• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Counter PB

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I suggest that there is a change in at least one if not two routes to be able to counter PB around the same time PB come out round start, to actually be a threat, or even able to defend now you have to have more PBs than the person attacking you, which is a hard feat to accomplish when the ally attacking you is a 2x your score. And not all alliances want 5 Pbs in them because after round start they aren't the huge powerhouse they once were. One unit for example would be shock troopers, if someone rushes it it barely even comes out 1/2 a day after PB and it costs a lot more but look

Petrol Bomber * LET Kills [r/m] ALL 550 3 £22,500 * * ** ***

Shock Trooper LET Kills [all] ALL 610 3 £41,000 ** ** ** **

Now ofc if they fire they would do some decent damage to the PBs but you have to remember, PB cost 22k while Shocks cost 41k, so if someone 2x my score has only massed PBs and i've only massed shocks i'll have lets say 5m shocks, and they'll have 5x2(pbs about 1/2 price)x2(2x my score)=20m Pbs... now look at the stats.
Pbs fire first ofc, with ** ***, shocks have ** ** and unless there's a lot of flak (which there should be) id say about 1/2 if not more Shocks will die, now the 2.5m Shocks fire at 20m PB that are flaked by what seems to be around 50m Flak and im sure other lets. they probably kill around 2m or so PBs, i'll stop wasting your time with this senario and move on.

I could do this with many other routes and their start up lets to show that its not viable, and you could just argue back to last tick it, however people have come to realize, hmm Send a PB, send another random ally, Send another PB so they're basically Guaranteed 2 land ticks at this point in the round. and if you cant get the member on another dead alliance mate.

Idk maybe I'm just suggesting this out of spite, but i think that PBs are WAY overpowered round start and the people using them know they are or they wouldn't be massing them.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I suggest you look into the loudspeaker unit that can be fielded 34 base ticks PRIOR to PB's being able to finish. Emphasis on Base! Then the 'rebel' unit is 14 ticks longer in base time.

If only the rebel didn't... 'stun'.

Anyway, the units are out there. But considering what they are doing to them, you probably will need a counter to gardeners before too long.

Anyway, read the manual. Know routes and units and don't be a pussy and use them. Who masses loudies? no one! which alliance has at least 1 prot? most of them!

who is having PB trouble? people without loudies! see how easy to fix?

Davis

Tree Surgeon
That is one solution but what stops them from staying anyways and sending again and again slowly killing you? You do nothing to them not even scratch them while whatever fires from them eats you alive.

Why not make a pretty much deemed "useless" route more used

Skeleton LET Kills [close] LET INN ALL 440 3 £17,000 * * ** **
change it to range
increase cost to say 21k
make its eta 4
(eta 4 to make it not a rushing unit but a defensive unit moreso)
it then becomes anti PB, however i could see it becoming the new PB so it may be overpowered. but i am just trying to think of ideas
Cred: ToY
Skeleton LET Kills [R/C(or M)] LET INN ALL 440 4 £24,000 * * ** **

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
That is one solution but what stops them from staying anyways and sending again and again slowly killing you? You do nothing to them not even scratch them while whatever fires from them eats you alive.

Why not make a pretty much deemed "useless" route more used

Skeleton LET Kills [close] LET INN ALL 440 3 £17,000 * * ** **
change it to range
increase cost to say 21k
make its eta 4
(eta 4 to make it not a rushing unit but a defensive unit moreso)
it then becomes anti PB, however i could see it becoming the new PB so it may be overpowered. but i am just trying to think of ideas
Cred: ToY
Skeleton LET Kills [R/C(or M)] LET INN ALL 440 4 £24,000 * * ** **

mmm those skellies look alot like the original ones i posted with my undead route suggestion pre round 19
skelly archers!!!!

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Again, as i said above I'm mainly looking for an anti let, which may not be what the community wants but most people don't want to spend their much valued cash (for deving) on Hools, or Loudies round start.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Loudspeakrs suck against PBs, so do hoolies. Only way to fight PBs is with PBs, or last tick.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
which is my point exactly, and i'm saying that
  1. Not everyone is 100% contactable so fighting with PB isn't always and option
  2. As I said above most alliances are smart to know that they will be last ticked and will get another PB or some other route if not two people to follow them and cover their last tick

rooney

Head Gardener
or something like paras and mass gardies. it will be painful with a lot of flak lost, but theyll get more hurt and will think twice about doing it again!

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Hools/Louds.
Paras/Officers.
Rebels.
PBs.

There are plenty of ways to counter PB when they come out.

Mysterious

Harvester
or something like paras and mass gardies. it will be painful with a lot of flak lost, but theyll get more hurt and will think twice about doing it again!

Actually, you would need Officers ideally to sweep after the Para's.

It isn't all that bad Davis, I had a PB send at me this round. I managed to counter with Para's and Officers + flak and whatever my alliance sent (to defend me to flak against the PB) to produce even damage. That at least should deter them.

Albeit the attacker in question was 1:1 score wise, and the LET count was around 1:1.

But like the others say, there are units out there that can counter the PBs very efficiently. LSPs and Hoolies are a prime example in my opinion; they may only distract some, but get your alliance to defend the rest with LET and they'll die (If you were solo, you would just last tick).

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Alright so thus far the options are flak (which dies, and then the next time you're useless) Hoolies, which not many allies want to mass round start to stop PB and not kill them, LSP which is the same.

IMO i remember this unit called a PA that is "overpowered" so they made EMPs to counter them (ofc they've been removed now due to balancing) and now have Paras to counter them. (which also kill them) now why cant PB (something i find much scarier than PA which also come out much earlier) have a counter early on? I mean it just makes sense

Maybe make PB more expensive so they aren't so extremely massed?

Max

Garden Designer
Well, Davis, you have to remember the context of the game.

Yes, we all will openly admit, PBs have a great period at the start where they do really well. However, it never lasts forever, if very long at all! When other units come out, PBs take more than a backseat, so while they are going to do fine now they won't be top dog for very long.

Just wait for Sorcs to come onto the scene. I hope you've got some ideas to counter that shizzle :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon
No one unit should be powerful enough to make every other unit worthless for a certain amount of time, there *ALWAYS* needs to be some decent counter... When a top ally has 2-3 PBs massing on a member of a lower ally, which if it was any lets atm would be detrimental, its crazy they have no power at all to even scare them. and they may not be as OP in the later times of the round but that doesn't mean that they take more than a backseat with the other units of its route it is still a very powerful route...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hools/Louds.
Paras/Officers.
Rebels.
PBs.

There are plenty of ways to counter PB when they come out.

Precisely; if you can't stop PBs when you're allied, then it's the fault of the ally, not the fault of the unit.

The one thing I would support (after some consideration) and as Twigley mentioned in #bushtarion the other day would be a cost increase for PBs.

You're also forgetting that most PB players don't want to take the chance of losing their (precious) PBs and can be scared off with enough units.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
not when they have 2x your land and will get theirs back fast and will land :/

Mysterious

Harvester
Alright so thus far the options are flak (which dies, and then the next time you're useless) Hoolies, which not many allies want to mass round start to stop PB and not kill them, LSP which is the same.

Lol. You can't always have your cake and eat it. Sometimes, you may have to sacrifice something to be victorious.

And again...you are forgetting Para's/Officers.

No sacrifice, No victory.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
not when they have 2x your land and will get theirs back fast and will land :/

There are always easier targets, they'll go elsewhere most of the time if they stand a chance of losing a chunk of their PBs.

They're still saving for other devs too; and most sane people try to avoid wasting funds.