death of multis = death of bush?

Khris

Pruner
This is a funny thread to write... but This is in no way an admission of anyones guilt.. .or accustation... but we all know.. that back in the day there used to be alot of people, with alot of personalities...

now it may just be me, but it seems to me, that with that came alot more FUN then anything, but it kind of seems to me, when i look at playerbase today, that with everyone not making multis... the player base has dwindled to ****...

I am not trying to promote multis, but just making a comparison..... no more multis = dwindlling player base?

thoughts, flames, feedback here...

Godsend9701

Harvester
meh, i had fun when i had multis lol, not sure if the people i owned had the same amount of fun tho

flameharvester

Head Gardener
meh i mutlied for a round or 2 Basically would fight amongst myself to get my troops experience :D

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to spam. Funny as a joke, but inappropriate subject for serious discussion (anything that encourages multis).

Quite a novel idea though.

Personally I think aliens have been abducting a lot of players recently and brainwashing them with propoganda so that they stop playing. It's about as believable :p

Khris

Pruner
was not trying to encourage it.

I'm sorry...

Should of worded it better.

But there used to be alot of people, (Most who dont play the game at all anymore) who i know of who did it. no one else can see the connection?

its either that or the abducteeees :p

how many accounts did just badforu have? like 12...

the thais? they had whole allis... Its just a thought, didnt meant to cause so much hate :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i'd rather have lower numbers of real players than higher, artificially inflated numbers of cheaters.

Khris

Pruner
yeah they definitely caused alot of head aches lol.

Some of it was funny tho, i remember quite a few times when the thais would mass some one, and watching it take them 2 ticks to get everyone recalled cuz they were on so many accounts lol.

Sucked when someone got killed to them, but was always funny killing the 2-3 that couldnt recall in time haha

Leah

Pruner
The first round I ever played I had two multis along with my "main" account. I thought it was a lot of fun, being able to try out several routes at once, especially since I had never played before. Several other people in my alliance had multis as well, either in the alliance or spread between solo and other alliances. There was this attitude of "everyone does it, no big deal." I didn't even realize that some people used them as land farms and such, it just seemed a fun way to get more out of the game. Looking back now that was rather narrow-minded, as it was more fun because we never got landed on. It only took two or three people being online at any given time to defend because at least one of them had a multi. It wasn't fair to the attackers and people trying to play the game by the rules. I got caught, got locked, and haven't multied since, and for me the game is harder, but better. It doesn't mean anything to get an award or high score if you cheated to get there. Now if I want to test out routes against each other or whatever, I save it for PWs.

I think the decline of multis is part of the reason for the dwindling of the player base, not because there are so many fewer players, but because most only have one account, and that's not a bad thing. I'm sure from a business perspective Azzer doesn't much like the fact that there's fewer accounts, but from a player perspective I don't really mind. It makes the competition that much fiercer.

hmmm i apologize for the rambling lol, i should sleep more. good thing this got moved to spam

Khris

Pruner
nah Leah. that is actually the kind of response i wanted. I learned alot about the game from dealing with them.

Its not something to do if you are trying to play serious, but i know many a noob and many other people that used them to learn alot about the game.

But i cant help but think.. With so few players today having the time for 1 acct... they definitely are pry not doing multiple...

lol... maybe a one man alli PW with multiple accts would be funny :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
If you have to cheat to learn the game, then i don't think you're the kind of player i'd feel comfortable playing with.

or did you mean people learned lots from having to fight against multis?

Khris

Pruner
I'm trying to say, that the age of the multis... made alot of us learn alot about the game. n gave some funny memories i was trying to laugh about here :p

now with all the people who did it, leaving or whatever... I was just curious if it was really just THAT many people were using it or what lol.

was always funny when the solo multis tried to threaten and intimidate lol.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
i remember trying to multi one round waaaaaaaaaay back. I think I had my multi for 2 days before I deleted it. I cba to keep up with 2 of em. just made me more interested in developing my main.

if only I could have programmed tanabot. tana's execution and thought process is soooo different from mine. by round 15 there was a standing order never to try and help me no matter what.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
i remember trying to multi one round waaaaaaaaaay back. I think I had my multi for 2 days before I deleted it. I cba to keep up with 2 of em. just made me more interested in developing my main.

if only I could have programmed tanabot. tana's execution and thought process is soooo different from mine. by round 15 there was a standing order never to try and help me no matter what.

we couldn't account share if we tried. It pisses us off when the other messes with our gaming stuff.