• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Remove random factor (half gripe, half suggestion)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
One idea I got was to Azzer make simple code that would before each round starts random +-1-10% for every unit there is in game and add those as values for that round. It would be kinky not to know how units perform on that round but to know you can find out.

I have to admit, i'm a fan of the randomization but that discussion is not something i really wanted to be party to.

The above suggestion however, *really* tickled my fancy for some reason. Perhaps a further discussion of that could be profitable rather than scrapping Random factor entirely and without going the EXP route of DS.

Doing so would mess the units hierarchy A LOT. You'd have to learn the basics of who pwns who everytime a new game starts.

I'd choose [some randomized battles with units following an established hierarchy] over [100% predictable battles with a weird hierarchy any day].

Imagine if by chance, a route gets all +10% while both its predator and prey get -10% ? Way to f*** a team setup. :p

Touche salesman. Idea scrapped? :D