but i have thought about it before, so have many others.

/me waits for Alci to come troll and flame some more

Souls

Official Helper
I would support it if it wasn't possible that abuse already mentioned. It really needs to auto decolapse when a new inc appears or a mob is recalled, but then it can be used as an automatic alarm to see when something changed.

Why make it auto-open? It's your decision to collapse it, if you miss something because you can't see it you should be entirely to blame. There has to be some human element still behind it :p

I like the suggestion, tho, and I approve. ;)

Khris

Pruner
yay... constructive criticisim....

this could also be something that was disabled by default or something... to prevent noobs from accidently closing it....

Mysterious

Harvester
good suggestion. when something is covered why bother having all of it shown? and perhaps if a new inc comes, it can appear as a separate inc.

Like...

Before:
Newbie being massed [69696] Pr0's massing [13337] 1,234,567,891,000 Attacking ETA 3 ticks

After:

Newbie being massed [69696] Moar Pr0 inc [99999] 987,654,321 Attacking ETA 3 ticks
Newbie being massed [69696] Multiple Pr0's massing [13337] 1,234,567,891,000 Attacking ETA 2 ticks

No idea whether that's possible.

Also...for accidental newbie collapsing or pr0's who feel they're to good for this function (;P); enable/disable function.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Great suggestion :)

Perhaps when collapsed it shows the total friendly and hostile incomings, just as it does now at the bottom of the list of incomings for each target.

That way, it's possible to notice any changes without having to uncollapse, and you avoid any possible abuse for using collapse as a notifier or an unknown checker.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Great suggestion :)

Perhaps when collapsed it shows the total friendly and hostile incomings, just as it does now at the bottom of the list of incomings for each target.

That way, it's possible to notice any changes without having to uncollapse, and you avoid any possible abuse for using collapse as a notifier or an unknown checker.

^^ The winner. and don't mind Alci, the candian bacon just has to oink sometimes.

Dafydd

Pruner
This seems like a perfectly good idea. Souls has it on the head, human element. You close it, you deal with it.

I vote yes!

Podunk

Head Gardener
Aye should be collapsible to each user not the alliance as a whole.

Personal preference ftw.