• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Slight addition to mob notes

Turnip2k

Harvester
Just a small niggle - when you get incomings, you may want to add a note for each player in your ally which gets an incoming, not just on the attacking / defending mobs. That way you can put general stuff like 'LAST TICK' or 'RECALL EOT' for the player (which applies for ALL defensive mobs) and not have to use a specific mob note for it, which may be missed.

Just add a slightly larger 'note' function above each player in the ally that gets incoming - in addition to mob notes for all defending and attacking mobs. Make it slightly larger and slightly more visible than the other mob notes, so it stands out as being general.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Why don't you just use the mob note next to the incoming for stuff like 'last tick recall at Atk f3', etc? Or did I misunderstood your suggestion? :eek:

Turnip2k

Harvester
If there are many, many incoming mobs, it can sometimes be missed.

Individual mob notes are mostly used to note numbers before stealth show up, routes, amounts, weather its a fake etc...

There should be a space for general orders which go for the WHOLE set of incomings on that one player.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
that space is called mob notes. we have it already. if you miss it, so be it. Human element ftw.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I just want a summation of my outgoings page. Would love to see a total total.

not just per person, but what the whole ally has out.

Ahead

Head Gardener
that space is called mob notes. we have it already. if you miss it, so be it. Human element ftw.

He means a full incoming note, and he already knows that the individual defence mob notes exist. For example, having a note next to the total incoming friendly/hostile numbers which you can say specifically what to do, so that by a quick glance you can see what to do, as it could be missed if you put it in the notes of one of the incoming mobs.

I'll draw up an example but I doubt it will be formatted well..

Currently:

Name of target [ID] Name of attacker [ID] {note - 15m RPGs, 10m hummers - last tick} 111,111,111 incoming hostiles
Total: 111,111,111 incoming hostiles

To something like this:

Name of target [ID] Name of attacker [ID] {note - 15m RPGs, 10m hummers} 111,111,111 incoming hostiles
{new note - LAST TICK} Total: 111,111,111 incoming hostiles

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I just want a summation of my outgoings page. Would love to see a total total.

not just per person, but what the whole ally has out.

Agreed. This needs its own suggestion thread though.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Individual mob notes are mostly used to note numbers before stealth show up, routes, amounts, weather its a fake etc...

Individual mob notes are mostly used for whatever the alliance leader/players want. There's nothing to say that they must be used for the purposes you say. In War? Huh? last round I mainly used the notes to organise what def should be sent where (which is what you are suggesting :-/).

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Individual mob notes are mostly used for whatever the alliance leader/players want. There's nothing to say that they must be used for the purposes you say. In War? Huh? last round I mainly used the notes to organise what def should be sent where (which is what you are suggesting :-/).

Indeed. You can use mob notes however you want. The more skilled the person, the more effective the notes.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Ok, im not saying this for big allies, since we can use mIRC to tell people what to do etc...

For smaller alliances, having the overall orders for a single persons defense attached to a single incoming mob can be confusing - and I have had that mob recall before, leaving no instructions on the rest of the incomings if you dont refresh regularly.

If theres a note for each player which stands out from all the individual mob notes, this would reduce confusion in some cases - it is the authoratative note for ALL incomings at that id, and isnt tied to a single mob.

Again, this isnt for the benefit of bigger allies, since mob notes are a novelty (we have gotten by for long enough without them). I'm thinking more for the smaller allies and organising defense for less mIRC based allies.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Ok, im not saying this for big allies, since we can use mIRC to tell people what to do etc...

For smaller alliances, having the overall orders for a single persons defense attached to a single incoming mob can be confusing - and I have had that mob recall before, leaving no instructions on the rest of the incomings if you dont refresh regularly.

If theres a note for each player which stands out from all the individual mob notes, this would reduce confusion in some cases - it is the authoratative note for ALL incomings at that id, and isnt tied to a single mob.

Again, this isnt for the benefit of bigger allies, since mob notes are a novelty (we have gotten by for long enough without them). I'm thinking more for the smaller allies and organising defense for less mIRC based allies.

Look whether big or small, there has to be a line and a limit where a certain skill set comes into play.

You have to have a certain set of skills to be effective at this game. It's no joke.

My suggestion would be that if you are having trouble organizing your def on a small alliance:

1) make your mob notes then do a politics post with the screen shot or remphasizing instructions *including a what to do if your inc you are assigned to recalls*

2) run thru certain basics of alliance defense with all your members. if they are all not online at the same time, post a few pointers that everyone should be following. ask ailihphilia I post shtuff all the time. btw if every leader is not posting their round vision at or prior to round start, you've already lost your goals for the round as far as I'm considered. as leader YOU set the tone for your ally and how they respond to you. you post your wants, certain expectations, and most importantly how you like to see things done. especially in regards to defense.

3) if you are against the wall in what to do as far as using notes/organizing your staff, members/ etc then use the HELPER system. People cannot learn if they don't ask questions.

So use the helper system for what it was intended. to help with the game. there's nothing in the rules that I saw that said helpers are limited to helping getting started/growing seeds/solo play.

/soapbox off.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

He means a full incoming note, and he already knows that the individual defence mob notes exist. For example, having a note next to the total incoming friendly/hostile numbers which you can say specifically what to do, so that by a quick glance you can see what to do, as it could be missed if you put it in the notes of one of the incoming mobs.

I'll draw up an example but I doubt it will be formatted well..

Currently:

Name of target [ID] Name of attacker [ID] {note - 15m RPGs, 10m hummers - last tick} 111,111,111 incoming hostiles
Total: 111,111,111 incoming hostiles

To something like this:

Name of target [ID] Name of attacker [ID] {note - 15m RPGs, 10m hummers} 111,111,111 incoming hostiles
{new note - LAST TICK} Total: 111,111,111 incoming hostiles

i knew precisely what he was talking about; i just disagree with the need for an extra mob note. If you can't use the current note system to your satisfaction then i'm sorry but we're going to have to start queuing people up for lobotomies. At a certain point some skill is going to have to come into play.

As polo said he organized brilliantly defence last round by using mob notes. There is also POLS, and MAIL, and ALLY MAIL. And no reason people cannot be allowed to use ally mail , especially defensive coordinators.