• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

A dedicated flak unit

callum828

Planter
The concept of flakking is not clear to a beginner, and because gardeners are so integral to the maintenance of land, I can see why beginners would be confused initially that sending gardeners out on attacks would be a good thing, not a bad thing - "A weak vulnerable unit that I need to deal with my land? I'm not sending them on a suicide!"

However they are flak, they work as flak, they're balanced as flak, and the game is designed around them to be flak.

This leaves two solutions;
* An extra unit given to all players as a startup unit, called "Flak" - same stats as a gardener, same cost, everything the same, and then people have two units that both work as flak and can help with "flak layers" - causing a balancing issue. It also assumes that a newbie would know that the word "Flak" means "Cheap unit sent en-masse to absorb the blows and save the more important units", which they may not. It's also yet another unit for a first-timer to see. This 'solution' may solve the original problem while introducing several more - balancing issue problems being a major one.
* Find somewhere that beginners simply will not and can not miss, that will tell them "Hey dude, send gardeners on attacks when stealing land. Trust us, it's how you win! For full details on using gardeners to 'flak' your wheelies and geos, please read the manual here....". This solution seems to be simple, obvious, and the right thing to do. Just... where to put it and how to word it remains.

Someone else suggested putting it as a step in the tutorial, that and maybe a change in the description of gardeners.

Kuda

Official Helper
called "Flak" - same stats as a gardener, same cost, everything the same, and then people have two units that both work as flak and can help with "flak layers" - causing a balancing issue.

Er, what? http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Index Learn to play. :p

ROFL!!! that's just mean Polo :)

Just... where to put it and how to word it remains.

Considered putting it in the welcome mail you spam automatically to every id created m8?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist