forum mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuBbLeS

Harvester
omg some of the mods are such nazis. stop deleting posts that sudnt be deleted. we want our freedom of speech damn you!!!

gripe over for now

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I have to agree, they do their jobs well enough most of the time but some of them are a little overzealous and should learn how to moderate properly. At first i chalked this up to their 'newness' to the job, but we're at least two rounds into the new staff so that excuse no longer holds water. Learn to mod properly, or resign your job. There are plenty of other competent folk willing to take over.

This should not be a humourless place where every iota of humour and life is sucked out of every thread. Please, please lighten up.

This is an entreaty appealing to your (obviously) deeply buried and half strangled senses of humour. Please don't let that spark within you die, humour is a good thing, jokes are a good thing, and you're aborting the almost new born life of these forums.

Pro-humourists, unite! Together we can defeat the evil, soul destroying, life draining spectres who call themselves Moderators.

Ahead

Head Gardener
I agree, and for some mods: please use some common sense whilst moderating, and stop being such harsh killjoys tbh.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Write your game creator! Nominate me as Overlord of Suggestions! I will patrol that place as a mod and no where else.

Remember when you think 'Garrett', think 'Suggestion Overlord'.

:D

Changer

Head Gardener
If this is in relation to what IoF posted 4 or more times earlier, then imo it had every reason to be deleted. On each and every occasion.

Anyway, this sort of stuff should be brought up with Azzer and not in public within the forums (Even tho your not blaming one individual).

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Please do not edit/delete this. I'm not making any accusations, I sincerely think that what I post below is a hurdle in the development of this forum community and ultimately the game.

We may have a chance for constructive progress no matter if the author has dubious intentions (of which I have no idea).

i don't know what IoF posted or tried to post. I must have missed all of that.

However, ANK made a(n) (inappropriate) post that was deleted. I saved it for all to see in the ANK fan club. There is a reason I bring this up.

He did touch on a point that there is no consistency on how to interpret a rule from mod to mod. Not to bring up old wounds as I really want to leave them be, but that was really the heart of Tana's original gripes.

Unfortunately the consistency will have to flow from Azzer, but my understanding from different Azzer posts, etc (as I've never been a mod here) is that the mods only have the most general of guidelines.

Interpret wrong and be de-modded (after a few complaints). Interpret correctly and be hated (by the playerbase). Be inactive (which there are at least 3 mods I can list off the top of my head) and be named one of the best mods.

Does Azlev even log into these forums? (doesn't need an answer) He's a mod. Did his complete inactivity not come up in his review? (also doesn't need an answer, not my business)

I say this not to flame Azlev, and believe it or not, not to flame Azzer. I say this as a description/symptom of the problem. *IMO* <-- can't stress enough.

The forums DO *need* consistency. It has to start and end with Azzer. Yup people will make mistakes too. However, I feel that some of them could have been headed off at the pass instead of some of the freaking circus we had a few months ago.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?p=29078

Azzer said:
Every single moderator action is automatically fully logged - who did it, what they did, where they did it.

If there's an issue - eg a specific post or thread - and you think a moderator has deleted it, removed it, edited it or otherwise in an unfair/biased/prejudicde/power-abuse manner, then send me a forum PM with full details (a link to the thread or if unavailable what the thread title was, a rough date of when it happened, which moderator you think is abusing their position, and why/in what way you think they are abusing it). As long as you report them civilly and comprehensively (ie - you don't simply PM me "Azzer DA is a power-abuser sort him out!!!!!" which is about as useful as a chocolate kettle that's gone mouldy and infested with ants), I will take it seriously and investigate. While I can't always promise a reply - I will take serious note of all complaints and investigate any issues of abuse - trying to correct the case of abuse, and if a moderator is seen to consistantly abuse their position, they will be removed from their position.

[snip] - so I urge anyone with a genuine grievance to go through the correct process of sending me a forum PM. I won't ignore you, just make sure you give me all the info necessary and please have some patience! (sometimes it needs some digging around, or sometimes I've already had it reported by someone else so it's already been looked at!)

As yet, I haven't received a single complaint from anybody that has been posting here or spam-posting these threads about any actions - specific or general - about any forum mods - for weeks.

I'll re-iterate - every action by every mod is logged. Everything any mod does can be seen by other mods. Reported posts go on a special "moderator forum", and all moderators get to see the report, they talk to eachother about possible ways of dealing with any reports, if they hand out infractions or warnings it gets posted on this forum section so all mods can see that an infraction/warning was given - meaning if one was incorrectly given then the other mods will complain to eachother/tell eachother off about it... it helps ensure an even "playing field".

If you have an issue with a specific action, or a specific moderator, or have a list of instances where something was moderated in an unfair or unjust manner, then send me all of the appropriate evidence - links if possible, or rough dates/the forum area/something to help me find and verify what the issue is - and I will look in to it and deal with anything as necessary.

Making generalised "Oh all the mods are useless and nazi" threads is not appropriate, is not condusive to a good atmosphere, and is not how we deal with any nazi mods that might exist.

PM me your issues, if you have a genuine issue that you think warrants me spending time investigating it... if you have no such issues, then do not make these threads which basically put a bad taste in everybody's mouths - mods and forum users alike.

PS: Regarding "deleted posts" - they don't get deleted, they get "moderated" - meaning all forum mods can still see them, and we can "re-allow them" if a mod thinks another mod 'deleted' a post or a thread incorrectly. They don't disappear off the radar. We all see everything that's going on...

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh and just to quickly reply to 2 points from garrett, I shouldn't really as it's locked but so it's not entirely ignored... yes AzLev is a lazy bugger and needs removing as a forum mod, been distracted with other things atm and a forum user that has been flagged "moderator" but is doing no harm until I have time to remove them is not an urgent priority - he's not going around wielding his secret mod tools and causing mayhem atm, nor is he getting crates full of gold for being a mod despite not actually modding... no harm no foul ;)

And as for consistancy - the moderators forum area and the mods being allowed to (and are actively doing) constantly commenting on eachother's actions and interpretations is creating a great "mesh" of consistancy between the mods, they are all levelling out to eachother despite all being very different individuals. It's all stuff that goes on behind the scenes so perhaps because it can't be seen, players think it's not happening!?

Status
Not open for further replies.