In-Game Opinion Polls

Steve_God

Official Helper
Several (we're talking MANY) rounds ago Azzer implemented a 'In-Game Opinion Poll' system to gather opinions of the whole player-base on a range of questions relating to potential changes for the game. (Effectively to gather opinions from more than just the active Forum users.)

Does this still exist hidden anywhere? Or did it get removed?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I do remember seeing this, but i never remember actually seeing any polls...lol

Could be an interesting way to get the opinions of the entire playerbase rather than the active IRC/Forum members.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
People do pay attention, I remember when Azzer invited the playerbase to visit the forums last round. Forum membership and activity jumped tremendously for a while.

I think that its only fair to have polls ingame if you are going to get the most accurate representation of the general playerbase.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Since TBA the forum activity has been incrediby high if you ask me.

Few rounds ago I couldn't see more than 5-6 people logged on at the same time. Now the average is like 60 people.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
And, even if they dont post THAT much, we get new members joining the forums most days. Whether they are old players and just new to the forums or new to the game altogether its good to see more participation!!!

But yeah, f0xx is right! :)

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Few rounds ago I couldn't see more than 5-6 people logged on at the same time. Now the average is like 60 people.
Sorry for slightly off-topic post, but this isn't the first time I've seen someone say this.

That's not really a sudden massive jump in forum activity, that's simply us moving from phpbb forums to vbulletin. In the old phpbb forums it only counted people who'd refreshed in the last 5 minutes as online. On the vbulletin software its more like...2 hours or so? Making it look like we have a lot more forum activity, whereas it's actually more to do with the new forums having a much more broader view on what counts as online. :p

As an example, from the who's online page

He last refreshed over an hour and a half ago, yet it still counts him as online on the forums. Whereas on the old ones his name would have been taken off the online list within 5 minutes. :p

antisback

Head Gardener
Thats right i rule

At any rate I'd much prefer if azzer got the opinion of the whole player base, i'm for the idea

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Sorry for slightly off-topic post, but this isn't the first time I've seen someone say this.

That's not really a sudden massive jump in forum activity, that's simply us moving from phpbb forums to vbulletin. In the old phpbb forums it only counted people who'd refreshed in the last 5 minutes as online. On the vbulletin software its more like...2 hours or so? Making it look like we have a lot more forum activity, whereas it's actually more to do with the new forums having a much more broader view on what counts as online. :p

As an example, from the who's online page

He last refreshed over an hour and a half ago, yet it still counts him as online on the forums. Whereas on the old ones his name would have been taken off the online list within 5 minutes. :p

Oh well, I was hoping for a sudden rise in the PB... :(