• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

User Archievements Unlocked: ?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
typo in public profiles. At the top of the 'User Achievements' list it says User Archievements. Unless we're suddenly going to be bushtarion a la pirate, i think that should read Achievements.

Also while we're on the subject, would it be possible to link directly to the User Achievements list from that text to the Wiki listing where it shows what they all are and how to achieve them? It would simplify things greatly so i don't have to sort through that mess of a wiki everytime i want to look up an achievement.

Thanks.

EDIT: In our (my?) quest for consistency, can we agree on a term for User Achievements as either that, or User Awards, they are called Achievements in the public profile and most people consider them that way (I think although i could be wrong) but they're labelled as User Awards on the wiki. Consistency, my kingdom for some consistency!!

EDIT 2: To continue in the vein of User Achievements: I believe the Award "Purist" is no longer achievable given that we've removed Pure Solo as a game option. unless this is coming back in the next round, i feel like people should be notified that 'It is no longer achievable due to changes in game mechanics.'

Ram

Head Gardener
Achievement.aspx

timtadams

Landscape Designer
EDIT 2: To continue in the vein of User Achievements: I believe the Award "Purist" is no longer achievable given that we've removed Pure Solo as a game option. unless this is coming back in the next round, i feel like people should be notified that 'It is no longer achievable due to changes in game mechanics.'

2 Award suggestions

Well, that was my two bobs worth, and if you see Azzers reply directly underneath it will all make sense, i hope :)

lavadog

Head Gardener
I think you get purist now for being solo without naps all round long. I think Azzer said it somewhere, but my brain gets like swiss cheese sometimes so I could be wrong :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
well then the wiki should be edited to reflect that since atm it has reference to pure solo which simply no longer exists :p i would edit it but i refuse to register! boycott wiki, woo!

lavadog

Head Gardener
You cant complain that it's not up to date if you want to boycott it :p You should be happy it isn't up to date.

EDIT: because that's a major reason a lot of people don't like wiki imo. I think a team of old school guys should be put on this project (I think twigley mentioned once that he would want to do it) and go through everything, correcting what's broken and adding what's missing as they go.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I boycott it because it's rubbish and to hopefully have it die and force azzer to realize that a real manual is much better than the wiki ;) No success yet.

And i'm not complaining so much as trying to help out the poor *******s who join and have to sort through that bloody mess. the least Azzer/Weeble could do is keep it updated if they want it to be used so badly ;)

And if you send a 'hardcore' group of old players (or whomever) to maintain the wiki, then it may as well just be a real proper manual like beforehand with that core group maintaining it. This is the wrong thread for an anti wiki rant so i'll stop here before things get really out of hand ;)

lavadog

Head Gardener
Agreed, it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye, so we'll keep it at that ;P

Btw, purist better be for solo without naps, cuz that was one of my goals for this little inactive round of mine :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i like my eyes, useful things they are, and pretty to boot!

There are two: there is Purist and then Purest.

Purist 15 3 rounds pure-solo (ID must have existed for at least 10,900 ticks and never been allied) <--- unachievable by that definition anymore.

Purest 15 1 round true-solo (ID must have existed for at least 10,900 ticks, never been allied, and never had any solo partners) <-- the one you appear to be talking about?

lavadog

Head Gardener
hmm well, maybe purist is now just three rounds of purest? Let's hope azzer gets a hold of this thread then ;P

And yes, I was talking about the latter one.

lavadog

Head Gardener
I have a long and hard road to go, but with ANK as my guide and mentor, I know I can do it ;P

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Work long and hard, young grasshopper, and one day you too can stand proudly amongst the ranks of the bushtarion imbaleets ;)

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
I think this was brought up in another thread and Azzer said that it had changed to just being solo, as opposed to pure solo.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yes yes people, they are still available

Actually I didn't realise the wiki entry for those 2 articles was out of date, Timtadams, thanks! Those two awards have been achievable last round too, with these new rules;

Purist: For 3 rounds, player must have had ID (that existed for at least 10,900 ticks) and never been in an alliance at all.
Purest: For 1 round, player must have had ID (that existed for at least 10,900 ticks) and never been in an alliance at all and never had any naps at all.

:)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
well the text in the wiki still reads as Pure Solo, which if you'd read the thread no longer exists. Edit the damn wiki! If you're going to use it, at least keep it up to date ;)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
well the text in the wiki still reads as Pure Solo
No it doesn't.

And seriously? Stop being such an ass and start helping with editing the Wiki yourself! That goes for everyone! The more the merrier.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
well the text in the wiki still reads as Pure Solo
No it doesn't.

And seriously? Stop being such an ass and start helping with editing the Wiki yourself! That goes for everyone! The more the merrier.

Weeble: If you edit the difference in (which it appears you did from the history of the wiki page) of course it will no longer say pure solo.
21:05, 10 June 2009 Weeble (Talk | contribs) m (17,281 bytes) (fixed very minor details regarding purest/purist)

Don't make it seem like it read 'solo' all along; that's just ludicrous especially when there are logs accessible to the public that show when things were changed and what, specifically, was also changed. You could've just graciously changed it and moved on, or at least if not graciously, then silently.

This is a direct copy and paste of the text from yesterday:
Purist 15 3 rounds pure-solo (ID must have existed for at least 10,900 ticks and never been allied)

Here is the text now (12-24 hours later):
Purist 15 3 rounds solo (ID must have existed for at least 10,900 ticks and never been allied in each round)

Forgive me for interpreting pure solo as meaning "pure solo", like the method of playing solo we used to, very recently, have. It's a difference with the vocabulary and could possibly be confusing for the playerbase.

this isn't the place for an anti wiki gripe, since you all know how i feel about it ;):2gunfire:

Last edited:

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Sorry, when did I imply that it had always read 'solo'?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Sorry, when did I imply that it had always read 'solo'?

When you corrected me saying it didn't say pure solo? Seemed a little snooty since you didn't include anything like 'Well thanks for pointing it out, now it says Solo instead.' You just made it seem like the text didn't read Pure solo and it seemed like you implied it never said it at all. Perhaps i misread your 'tone' and manner; that is a danger over text :(