• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

public ids

jeff54321

Harvester
can we get an box we can check while seraching that allows us to find all the people with public ids. like how theres a box u can check for sleep only.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm not wild about that, since it might make it easier to pick on public IDs, which, if you're sneaky means you can know their online times.

If people start getting picked on increasingly because of being public, then we'll probably see the number of people public decrease which kind of defeats the purpose.

Davs

Garden Designer
1) pointless
2) pointless
3) pointless

just generally a pretty rubbish idea :)

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I think Polo made a suggestion of being able to link a User Profile to an ID.

So you click on "Martin" - "Martin is currently [ID 1] Martin of Awesomeness"?

I like that idea.

Davs

Garden Designer
that sounds like a more sensible idea, and not too bad a suggestion either

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I like original ideea, most of those who are public don't give a **** if somebody out there knows when they are offline or whatever. Hence they don't try to hide their identity and put their names on the tooltip.
I often wanted to see who's public and obviously it's quite useless to have players id marked in their profile since nobody goes scouting user profiles all the time to see who went public lately :p
Add a box for 'show public id's only' in search page and if really necessary 2 options for public and semi public where you won't be listed in search page.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I like original idea, most of those who are public don't give a **** if somebody out there knows when they are offline or whatever. Hence they don't try to hide their identity and put their names on the tooltip.

I like to be recognizable, but i wouldn't want to be picked on simply because i'm public. People hate me enough already without adding fuel to the fire ;)

I often wanted to see who's public and obviously it's quite useless to have players id marked in their profile since nobody goes scouting user profiles all the time to see who went public lately :p

If i want to find someone in particular tho, i can find their user profile then if they're public i can find their ID that way. It won't help if you're looking to find everyone who's public but it would be helpful to finding specific people.

Add a box for 'show public id's only' in search page and if really necessary 2 options for public and semi public where you won't be listed in search page.

That too would work.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think Polo made a suggestion of being able to link a User Profile to an ID.

So you click on "Martin" - "Martin is currently [ID 1] Martin of Awesomeness"?

I like that idea.

pfft i made that idea way before polo :p

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096

As i read it i was already thinking this Jeff!!! :p

And:

Alcibiades said:
I'm not wild about that, since it might make it easier to pick on public IDs, which, if you're sneaky means you can know their online times.

If people start getting picked on increasingly because of being public, then we'll probably see the number of people public decrease which kind of defeats the purpose.

QFT

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
If somebody wouldn't want others to know his online time or whatever about him then surely he would stay private ? When you go public you go because you want to e-penis slap them all over face and say Look at me, come get me ****es :p
I can't really comprehend this .. i want to be public but i don't want others to find out too easy that's actually me.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah it's rather evident you don't comprehend ;)

yes I like being public, no i don't want to advertise the fact to every bob, frank and joe who cares to find easy public targets? Public IDs with predictable online/offline times are easy targets. It's similar to Public Alliances, and private alliances. Allies usually go public when they're rank 1 and invincible, not when they're rank 15 and easily pwned. Why would someone want to make their vulnerabilities public and easily searchable?

You might want to be public to 'slap your e-penis in someone's face' to challenge them to come get you when you're public and that's fine, but you should probably understand that not everyone wants that level of 'come hither' advertisement. It's the ease with which people can find out that makes me not like this suggestion. If you want to find public IDs, you're going to have to search for them through the rest of the targets just like everybody else. I don't see any benefit to having this sort of suggestion implemented, and see quite a few drawbacks.

I, for one, would make my ID private permanently if this sort of change was put in place.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I, for one, would make my ID private permanently if this sort of change was put in place.

Yes! thats it!
it will divide the boys from the men!

a public name isnt a e-penis enlarger its a way of living,
its the ultimate finger when you zero someone
or sent good defence against them.

it should have its price!

motion totally approved

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
a public name isnt a e-penis enlarger its a way of living

Bwahaha I <3 you :D

Yeah that's pretty much how i feel about it ...
The public ID in bushtarion it's same like some nutcase who goes to a football game just to strip and run naked on the field in front of thousands of ppl. To go and strip in a corner while you cover with your hands it's bs and lame. All the way or not at all ! :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't mind the people/IDs i run into ingame seeing my public ID, it's the fact that i can be singled out for having a public ID by anyone with a mind for doing it that makes me leery of this suggestion.

Can you honestly not see the difference?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Idea is pointless and stupid.

Just search for all IDs with above 5 acres (= all IDs) and run the pointer over it.. voila, you will see who is public via the tooltip.

Kids today want everything made easy for them... ;)

The only idea worth its salt regarding this would be to make all IDs mandatory public.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Enrico, you are an idiot with a lot of time in your his hands.

I like the original suggestion.

Last edited: