LG Dare "Use Genuine Battery"

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I'm not sure if any of you out there use Verizon, and if so use the LG Dare or any phone that has had this problem but its a relatively new phone and would prefer either not spending the 50 dollars (if they even let me) to get the new one (with insurance) orrrrrr buy a new phone completely (about 500 dollars :/). So I was going to see if in the vast comunity of helpful knowledge filled people will have some little pointers i could try.

Thus far I've tried cleaning it with a Q-Tip and Isopropyl Alcohol, and Putting the Battery into the freezer, and even once putting the whole phone into it.
I've put the battery and phone over top of a Vent hoping the air flow would change things, and I've took a hair drier to them.

What caused this was i dropped the phone, and it landed onto a very damp mop. It was not submerged and instantly picked up and dried off via dry wash cloths. Any help or ideas are much appreciated.

Oh and before you say just buy a new battery my bro has the same phone and I've used his battery and same message
"Use Genuine Battery:
Power Off in:
10" 9 8 7 blah blah blah

Souls

Official Helper
Put a piece of paper over the moisture indicator. :p (White dot, which should show up pink for you, on the battery)

The dot is a moisture indicator built in to the battery. The phone checks this and reads to see if the battery's been water damaged, which seems to be really easy to do with LG phones, and if so won't allow the phone to turn on to protect it. Your best bet is to probably buy a new battery.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
well its not that battery as i said, i used my bro's battery (he has the same phone as me) and it didn't work :/

Tim

Harvester
Best thing to do is give it time. Once a mobile phone has come into contact with liquid, as it sounds like yours has, it is only a matter of time before it will fail. Some will work for months or years without issue, but others fail more quick.

If what you have tried so far has failed to fix it, then you are looking at a new phone. The only alternative is to seek out a service center with an ultrasonic bath and cleaning tools, but even then you are looking at a cost and no guarantee it will be fixed.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Yeps - even though the phone is probably dry now, contact with the water (and possibly oxidising agents (bleach) on the mop) is going to cause corrosion. Connections may have been severed due to this. Give it a little more time, but otherwise, I'd start looking for a new phone. Sorry man.